Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two weeks from Plastics - progress so far

BTW - has it been said how impressive your shoulders are? that pre-plastics photo from behind, I don't know if you are flexing or what but the whole bridge of muscles across yourback and shoulders, wow!! Is that all from crossfit?

Wow you look amazing! I am scheduled for my surgery on The 30th in Mexico. I am excited to move on to the next chapter, but not looking forward to the pain!! I keep hearing how you can't stand straight and are hunched over for weeks and you are standing tall! Congrats to you!!

Thank you for the encouragement.

I imagine that a lot of the success comes from having a partner in aftercare, having a helper probably makes all the difference!

J Cross at two weeks out I wasn't really standing straight. Right after my shower and relaxed is my straightest posture, but i normally stand very tall and even in that photo, I am slightly leaned. I am 3 weeks now and still find myself hunching a little but definately getting better day by day.

The surgery was not very painful as they do a good job of pain management. It is a tediious recovery though, for all the reasons mentioned previously. Having help at home was absolutely necessary for me - I can't care for the animals and having help with the daily bandage changing and changing garments has been a life saver.

As of yesterday, I am 3 weeks out. I am driving - just local getting around. I have to be careful still, to not put tension on incisions in order to keep the scars as narrow as possible. I have 3 more weeks of activity restriction. AT 6 weeks out I can begin exercising and all restrictions should be cleared by 8 weeks.

Thank You for sharing that information with me! I am trying to think of everything I might need when I go and when I come back. The flight is a long flight for me because I live on the East Coast. Were there things you took that you wish you hadn't. Also was there anything you wish you would've taken and didn't? The closer I get I keep wondering if I should pack early then go over everything right before leaving.

Hey Jane, You look absoultely amazing! Your arms are remarkable too! Just sayin' Thank you so much for the pictures and the the brave compression photos too. Are ya gonna have a Compression burnin' party when you are fully recovered and dont need them as a snuggy wrap?

I was curious about the cost for your surgery as well and the doctor you went too. Can you please PM the information.

Yes, yes I am planning plastic while waiting for my wls appeal to go through, what can i say I am a planner and a dreamer full of hope thanks to you and your story!

You look so good!! I'm so envious! :)

Amazing results. Congratulations!

Well, i went to Mexico to Dr Sauceda and had fairly extensive work done. I started with 7 drains and am now down to 1. I still have stitches in. So far, my results look great and I am very pleased, but it takes 2 months to see your final due to swelling etc. I still have a bit of a poochy tummy but I think it will be flat once the swelling goes down.

I was very pleased with the surgeon and his care team. I loved the 3 nights and 4 days of clinic supervised recovery - excellent pain management and nursing care. Then, I was released to a hotel were I was bandaged and checked daily by a nurse and the doctor visited each day as well. For me, this was the only way to do it as the level of care I needed post op was fairly high in the early days.

His way of doing anesthesia and working with a partner means he could do alot in one surgery safely... however, no joke - this was alot of surgery at once. I had the lower body lift, breast lift and augmentation, arms and "small" thigh lift. That means no incision down the inner thigh, just along the groin. My recovery has so far been textbook. I saw my PCP and she was overwhelmed with happiness at how good things look, the incisions look good, all signs so far are of excellent healing.

I am far from out of the woods though; complications can still happen so I am diligent about taking it easy (this is killing me as I am normally so active), getting in even extra Protein and wearing the compression garments from hades. smile.png

The surgery was NOT painful and the incisions have never really been worse then kind of sore. The very worst part is dealing with the tight garments, the forced inactivity and of course the drains. There are certainly discomforts.... of the 6 drains pulled so far, two of them hurt.

Taken today, two weeks out, I am sorta hiding the two drains still in the mons area:

attachicon.gif2013-10-29 11.24.09.jpgattachicon.gif2013-10-29 11.24.25.jpg

These photos were recent, pre surgery. As you can see, I had worked out and had some "toning" under all that skin.

attachicon.gif09092013 b.pngattachicon.gif2013-10-07 10.21.08.jpgattachicon.gifmail.google.com.jpg

I will get better pics when that last drain comes out... it is quite literally a drag on my style!

To round this out, i decided to add a pre VSG photo so you get the gist of how much I have transformed!

attachicon.gifP1020596.JPG

Hey Jane you look wonderful! I think that I need to have the same surgeries as you can you please private message me the name of your surgeon and the cost.

You look GREAT and I saw on the 5:2 thread the close up of the arms and I have to say for only being a few weeks out they look amazing! I bet you will be so happy when all is said and done!

I was actually able to get into this thread, holy moly that took some maneuvering! CGJane, as the creator of this thread maybe it's time to change its name to a month out, progress! :) I have forgotten, who was your doctor? Where did you fly into?

Wow.. "You've come a long ways, baby!"

Now you need to add "jr" to your name 'cause you're no longer the old one.

So proud of you and the new life you're beginning .. :)

I was actually able to get into this thread, holy moly that took some maneuvering! CGJane, as the creator of this thread maybe it's time to change its name to a month out, progress! :) I have forgotten, who was your doctor? Where did you fly into?

You are so right. wow... my arms are amazing and what is funny is that was a big fear of mne - was it worth it to have the scars. YES!

Anyway, I need help getting decent photos, but I WILL update!

Well, the garments have hooks, zippers etc, but it definately requires an assistant. i hear that at some point I will be able to do it myself, but I cannot visualize that yet. It was much harder when I had the arm drains in - took 2-3 people then so that was part of the excellent care at the clinic...it was really hard to do with all the drains and early days after the surgery.

It is the center of my day... the "regarmenting" after the shower.

My thin Irish skin can't take the fabric too well so I wear a thin shirt under it to avoid skin rashes. yeah, it's fun! But, my PCP reminded me yesterday that this is how you get the great results. Follow the instructions, wear the torture garments, don't over do it. Part of the task of the garment is keeping the swelling down, but the big thing it does is stabilize everything while the skin and fascia and everything reattach - the internal healing. I kinda like that hourglass figure I seem to have going on so I am fully compliant with wearing the dang thing except for about an hour a day in hopes that I end up with excellent results.

BTW, I was going to have my PCP remove my stitches but we judged it to be a 1-2 hour job and I felt I would be more comfortable doing it over multiple sessions. She sent me home with a loaner set of sterile instruments - and my support person is doing it - what a great PCP is THAT? We will go back if we have any problems but basically plan to start working on them this weekend.

That is awesome, I wonder if my PCP would be willing to do that. Since he is two hours away. That would be a big help.

By the way you look great!!!