Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November fitness challenge

Wow since this whole change to Bariatric pal I have not been able to find this and wasn't getting notices anymore. What a pain but I finally got on a computer instead of my phone and started following again.

Last time I posted was 11/9 and had done 26 miles . I have done 16 miles since so Total for the month so far is 42 miles. Not nearly as close to 100 as I would have liked right now but thats okay as long as I am moving. I signed up for a 5K on Thanksgiving so I am excited about that.

It has been a good month of fitness. Each day has seen between 2-3 miles of running, mostly either sprinting for short distances (400 m intervals) or fast for longer durations (6 min average for 1 mile). Running a mile feels really comfortable now at race speed. My lifting has seen a slow progression of PR every week.

This Friday marks the end of our 1 month nutritional challenge at the crossfit box. We will also be doing a special chipper WOD that identical to the one from last month to see where we have improved. Most are taking on weight loss as a goal for the end of this challenge. I wasn't intending to and actually saw my weight climb by 5 lbs in last few weeks to hold stead at 182. Every day. I attributed the weight gain to lack of proper recovery / sleep / muscle gain, but not really sure of actual cause.

Today, I got on the scale this morning and it said 176. I checked and rechecked 8 times. Same weight. Interesting drop. Batteries are Ok. Not sure if it was because I slept more (actually got 8 hours instead of usual 6) or because of a chipper workout I did yesterday:

6 Sets Of:

​Hang Clean + Power Clean + Jerk

then

14 Minute AMRAP:

10 Ring dips

200m Sprint

10 Pullups

200m Sprint

I got 6 rounds and, man, was that tough. My dinners have also been a little more on the "rich side" these last few months, but last night I had straight Turky (4 ounces). Maybe that did it? Who knows...

Got in 3.5 miles on Monday and 4 today , i more str. session, MTD-64.5 miles and 7 sessions, got to kick it into gear.

I have met one goal so far, I have upped my weights on all machines by atleast 5 pounds and some by 10 pounds. Very happy.

Have been able to do a 2 mile run so far - but to be honest I have slacked off on the running. I don't really enjoy it. But I did add yogalates which is for strength and flexibility which I really need more flexibility and balance. So happy with how things are going, but I really do need to try another run this week.

Just popping in with a current update:

117.3 miles

And looking at the calendar and knowing "about" how many miles I do each week, with being gone the week of Thanksgiving, I might actually fall short of my 175 goal. I'm going to step up my game a bit but I might actually not make it this month!

Made an additional 4.5 today. Puts me at 87.3.

And just for cheer. Isn't this a lovely Princess with Cinderella? Of course, I'm prejudice. :)

post-108291-0-54905200-1384911653_thumb.jpg

MTD: 29 miles. Need to get my butt in gear

MTD: 31 AND. I planked today for 90 seconds. I'm happy about that.

4.65 miles today...feeling pretty good. Having some uncomfortable feelings in my hips for some reason. Mainly when I first stand up. Once I get moving it feels better. Not sure what it might be. Anywho...my MTD now stands at 85.85 miles.

Speed drills tonight for 3 miles of running.

Totals so far this month:

Run: 25.2 (Goal 40)

Walk: 48.3 (Goal 50)

Bike: 15 (Goal 30)

Total: 88.5

I got in 4 miles on the exercise bike tonight for a new total of 57.38 miles. Tomorrow might be a day of rest, I'm baby sitting after working night shift so figure I will be wore out. We shall see!

OK, I have a quandary and need advice.

My fitness goal is a 10,000+ steps per day average for the month of November; but I just started my strength training last week with my PT.

So now I'm doing an hour of cardio on MWF and about 30 min of cardio + an hour of strength training on TTh. On weekends, I'm doing whatever I can (still aiming for 10K steps), and trying to rest some too.

With the strength training days though, I'm gonna be chronically under 10K unless I exercise for like 2.5 hours! That can't be good at just 5 weeks out, can it?

Should I do the 10K steps on top of the strength training? Make up for it on weekends? Give up on ever having a rest/recovery day?

What are my priorities here?