Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have three appointments on Monday for pre-surgical testing, as well as my 2.5 yr cancer scans, chest x-rays and oncology consult.

I know that they're doing the scans, an ekg, a physical, blood tests, etc. What was the ETC for you? What else do I have to look forward to for the testing? Already had a meeting with the trainer. Meeting the anesthesiologist and nurse practitioner and nutritionist again.

Writing down every single med, taking my book with me about the surgery, my laptop and my hubby is taking his I-Pad. What else do we need? Should I safely assume that it's time to shave my legs and pits (winter is on it's way!!)?

I just had EKG, blood work, chest x ray, vitals, physical, and paperwork. Btw, do you have pugs? I have one and she is the best!!

We have two Pugs, Barney is the fawn in the photo. He is 9 years old. We got him when he was a puppy. We also have "Mrs" who is a black Pug. She is 13 years old. She is a "failed foster". We fostered Pugs for years and just fell in love with Mrs when we fostered her, so we kept her!

We also have a white Boxer named Mister Petey Picard, he's deaf, he has cancer and his kidneys are failing. They estimate that he is 9 years old. We adopted him from the local animal shelter when they were going to put him down because of all his issues. They didn't think he would live long. Two years later, he's still as crazy as ever!

Now that I made a way long answer to your simple question.....Tell me about your Pug?

Our sweet baby pug dies last weekend at 23 months and we are heartbroken. She herniated a disc and became paralyzed. At the same time they found several spinal abnormalities. We were trying treatment and then the second day nonstop seizures started. It's only been a week and I am still hysterical over it. I've done a bunch of research and leaned that paralysis is somewhat common with pugs. Have you heard this?

Our sweet baby pug dies last weekend at 23 months and we are heartbroken. She herniated a disc and became paralyzed. At the same time they found several spinal abnormalities. We were trying treatment and then the second day nonstop seizures started. It's only been a week and I am still hysterical over it. I've done a bunch of research and leaned that paralysis is somewhat common with pugs. Have you heard this?

Pugs, unfortunately, have many medical issues. I'm so sorry about your baby girl!!

The most common is luxating patella. We've fostered many Pugs who need surgery to fix one or more of their knees. Expensive surgery. I've know a few with liver shunt which causes seizures. Usually not in such a young Pug though?

That is so sad. I cannot imagine. I would be a mess. My pug is my life, her name is Molly and she is 6 1/2. About health issues, Molly has had many UTI's which have cost me hundreds. She also has problems with her knee, it pops out constantly. She was 23 pounds, we got her down to 17 and is a lot better but still has issues from time to time. I would also love to get a baby black pug! I recently found one but just thought it wasn't the right time with my surgery and i have another surgery coming in December. But I am dieting to have one!!!

I will never ever get another Pug puppy again. I don't have the energy for it. Our Barney was a nightmare for the first four years of his life!! Only older dogs for us from now on! There are Pug rescues all over the place!

Oh no, that's horrible. My Molly was bad for about a year, but since then she is the best dog ever :)

Our Mollie Jingles was a terror her first year. She would fly through the air like the Tasmanian devil, jump into the bathtub uninvited and have the typical pug silliness. Since she was only 23 months, we only had the tad calmer and more relaxed pug for about a year. I think the thing I will miss the most is the pug snuggles, silliness and snoring :(. Here she is sitting on the kitchen table. Something she found acceptable despite all of our protests!

post-59439-13838396786979_thumb.jpg

Our Barney has the same attitude. He will sit where he thinks it's appropriate. Period.

This is a photo of our very first Pug. We adopted him when he was found wandering around with the Saint Bernard. We wanted a Saint, we adopted both and fell in love with Pugs. Otis the Pug and Buska the Saint.

post-63940-13838396787891_thumb.jpg