Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Adventures in shapers

I've always worn shapers, but only with dresses. I have HHHHHIIIIIIPPPPPPSSSSSS that need to be smoothed. I also have these thunderous thighs that rub together at the slightest movement causing an unbearable friction commonly known as "chub rub".

I learned from that Friends episode (Ross and the leather pants) to powder up before Shapewear, as it decreases moisture (as a fattie, I hate hate hate the word moist, but it is what it is) and helps shapewear removal. I've never seen crotchless shapewear but that sounds like heaven! I have taught myself never to consume liquids before or while wearing shapewear because bathroom stall gymnastics usually muss my hair horrifically, along with inducing a very unattractive sweat and lather trying to pull them back up. And if the handicapped stall is in use? HELL'S BELLS! There is no way to contortion myself back into them if I am in a skinny stall.

I'm thrilled to say that I have lost enough weight that I can now wear the light control biker shorts looking shapewear. My skin has shrunk back for the most part SO FAR and I really only need the smoothing on the sides because I have a tiny waist with my big hips. I do agree that shapewear rounds out the figure so I look slightly more capsule shaped than without, but it's totally worth it.

Question. With the crotchless kind, I assume you wear no underpants? Do your bits ever come in contact with surfaces??? (I just gagged typing that.)

I've always worn shapers, but only with dresses. I have HHHHHIIIIIIPPPPPPSSSSSS that need to be smoothed. I also have these thunderous thighs that rub together at the slightest movement causing an unbearable friction commonly known as "chub rub".

I learned from that Friends episode (Ross and the leather pants) to powder up before Shapewear, as it decreases moisture (as a fattie, I hate hate hate the word moist, but it is what it is) and helps shapewear removal. I've never seen crotchless shapewear but that sounds like heaven! I have taught myself never to consume liquids before or while wearing shapewear because bathroom stall gymnastics usually muss my hair horrifically, along with inducing a very unattractive sweat and lather trying to pull them back up. And if the handicapped stall is in use? HELL'S BELLS! There is no way to contortion myself back into them if I am in a skinny stall.

I'm thrilled to say that I have lost enough weight that I can now wear the light control biker shorts looking shapewear. My skin has shrunk back for the most part SO FAR and I really only need the smoothing on the sides because I have a tiny waist with my big hips. I do agree that shapewear rounds out the figure so I look slightly more capsule shaped than without, but it's totally worth it.

Question. With the crotchless kind, I assume you wear no underpants? Do your bits ever come in contact with surfaces??? (I just gagged typing that.)

I haven't worn my crotchless one out in public yet, but I hadn't even considered the issue of bits-to-surface contact. Ewwwww.....that would be awful. Maybe in a short dress that would be an issue?? I don't wear anything above the knee, because my knees are badly scarred from surgeries & I'm self-conscious about that.

I wear leggings under my pants to smooth me out

Oh My this post made me literally laugh out loud while sitting in my office ALONE. I have a tank top one but was always curious about the full body shaper. I think I will give it a try but I am quite sure as I am trying it on I will remember this post and definitely have to let out a chuckle or two!

if they made a full body suck-in suit' date=' ankles to wrists like a superhero, I would totally buy one![/quote']

They do! I plan on getting one for this winter. They keep me warm!!

say what now?!! Who makes it? Is it really a super-sucker-in garment or just snug long johns?

say what now?!! Who makes it? Is it really a super-sucker-in garment or just snug long johns?

I will get that information for you soon. Let me look them up again, because it has gotten cold and I need to place an order. Smile.

post-116222-0-60122500-1384472103_thumb.jpg

Taylor & Taylor on eBay sell this item. I have ordered from them before, but it was sleeveless and thigh length. It is one of my favorites. The item shown also comes in long sleeves and ankle length and in various colors. The fabric is soft, yet it does compress very well. I plan on having mine custom made, because I need extra compression in my abs and butt area due to my surgery to keep everything in place while it is healing. They do have a phone number where you can call them directly to place special orders. That way you can give them your measurements and have it made just for you. They are very nice! Smile

I usually wrap one of those ab sweat exercise wraps around my waist, before I put on my shaper. It helps! I can't breath, or eat, or talk, but I'm looking sexy. Then I put on my high heels, and my toes hurt, my feet hurt and I can't walk, but hey, I'm looking sexy!

I have a friend who wears tortuously high heels that always end up hurting her feet. Her motto is 'It hurts to be beautiful'! Lol

A custom made shaper? That's wonderful!! That means I could get one with extra extra strength lower gut control!

Yes, I like the custom made ones better than 'one size fits all.' However, there are no returns on items that are custom made.

http://www.taylorgarments.com

Lol... That made me laugh out loud so much, my kids were like..."mom? What the heck? Are you ok?"

OMG You got me...I'm so glad I already had used the restroom. Playing this potential scene out in my head between myself and my husband literally made me almost pee myself. Thank you for the giggles today. :lol:

BAHAHAHA!!!!! The first time my husband attempted to take off my bra for our "first time" was like some kind of pre-pubescent boy's nightmare of elbows and grunting and knocking me in head....and he was 40 years old at the time!! I'm still somewhat stunned I actually had sex with him after that. I adore my guy, but he is not the smoothest operator around. If he tried to take a shaper off my body, he might choke me to death. :P

OMG You got me...I'm so glad I already had used the restroom. Playing this potential scene out in my head between myself and my husband literally made me almost pee myself. Thank you for the giggles today. :lol:

BAHAHAHA!!!!! The first time my husband attempted to take off my bra for our "first time" was like some kind of pre-pubescent boy's nightmare of elbows and grunting and knocking me in head....and he was 40 years old at the time!! I'm still somewhat stunned I actually had sex with him after that. I adore my guy, but he is not the smoothest operator around. If he tried to take a shaper off my body, he might choke me to death. :P

This is a freaking riot... but I have to ask, now that everybody knows that you step INTO Shapewear and peel it off like a banana - down, not over your head - is it going any better? LOL