Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi my name is Laura I'm from Chicago il. I'm 32 years old and I weigh 216 lbs. I'm 5'3

I just started investigating about WLS and come to the conclusion that I need it I struggle so much with weight and it's always a constant problem the problem is just stuck in my head I go to the gym everyday well 5 times a week I dropped weight in the past 8 months about 30 lbs. I had an injured knee and desperately needed surgery because it got to the point it was affecting me at the gym and jumping and it would lock on me hurted so bad anyway due to my surgery I had in April I have gained all my weight back and some I'm so disappointed in myself and very embarressed to see people that knew I was losing and know see me as a failure how embarresssing so anyway I'm a self pay and will be having gastric sleeve surgery Oct. 29th I'm super excited and just can't believe this is going to happen!!! It feels to good to be true!!! I wanna be happy healthy and be able to live life and love it!!! I have a 12 yr. old daughter and I always feel very tired and lazy to do things with her I do do things I just don't feel comfortable I know in starting to feel like health issues may be creeping up I'm more of a medium build, imma size 16 , today is the 20th. So it's 9 more days to go lol i just can't wait! I'm always here quietly hearing ur stories , happy moments and struggles I decided to post today since my day is almost coming , I've learned so much from u guys I thank you so much everyone is very sweet and nice I hope to make many many friends ???? well just thought I'd introduce myself. I go to sleep thinking of how my life wil be after the surgery and wake up thinking about ur , it's constantly on my mind I can't even sleep because I'm so excited lol, I'm a good person and very sweet everyone that knows me says I'm too nice and have a heart of gold lol I believe that and I know I deserve this ????

You sure do deserve it Laura...everyone deserves to be healthy and happy and feeling great!! I never thought I would ever have a life again worth living...And now I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your date..Soon you will be a loser like the rest of us on here!!!!!!!!!! :)

Welcome to the forums Laura. This is really an amazing resource. The collective knowledge of everyone here is amazing. I encourage you to spend an hour or two per day on the forums preop and an hour a day on the forums after surgery, at least for a while. Learn as much as you can. You will see some areas where some veterans on the forum might have slightly different ideas on what's best, but for the most part you will see that most of the experts agree on most things.

You're not starting out as heavy as some people, so I encourage you to pay special attention to the threads on people who start out at a lower BMI. Since your surgery is coming up soon, I encourage you to find the threads on what to take with you to the hospital. You probably won't need most of the stuff, but take it anyway because you don't know in advance what things you will actually need.

You sound like someone who has given this a lot of thought, and I'm sure that you are making a great decision. Best of luck to you, and please update this thread or another one as you make progress.

Edited by ItsMe2033

So much of our culture blames people who are overweight. No one blames the food manufacturers who design food to be addictive. No one blames the way our lives have changed so most of us are not walking or moving in our day to day lives.

Of course you deserve this! It's not your fault that your body is thrifty with fuel. It's the way you were born and the way this world had evolved.

I wish I could have had this surgery when I was 32. I'm happy I had it at 66.

Good for you for taking care of yourself!

You sure do deserve it Laura...everyone deserves to be healthy and happy and feeling great!! I never thought I would ever have a life again worth living...And now I do!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the forum and congrats on your date..Soon you will be a loser like the rest of us on here!!!!!!!!!! :)

Thank you so much!!!! I can't wait to be a lighter me!!!! ????

Welcome to the forums Laura. This is really an amazing resource. The collective knowledge of everyone here is amazing. I encourage you to spend an hour or two per day on the forums preop and an hour a day on the forums after surgery' date=' at least for a while. Learn as much as you can. You will see some areas where some veterans on the forum might have slightly different ideas on what's best, but for the most part you will see that most of the experts agree on most things. You're not starting out as heavy as some people, so I encourage you to pay special attention to the threads on people who start out at a lower BMI. Since your surgery is coming up soon, I encourage you to find the threads on what to take with you to the hospital. You probably won't need most of the stuff, but take it anyway because you don't know in advance what things you will actually need. You sound like someone who has given this a lot of thought, and I'm sure that you are making a great decision. Best of luck to you, and please update this thread or another one as you make progress.[/quote']

Thank u so much!!! I have been on this forum I even think more than 2 hours a day that's how excited I am about this lol, I'm still trying to figure out how to use this forum i couldn't post anything cuz I was so confused but then switched to full site and woop there it is lol I'm so happy u replied to me I can use helpful information thank u so much and I will investigate more on pre and after surgery :) it's so exciting to learn so much and new things knowing I will be healthy !!! I found ur reply so helpful thank u thank u thank u im on it now lol ❤️

So much of our culture blames people who are overweight. No one blames the food manufacturers who design food to be addictive. No one blames the way our lives have changed so most of us are not walking or moving in our day to day lives. Of course you deserve this! It's not your fault that your body is thrifty with fuel. It's the way you were born and the way this world had evolved. I wish I could have had this surgery when I was 32. I'm happy I had it at 66. Good for you for taking care of yourself!

U are so right!!! It's so hard for us to be strong and not fall into temptation and walk away I woke up this morning and I'm so hungry but I will take a Protein shake and have a snack in a few , I'm so happy ur living life and loving it!!!! It's the way to live I've missed out on so many bdays and family gatherings in the past 4/5 months bucause I don't want no one seeing me I feel so ashamed I just so glad I'm doing something about it now I just wanna be happy and be able to breathe and not have my chest hurt and be tired and out of breathe when I try to keep a conversation I'm just so done with this it's time for change and im ready!!!! ????❤️ Thank u for replying

Of course you deserve this surgery and all the benefits it will bring - like having loads more energy, not being out of breath or sweaty, lol!

I started pre-surgery at 223lbs, 5'2", 207lbs on day of surgery (26 April), now 145lbs. So even lower BMI starts can be successful :-))))

Good luck, I know you will achieve your goals of being happy, healthy and loving life - feel the same myself!

Of course you deserve this surgery and all the benefits it will bring - like having loads more energy' date=' not being out of breath or sweaty, lol! I started pre-surgery at 223lbs, 5'2", 207lbs on day of surgery (26 April), now 145lbs. So even lower BMI starts can be successful :-)))) Good luck, I know you will achieve your goals of being happy, healthy and loving life - feel the same myself![/quote']

Omg !!! So happy for u !!!! I wish to be 145 one day lol wow!!!!!!!!! When I hear people say they lost so much weight before surgery I just think to myself wow sounds so hard to do!!!!!! But I need to believe in my self that I can do this!!! ...Wow I'm so happy for u!!!!!!!

It has come as quite a shock to me too ;-) I have never succeeded at anything weight related until now. And I can't believe how calm and convinced I am that this is a way of living I can maintain.

It has come as quite a shock to me too ;-) I have never succeeded at anything weight related until now. And I can't believe how calm and convinced I am that this is a way of living I can maintain.
❤️ Good job! ????

Hi my name is Laura I'm from Chicago il. I'm 32 years old and I weigh 216 lbs. I'm 5'3

I just started investigating about WLS and come to the conclusion that I need it I struggle so much with weight and it's always a constant problem the problem is just stuck in my head I go to the gym everyday well 5 times a week I dropped weight in the past 8 months about 30 lbs. I had an injured knee and desperately needed surgery because it got to the point it was affecting me at the gym and jumping and it would lock on me hurted so bad anyway due to my surgery I had in April I have gained all my weight back and some I'm so disappointed in myself and very embarressed to see people that knew I was losing and know see me as a failure how embarresssing so anyway I'm a self pay and will be having gastric sleeve surgery Oct. 29th I'm super excited and just can't believe this is going to happen!!! It feels to good to be true!!! I wanna be happy healthy and be able to live life and love it!!! I have a 12 yr. old daughter and I always feel very tired and lazy to do things with her I do do things I just don't feel comfortable I know in starting to feel like health issues may be creeping up I'm more of a medium build, imma size 16 , today is the 20th. So it's 9 more days to go lol i just can't wait! I'm always here quietly hearing ur stories , happy moments and struggles I decided to post today since my day is almost coming , I've learned so much from u guys I thank you so much everyone is very sweet and nice I hope to make many many friends ?de0a well just thought I'd introduce myself. I go to sleep thinking of how my life wil be after the surgery and wake up thinking about ur , it's constantly on my mind I can't even sleep because I'm so excited lol, I'm a good person and very sweet everyone that knows me says I'm too nice and have a heart of gold lol I believe that and I know I deserve this ?de0a

Im extremely late but how did you surgery go. Im scheduled for the 3rd of December.