Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My pre-op and post-op diet

I've had concerns because my diet seems very different than others. But then I found that the Cornell Weight Loss Surgery Diet is very similar. http://www.cornellwe...gastrectomy.pdf

No pure liquid stages. No three weeks of only clears. I'm not sure if I should be screaming for joy, or feel badly for those who have such hard restrictions, or to question MY Nut?

post-63940-13838396408672_thumb.gif post-63940-13838396410018_thumb.gif

This is not far off from what my dr and nut have me on, so you are not alone.

Mine is similar to this too although we do 3 weeks. I am going through serious caffeine withdrawal though. I guess you never really know how much you consume until you stop! Surgery is on Oct 31st, I still can't believe it.

I am so new to this.. was JUST scheduled my consult with the surgeon.

Can I ask... what does pureed meat mean? Like... baby food?

I am so new to this.. was JUST scheduled my consult with the surgeon.

Can I ask... what does pureed meat mean? Like... baby food?

From what I understand, it's things like canned tuna and canned chicken, pureed in a blender.

Is that good?? Lets say tuna.. dobu add mayo to it or just blend up a can of tuna? ?

I've had concerns because my diet seems very different than others. But then I found that the Cornell Weight Loss Surgery Diet is very similar. http://www.cornellwe...gastrectomy.pdf No pure liquid stages. No three weeks of only clears. I'm not sure if I should be screaming for joy' date=' or feel badly for those who have such hard restrictions, or to question MY Nut? [/quote'] Your postop diet looks similar to mine. After I was discharged from the hospital I was told to start on purées for the first month then transition to regular food, as tolerated. And I did not have any type of PreOp diet.

Edited by Lulu5

I am so new to this.. was JUST scheduled my consult with the surgeon. Can I ask... what does pureed meat mean? Like... baby food?

Yes, like baby food. It has to be the consistency of applesauce.

I think if you are this worried about post op food it might not be a good idea to have surgery yet. If you don't work on your food issues surgery won't help you, my sister had surgery 4 years ago, she wasn't ready and she gained almost every pound back. The first month is going to be hard, there will be struggles but its not going to be about what you eat its going to be about remembering to eat. And the amount you are going to be able to eat is so tiny that planning something tasty will be a waste of time. 1 year post op think about your diet because you will be able to eat almost anything then.

pureed means blended so it it smooth with no chunks or lumps. Your stomach is very sore and swollen the first weeks and a chunk of food could get stuck in the bottom of your stomach. I used a food processor for a few things and a submersible hand blender for Soup (easier to clean).

I think if you are this worried about post op food it might not be a good idea to have surgery yet. If you don't work on your food issues surgery won't help you, my sister had surgery 4 years ago, she wasn't ready and she gained almost every pound back. The first month is going to be hard, there will be struggles but its not going to be about what you eat its going to be about remembering to eat. And the amount you are going to be able to eat is so tiny that planning something tasty will be a waste of time. 1 year post op think about your diet because you will be able to eat almost anything then.

I'm not concerned about what I'm going to be eating pre and post, I was concerned because it was so different than the other pre and post op diets I've seen.

I'm used to things being hard in life! I'm having this surgery so that I can lose weight in order to have a big surgery done to fix my basketball sized hernia that developed after my big surgery two years ago for bladder cancer, where I had my bladder and uterus removed after chemo. Life isn't easy....just keep swimming.

I'm not concerned about what I'm going to be eating pre and post, I was concerned because it was so different than the other pre and post op diets I've seen.

I'm used to things being hard in life! I'm having this surgery so that I can lose weight in order to have a big surgery done to fix my basketball sized hernia that developed after my big surgery two years ago for bladder cancer, where I had my bladder and uterus removed after chemo. Life isn't easy....just keep swimming.

My mom says that the chicken and rice baby food isn't bad for the baby food. She had gastric bypass in 2002 and her post op diet was actually baby food. It was weird to watch a grown woman eat baby food but she said it was doable and that it tasted a lot better then it looked.