Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nj March Chat

thanks for all the advice about which foods to eat....i am not a big carb eater....but tonite I am going by my sisters house which is doen the block which i know i should walk to but with two little ones it is hard and since i am going right after work i will be driving there....i guess we are going to order pizzas it is easy...but i am going to get eggplant or something else in my diet foods....good luck.....Deb

Good Evening...

Mandy - my lunch is kinda like your pinwheels - only not nearly as fancy - and without the pickle. I use Laughing Cow Light and turkey lunch meat. It's about the perfect lunch for me. Your Goat cheese one sounds pretty good... I may have to try that.

Deb - I must confess I may eat pizza tonight, myself. DH wants one - and I am weak. Plus I have been so good all week... *sigh* I should go home and eat the leftover turkey breast in my fridge... Hmmm... cold turkey, or luscious warm spicy pizza? Did I mention that I am weak?!?

Well, I'm off....

I will be driving all day tomorrow and Sunday - but maybe I will check in on Monday. Don't fret too much if I fall off the face of the earth.

If I'm not back by March 12th - send out the Flying Monkeys!

Love you guys!!

Hi gang, Wow I love all the miles you guys are doing and Beanie the WL how exciting for you!

I'm sorry I can't do personals. I'm lucky to be on here though.

Welcome..umm..I forgot your name..I keep thinking loser but I know your a winner. I used to live in River Edge, Hawthorne, Oakland, Mahwah, Hackensack, High Bridge and then I moved to NC. But once a Jersey girl always a Jersey girl. Although I would never move back I LOVE the south.

Well, life here is getting more complicated. I can really use prayers guys. I know I'm getting them and thanks. We took my FIL to the Dr yesterday and he has lost another 9 pounds. He's lost 28 pounds in 3 months. The Dr told DH and I that he thinks he has cancer! HellO!! Today I spoke with him and his blood work looks good except that is PSH, is that the prostrate one, any way the prostrate one, is VERY high. FIL tld me that it usually is high for him. But it is 22. I'm taking him back the the urologist on Thursday and we will see what he says. I'll be going solo there which is going to be hard. DH will be on a trip and the BIL and SIL are far away.

I had a few good cries today. I can't believe how hard this is. MIL is doing better although she really needs full time care. Next Saturday we are moving some stuff to the new apartment near us. Then we have to schedual the bigger move after that.

Cindy the cocker has to have ear surgery some time soon, thats there other dog, and of course I'm having my BR on the 12th.

So as of March 2nd it sure doesn't look like March is going to be any better than January or February was.

I hope to get to church on Sunday cause it has been quite a while since we've been and I know it would be comforting.

I hope that I can let go of my FIL when he moves into his new place. I worry about everything with him.

OK I"m off to bed. Tomorrow our NC group is meeting. I can't wait. Last month we had 25!!

Hi Girlies,

I'm off and running too. Gonna leave this messy and I mean messy house behind.

Dianne hang in there hon :eek:

Luv yahs and talk to you later.

Woweeeeeeeeeeee where is everyone... I know I know !!!!

Answer: OUT ENJOYING LIFE !!! WHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :myscared:

Well kiddies, nothing much is happening here in joisey... sky is blue, sky is gray, sky is blue, sky is gray, snow sun snow sun... wth? LOLOL

We are being slugs today... my house is such a mess but by golly, I'm in no mood to clean.

I watched a show on PBS last night... 'You On A Diet' the new diet book thats out. Pretty cool show. They showed an actual fatty liver EEEEEEEEEEK yes, you can say GROSS. Our poor bodies. Anyway I think I'm going to pick up the book.... ya know for shits & giggles hehehehehe.

Whats shakin in your world?

Morning everyone-

Just stopping in for a few minutes---Rick made it home, no visits from the fence guy while he was gone! We spent the evening with the kids last night, had a nice dinner out. It was the actual day of my grandsons 1st birthday---he was a major grump---being a Mama's boy!!! I think he missed a nap...or 2!!!

Hope everyone is doing ok. I am coming down with the sore throat, stuffed up head crap.....yuck!

Dianne---it makes me happy to know that your FIL, as sick as he is, has you. You saying you hope you can "give him up" is very telling, that he has a DIL who truly loves him. ((((big hug)))) everyone should be so lucky to have someone in their life care about them that way. To keep that attitude through all you have been going through is really inspirational.

Mandy---feeling any better? You being away all day worries, me---hope you are still home improving, and not in the hospital. GET WELL!!! Glad you got your card---sorry the get well message STILL works!

Darcy---how goes it with your FIL. I agree that y'all have a heck of a road in front of you. Anytime you need to vent---I'm here.

Well I am off to brew some tea---my throat needs it. Talk to y'all soon!

Kat

I am here, just not really here. I have been on so many meds, that I have been sleeping on and off for a few days. That's not like me at all. I have also spent some time looking at home improvement options. I got my tax refund and I am replacing 2 windows and doing some yard work in the back yard sometime next month. I had a little left over so I got myself an over the range microwave and I am going to the outlet store to look for a new fridge. my corrent fridge is 17 years old and doesn't match my other applances. I have all black in the kitchen except the almond fridge. When we moved in here the dishwasher was black, the fridge was almond and the stove was white. My sister bought a new house the same time as I did and she had all stainless stuff in the new house so I got her less than a year old stove from her old house. (the buyer is going to flip the house so they didn't want anything in it). The microwave/rangehood that I bought yesterday is black so all I have left to replace is the fridge. I am undecided on a side by side or a regular upright fridge. Any suggestions. I can't have Water or ice in the door (our water isn't drinkable, I use a water dispenser for that stuff) so I am looking for basic, self defrosting and a good produce/meat drawer. I have never had a side by side before, anyone have any input? Ok I am off, for a nap, I managed to vaccum today and I have a load of towels in washing. The dogs both got baths last night. I am starting to feel like myself again. It's only taken 2 rounds of antibiotics and starting a 3rd round. I'll try to catch up later. ~Mandy

Hello Y'all!

What a week, my monitor went out on my computer and I was without it all week! I had withdrawals bad! I was going to go buy a new one and my DB said don't because he had a bunch of them and I could just have one, but I couldn't get over there untill today. So, now I am back in business.

I just finished reading all the old posts and I am sorry I wasn't here to let y'all know my thoughts were with you. So much has happened to everyone!

Darcy - My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hopefull DFIL will come around and heal up fast.

Dianne - Sorry you are going though so much too! Gosh, you have really had your share of things lately.

Kat - Gosh, that guy sounds scary! Just beware of your surroundings when you go shopping etc. More than anything, he sounds like he can't control his temper and shut his mouth, but so many people just lose it and can't control themselves anymore. Just be very careful!

Eileen - good luck on the new job! I can't wait to hear the details! It would be great if you came down Texas way!

Beanie - Have fun in Tucson! We used to go there every year, but since DFIL passed we haven't been back. My DH still has family there though. Maybe someday we can take a trip out there. I love the mountains out there.

We always went down to Mexico while we were there shopping too.

Mandy - Gosh, I hope you start feeling better soon!

Cindy - 52! You are amazing lady!

Deb - Welcome! Nice to meet you!

Well, I am going to get off here and get my work done, I was gone too long and now I am way behind. I might get to check later!

It's darn good to be back though! I really missed you guys!

I'm here peeking in...just got home from running around a bit. I have chicken in the crock pot to make a chicken ala king type thing for dinner for everyone. My usual Sunday meal for the family, bil, sil, nephew and mother. Gotta go get something in for dessert.

Hope you're all having a good weekend! Weather wise it's the same here Eileen....sunny, cloudy, blue, gray...DH said possible snow later UGH.

Awww you guys----I will save up some of the wonderful sunshine we have going on today for you. Actually we are supposed to be sunny and in the 50's & 60's all week. I LOVE it. I intend to walk outside EVERYDAY!!! Won't have my granddaughter much this week (I hate that) so will have to work on motivation. I can usually be easily persuaded to walk to the park! Maybe I will clean out some flower beds.

Betty I am so glad to see you back---I knew something was up when you didn't do a morning check in. Glad all is well. I need to buy a new computer, but am dreading it soooo. I am not very comuter savvy, and I do not want to chance losing the things I have on here---my pics etc. I have the pics all onto disc just in case. I need a new computer jock.....my DD divorced the last one!!! Which was an EXCELLENT thing, not complaining, she deserved much much better, and now has someone much better in her life.

Ok, I am off again. I am cruising the site, cleaning the house, reading a book....vegging out---in spurts today!!!

Talk to you all in awhile!

Kat

Kat, check out www.tigerdirect.com they are a great discount computer place. I bought my laptop there and my mom got her PC there. We both got really good deals. If you call and tell them what you are going to use the puter for they can make some suggestions for you. ~Mandy

Kat...my DH is a computer geek lol. If you wanna call him and tell him what you use your computer for he can point ya in the best direction. We too have bought computers and computer parts from Tiger Direct. My DH likes them alot. I'll PM my phone number to ya so you can call ifyou'd like. Anytime...he doesn't mind helpin.

Thanks my friends!!! I will be calling Sherry's DH when we get ready to make the big buy---and will for sure try the site. I had never heard of it---this is so cool!!! I got a new monitor last year for my birthday---a big LCD, that takes up so much less room on my desk! So I don't need that!

I will keep you all posted. But keep in mind mine is like Betty's situation, if suddenly I disappear.....it is likely the 'puter! I sent Sherry my # too just in case. She is free to give it to any of you guys!

(((big hugs))) for all the help!!!

Kat