Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 week update (cosm. surg)

I am proud to say that I was able to put a sports bra on, a size small shirt (just testing to see if I would need a totally new size wardrobe) and my jeans on for the first time (although they are my larger ones adn I cant button them fully because of tummy swelling). Went to the corner store to get out of the house (literally 5 min drive), walked around and bought a few essentials and returned home. I almost felt human again lol.

Recap on healing:

Breasts- Funnily enough, my breast lift and implants are the least of my worries. There is a stiffness from the implants stretching the muscles but the most significant thing I am focusing on is how unusual they look. I got 550cc impants which are pretty huge (lol). They are very high on my pecs and will take months to settle in and look normal. But after putting my shirt on today, at least I didn't feel/look dysmorphic the way I was preparing for. I'm eager to see what everything looks like in 1 & 2 months but so far so good.

Tummy Tuck/Lipo- ok so this reminds me of my previous 3 c-sections. Same kind of pain/restriction. The doc does complimentary Lipo on the flanks but told me he really didn't need to do much. This area (lipo area) hurts the most and is the most bruised. So when standing or laying down, I feel pain here before anywhere else. But I've been up and walking since day 1 and it's getting less and less painful each day.

Arm Lift- I can't say it enough. I am already 100% pleased w/ my arm lift. Although it is tight, I really can't appreciate the swelling. My arms looks exactly the way I want them as an end result. Disregard the scars which are wrapped in tegarderm and have blood from day 1 so I have no clue what they look like yet). I feel the most pain right at the elbow and the armpit where the incision starts and ends when I try to gently push up when standing up. Other than that I'm not aware of the arms.

HooHaa- Ok had to add this. I asked the doc if it was possible to lift the pubis area and he said he would. I just want to say I love my new hooha. Enough said ahha

From day one I took pain meds on schedule, but am now taking it no more than twice a day, but always once before going to bed for a better nights rest. I also take colace and a muscle relaxant. I do have nausea meds but only took it once the day after surgery. I no longer feel nauseous. I take the mus. relaxant to just help the pecs relax so the implants can fall into place. I don't actually feel muscle tension and/or spasms. I am surprised how mobile I am. I am nto in as much pain as I thought I would be having so much surgery done in one procedure. I thougth w/ the arm lift I would not be able to use my arms to assist, but that's not the case. Naturally I limit their use, but I can still do small things on my own.

I get lots of rest, but make sure to walk periodically. I am walking straighter each day. Naturallly I check up on my LBT friends and want to share the process with those considering cosm. surgery.

Although I will post pics, it will be awhile. Day 1 pics will not inspire anyone to get CS. So I will wait a month and share ALL my progress pics as to not scare anyone away lol.

Hope everyone is well :)

Wow...what a story...you are a trooper...sounds like you are doing fabulous. Im only banded 3 weeks so im a ways away from any CS...cant wait to see pics of how great you look.

Feel good and hang in there! :rolleyes:

Ditto what CD said!

I'm going to start saving up some time and $$ (well I will after a couple of much needed vacations this year)...so that if and when I need CS I can do what needs doing and then rest and recuperate somewhere lovely and not think of kids or work!

Congratulations! Glad to hear you are doing well.

Did you get all these operations at the same time ???

Thanks for sharing hope to be where u are in 3 tears that's my goal :)