Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Plication Today

Little nervous anyone out there that can tell me what to expect when I get there.....going to Angeles in Mexico how long the operation is and what goes on before it .....was hoping to feel good on Sunday to drive around San Diego

Everyone seems to be different but I didn't feel like doing much about a week after my surgery. I was tired and couldn't eat anything and was just uncomfortable. Other folks have said they were only down for about 2 or 3 days so I just think it is different for everyone. Good Luck to you! I hope it goes well!

Little nervous anyone out there that can tell me what to expect when I get there.....going to Angeles in Mexico how long the operation is and what goes on before it .....was hoping to feel good on Sunday to drive around San Diego

How did it go? Who was your dr? I'm having the same done dec3!

All went good I had dr corvalas I must say I am glad it's over I was very anxious in Mexico there was a language barrier but got through it . the hospital was extremely clean which was great to see the doctor came to see me before and after I was a little nervous because I was leaving on a Sunday but he did come in and reassured me all was fine. The nutritionist was very nice her name was Carmen and easy to communicate with I thought she was never going to visit but came in the last hour I was there and glad she did she was happy to explain everything to me. I got there on a Friday at 1 and was in surgury by 4 if it was not that fast I think I would have been freaking out a lot of papers to sign. After surgury I was back in my room I was very uncomfortable and scared every time I shut my eyes I woke in a panic thinking what did I just do I think most of it came from being in Mexico not at a hospital at home and was thinking what do I do if something goes wrong. I left on Sunday at 5 I was so nervous about the 5 1/2 hr plane ride being uncomfortable and also was experiencing diarrhea and they told me to get over border could take 3 hrs. Well it took 3/12 to get across and I was so happy to have another couple with us to talk to also I was told by my corodinator that I only need a license but you also need a both certificate so it was a little scary but thank god mt diarrhea had subsided and I just made my 10 pm flight finally got home at 6 am Monday and had major anxiety I thought my hand had a infection from the Iv I call the hospital and was glad they called me back and it ended up being just swelling. I have been I touch with the nutrishonist by email back and forth which is also a good feeling. I'm feeling better everyday getting used to this new life and looking forward to it. I made the choice not to tell anyone but my husband because I did not want to here all the negativity about Mexico from people that did not resurch it as much as me which made it hard but It is getting easier now that I have been home for a week. I am emailing the doctor today he told me he would give me a name of a doctor in Boston to follow up with (I had asked several times while I was there just for piece of mind) I'm hoping he gives me one. In the end it was the scariest weekend of my life.....but it is going to lead to the best rest of my life.

How do you feel? I've done all the reaearch I can think of... Maybe too much lol( checked out the sleeve forum- big no no!) I've got my drs in place here, already stalked up for the postop diet, talked to the surgeon and other people that have had it done. I am only telling my husband and mom too... Hopefully I feel we'll enough when I get

Back that no one will notice. The only thing I am unsure of is travel insurance? Like what if something goes wrong and I am in there for longer? Am I gonna get a bi bill in the mail or can one get insurance?

Congrats btw, I am excited and anxious!

Hi bos123

Thank you for asking I feel better than I ever did I am Down 11lbs and just walked 2 miles. Just started my creamy stage and its going good. how did you go about getting a doctor set up for home I would like to have one just for a follow up or piece of mind? I don't know about insurance but ask your corodinator she should be able to help.

Hi bos123

Thank you for asking I feel better than I ever did I am Down 11lbs and just walked 2 miles. Just started my creamy stage and its going good. how did you go about getting a doctor set up for home I would like to have one just for a follow up or piece of mind? I don't know about insurance but ask your corodinator she should be able to help.

Well my md is behind me and very supportive. When I was going to have the lb done i arranged to be taken on by a dr 2 hrs away ( I live in a small town) who did fills and would follow up with me. Not so much now that I'm having the plication done. Nobody really knows anything about it here lol. And any dr that perform their own wls here ( starting at the hefty price of 12000) aren't really interested in following my procedure. However by law my provincial health care has to

Pay for any medical procedure I need after so I guess if something goes wrong they have to deal with me lol. I guess I'm hoping that everything goes well and I won't need any after care, hence the decision to go with plication instea of lb. are you happy with your decision? How are you feeling? Run into any obsticals yet?

I feel great just tired still not the same energy level yet....but stared protine and Vitamins today so hoping for energy weird by my arms and legs get tired really fast. Also so happy I had it done I know I was scared but made the right desion the lb was not for me too many problems and also with the sleeve. I also know I made the right desion to not tell anyone but my husband almost told my kids when I came home but soo Glad i didn't I don't want them to worry and they just think I'm on yet another new diet lol I think too many people would have to much to say cuz of Mexico but no one knows all the time and resurch I did...even I think if I heard this from someone before I knew what Iearned I would think they were crazy anything I can help you with let me know btw my husband lost 7 lbs and is motivated by me:)

I know davell. I just know I will be judged, and I'm sick of being judged! I even judged myself, thinking I'm not "big enough" to have wls. on the flip side I've been overweight my whole life and have tried very thing under the sun to be successful and have failed. so I know... That especially with some

Of my closer family, they will judge me and think... Oh your getting wls? If you just diet and excersize like the rest of us have to... Blah blah blah. Of course they think wls is magic and suddenly we don't have to work at it. Anyway there's my rant, I am glad to hear that people think you are Just trying another diet. That's is my hope too:) so to be thin do you count calories? Does Protein powder add many calories? Guess ill have to check it out... Also I've never heard I Biotin. Is this another Vitamin?

Everyone seems to be different but I didn't feel like doing much about a week after my surgery. I was tired and couldn't eat anything and was just uncomfortable. Other folks have said they were only down for about 2 or 3 days so I just think it is different for everyone. Good Luck to you! I hope it goes well!