Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Week Out Gastric Sleeve Plication Surgery

You are doing FANTASTIC!!!

I am 2 weeks out tomorrow and very excited to HOPEFULLY be eating soft food! I feel great though! I cheated and had a couple bites of Mac & cheese tonight (bad, bad, bad) My stomach didn't feel bad at all though! I feel like I could eat real food and not have a problem. I won't, but I feel I could! I have another stomach scan tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how my stomach is, but drinking the chalky, nasty, milky stuff is not fun!!! I am hoping I've lost a bunch of weight. I am a little worried about it because my crappy house scale has kept me at the same weight for about 5 days! I'm hoping the Dr's scale is a little more friendly!!! I have hardly been eating and I know I'm not getting more than 600 calories a day. I am at the point that I'd rather not eat, than eat Soup and Protein shakes!

I would love to keep this pace up, but I know it will slow. That is OK, I will enjoy it while I can.

I had some sirloin steak last night (less than an ounce) and I chewed it really well, but for some reason it hit my stomach like a brick. I had ribeye with no issue, so who knows. On the upside, I did not eat anything the rest of the night because of the "full" feeling. I am trying to work more lean meat and cheese into my meals. Maybe a lunchabe without the crackers?

You are doing FANTASTIC!!!

I am 2 weeks out tomorrow and very excited to HOPEFULLY be eating soft food! I feel great though! I cheated and had a couple bites of Mac & cheese tonight (bad, bad, bad) My stomach didn't feel bad at all though! I feel like I could eat real food and not have a problem. I won't, but I feel I could! I have another stomach scan tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how my stomach is, but drinking the chalky, nasty, milky stuff is not fun!!! I am hoping I've lost a bunch of weight. I am a little worried about it because my crappy house scale has kept me at the same weight for about 5 days! I'm hoping the Dr's scale is a little more friendly!!! I have hardly been eating and I know I'm not getting more than 600 calories a day. I am at the point that I'd rather not eat, than eat Soup and Protein shakes!

Hang in there...this is normal. I think we all went through this between 2 and 3 weeks out. Take it from a very inpatient person, it will start moving again. :)

I had some sirloin steak last night (less than an ounce) and I chewed it really well, but for some reason it hit my stomach like a brick. I had ribeye with no issue, so who knows. On the upside, I did not eat anything the rest of the night because of the "full" feeling. I am trying to work more lean meat and cheese into my meals. Maybe a lunchabe without the crackers?

I am just now (5 months) at the point where I can eat steak. I have been eating ground sirloin from the beginning of my real food journey, but the doc told me that steak is very hard to digest so I have stayed away from it. Maybe the sirloin was less tender than the ribeye? Even now I will occasionally have something that my stomach doesn't like. When I do that I wait a couple of weeks and try again, and it's usually ok the second time around. My doc told me I wouldn't be fully healed until after 6 months out, and I would run into issues like this from time to time. (of course with the gallbladder issues I took several steps back with my diet, as I wasn't able to digest much between August and late Sept...I'm pretty much back to where I was before though now.)

I am so glad I was not on that board back then. People are just mean. people can post anything they like on the Internet and most tend to go overboard because no one really knows who they are. Ridiculous argument between two people who love to call other people names. Takes one to know one

I'm surprised he's doing plications given what he wrote here http://www.verticals...871#entry125871

This is one of those "Don't believe everything you "hear" or "read" on the Internet. Rumors are just that. All it takes is one hater and off they go

I had heard that he says that patients that go to other countries for their surgeries need to be punished. I heard that he charges like 5 times the amount for fills for patients who had their band or banded/plication done in another country, in order to 'punish' them. Not sure if that's true (as I don't have a band and have never even talked to his office) but some people on another board were talking about it.

LOL you read the whole way through that thread then. Michelle's not posted on VST since then.

I am so glad I was not on that board back then. People are just mean. people can post anything they like on the Internet and most tend to go overboard because no one really knows who they are. Ridiculous argument between two people who love to call other people names. Takes one to know one

This is one of those "Don't believe everything you "hear" or "read" on the Internet. Rumors are just that. All it takes is one hater and off they go

Not a hater, just saying what I have seen in several places..didn't say it was gospel truth. Some of the people on other boards who go to doctors in America act as if those of us who went to Mexico or Europe went to the scourge of the Earth doctors, and that seems to be ok to say. As someone who has lived all around the world, in several different countries, I know that there is bad health care all over the world, including America. Dr. Watkins has some really positive points, mainly that he was willing to talk to people on a message board and give assistance and the fact that he is local for some people. That being said, personally I would go to Mexico all over again if given the choice between him or a doctor in Mexico. That is just my personal opinion, just as there are certain doctors where I live that I would not go to for general care. It's a matter of personal perception and preference. I know there are a couple of people on this board that used Dr. Watkins and and are very happy with their surgeries and I think that's great. As far as I know I am the only one (willing to admit at least, lol) on this board that went to dr. verboonen, so sometimes I feel like he is seen as 'one of those docs'. I researched a lot, made my decision and don't get my panties in a wad over what others might think of my choice of docs.

Read back through my 200+ posts before you slam me over one post. :rolleyes: I'm guessing you had your surgery with Watkins, or are thinking about it. Make an educated decision and don't worry what others on a message board think about your decision...if you do worry you will have to quit your job and spend all your time on the Internet defending it, because someone, somewhere, will ALWAYS see it different than you do. Best of luck with everything!

LOL you read the whole way through that thread then. Michelle's not posted on VST since then.

Am I wrong, or wasn't Michelle trying to drum up business for one certain doctor? I didn't read all of the posts, but I remember something of that nature being said.

I think somewhere in that thread someone said Michelle was WASabubblebutt and she, I believe, works for Dr Aceves. She's obviously very passionate about what she believes, which I understand, but I think a softer approach often gets listened to better.

Am I wrong, or wasn't Michelle trying to drum up business for one certain doctor? I didn't read all of the posts, but I remember something of that nature being said.

I was not slamming you, I was just speaking in general. I don't have a problem with anyone going out of the country for surgery at all. I am a "each to his own" kind of person.

I was speaking more about the way rumors get started on the Internet. Sorry if you thought it was meant for you. As someone that has been a victim of incorrect internet rumors on boards, I know very well all it takes is for someone to say something like it was true then others run with it.

Dr. Watkins did my surgery last year. Doctors are just like other humans, they have their beliefs and opinions (which in my opinion) should be kept out of the equation when discussing other doctors.

Having spent some time with him and his staff I find it hard to believe the stuff you were posting. I much prefer facts and always want them to be backed-up, that is just how I am.

Again I apologize if you took it as a personal slam.

Not a hater, just saying what I have seen in several places..didn't say it was gospel truth. Some of the people on other boards who go to doctors in America act as if those of us who went to Mexico or Europe went to the scourge of the Earth doctors, and that seems to be ok to say. As someone who has lived all around the world, in several different countries, I know that there is bad health care all over the world, including America. Dr. Watkins has some really positive points, mainly that he was willing to talk to people on a message board and give assistance and the fact that he is local for some people. That being said, personally I would go to Mexico all over again if given the choice between him or a doctor in Mexico. That is just my personal opinion, just as there are certain doctors where I live that I would not go to for general care. It's a matter of personal perception and preference. I know there are a couple of people on this board that used Dr. Watkins and and are very happy with their surgeries and I think that's great. As far as I know I am the only one (willing to admit at least, lol) on this board that went to Dr. verboonen, so sometimes I feel like he is seen as 'one of those docs'. I researched a lot, made my decision and don't get my panties in a wad over what others might think of my choice of docs.

Read back through my 200+ posts before you slam me over one post. :rolleyes: I'm guessing you had your surgery with Watkins, or are thinking about it. Make an educated decision and don't worry what others on a message board think about your decision...if you do worry you will have to quit your job and spend all your time on the Internet defending it, because someone, somewhere, will ALWAYS see it different than you do. Best of luck with everything!

You are right it does. I tend to tune people out when they use words to describe doctors they don't like as bottom feeders. At that point I quit listening.

I think somewhere in that thread someone said Michelle was WASabubblebutt and she, I believe, works for Dr Aceves. She's obviously very passionate about what she believes, which I understand, but I think a softer approach often gets listened to better.

And I apologize if you felt like I was slamming your choice. I actually was very impressed with the fact that he was on the message board answering questions.

Back in the original days of me considering wls, I was thinking about the band and wondering how I would get it filled back here in the US. I was researching prices and that was where I came across posts of people listing docs that would/wouldn't fill bands if you had it done in the US and how much it cost. Several people mentioned being quoted a large amount for a fill with Dr. Watkins, and others said 'no, he doesn't charge that much'. The discussion ensued and it turned out that the ones being quoted a larger amount all said that they had told him that they had it done in Mexico. I'm sure if you searched you could find several threads about the issue, it wasn't something I made up, just something I read and thought was odd. I personally can't say if it's true or not, as I got scared away from the band due to other posts I was reading and therefore had no need to pursue the issue. I had not even thought of it again until I saw the discussion about him on here. I was really curious as to whether it was truth or fiction to be honest. I saw so much garbage on some of the doctor owned message boards, and I had narrowed my surgery choices down, that I stopped going to any board except this one and VST.

I'm glad you like him and his staff. We all have different needs and opinions and I hope everyone can find the doctor that fits them!