Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 Week Out Gastric Sleeve Plication Surgery

Maybe it how the liquid rolls inside your stomach?

I hated the liquids

I do enjoy the soft foods. I am not really ever hungry, just more of a hollow feeling.

I have 100 lbs to lose, so that mean 80 more! I would to lose 125, but since i have never been that thin in my life, lofty goal

I'm am craving foods, but I think once I can eat soft foods the cravings will get better! My cravings are things like scrambled eggs and toast.... I know.... Weird! My goal is to lose 100 lbs too! Granted 125 would be my ideal weight of 145lbs. I started gaining in my early 20's, but I know I will never get back down to that weight of 125lbs. If I do, it will just be amazing, but I'm not banking on it :). Do you have cravings? I have that empty feeling as well, rather than being hungry. Granted that might by my hungry feeling!

Have you had any second thoughts about the surgery? I'm not really having second thoughts, but I am having some funny feelings about knowing that I'm not going to being able to eat the same foods! I don't know if it's a scared thing, or that my addiction to food was different that I thought it was. I also wonder if it is because I did the surgery very fast after I even started considering weight loss surgery. I started thinking about weight loss surgery in mid July and had my surgery Oct 4th. I feel like it all happened so fast and know I am post op thinking..... What the heck just happened? I am happy that I'm on the mend and have my future and future trips to look forward to, but it's also a little scary!

Maybe it how the liquid rolls inside your stomach?

I hated the liquids

I do enjoy the soft foods. I am not really ever hungry, just more of a hollow feeling.

I have 100 lbs to lose, so that mean 80 more! I would to lose 125, but since i have never been that thin in my life, lofty goal

You know it was funny, I did mine relatively fast, maybe 60 days tops. I feel pretty good about the choice I made for the GST. I LOVE food. I do, but now I will love it in small quantities. I will miss the booze. I did enjoy having a cocktail to relax. I know that I might be able to drink again, but the smell of it still makes me sick. Talk about aversion therapy! Giving up soda has not been any hardship. I am suprised at how little I eat, just a few bites and that is all. My soft food include mini raviolis from the can (I can eat 3 and that fills me up) cottage cheese, yogurt, Protein Shakes (blah), Soup, and I had a bit or cheesy rice the other day. So far no issues, or heartburn. I am taking my Vitamins (liquid) each day, making sure I get all my nutrients.

I am so glad to hear how well you're doing!!! I keep telling myself that once I can eat food, I won't be hungry so therefor I won't crave food! I have never been a big drinker (glass of wine with friends or a cocktail), so giving up alcohol is no sweat! I've also not been a big soda drinker. I have always been a Water or milk drinker. If I'm thinking of the same mini ravioli's.... Those things are tiny!!! You can only eat 3? -----------| <------ Aren't they only about that size each? That doesn't seem like enough to sustain the human body. I

| |

| |

| |

--------------

think I can eat more than that now! At one sitting I can eat about 3oz of Soup. That's over about a 30 min time frame though!

You know it was funny, I did mine relatively fast, maybe 60 days tops. I feel pretty good about the choice I made for the GST. I LOVE food. I do, but now I will love it in small quantities. I will miss the booze. I did enjoy having a cocktail to relax. I know that I might be able to drink again, but the smell of it still makes me sick. Talk about aversion therapy! Giving up soda has not been any hardship. I am suprised at how little I eat, just a few bites and that is all. My soft food include mini raviolis from the can (I can eat 3 and that fills me up) cottage cheese, yogurt, Protein shakes (blah), soup, and I had a bit or cheesy rice the other day. So far no issues, or heartburn. I am taking my Vitamins (liquid) each day, making sure I get all my nutrients.

It is so weird reading both your replies because It is exactly what I am going through right now. I am 12 days out. I ate some grilled tilapia tonight. It was awesome. I am supposed to be on purreed in two days but I wanted food so bad!. I dont feel hungry either. I just want to chew!

Sometimes I have to decide food or fluids. I really try to get my Protein in because I really dont want to lose my hair. I take Gummy Vitamins.

I get uncomfortable if I eat too fast or over 2 oz at a time. That means I eat small meals throughout the day. I eat cottage cheese, carbmaster yogurt. EAS Protein shakes or Atkin shakes. sugar free oatmeal thinned with skim milk.

Three and a half weeks ago I was drinking one 2 Liter of Diet Mt Dew a day. Now I just drink Vitamin Water, crystal light or Water. No caffeine!

I have had some second thoughts but too late now:) I did feel a little anger at myself for spending the money but again. I can see and feel the difference so very worth it!

I am back at the gym. Today was my second day. I have lost 17lbs including preop. I am going to make sure I am successful!

Good luck to both of you too. I am so glad you posted!

It is sooo nice knowing that others are going through the same things!!! I think I am going to seriously shed some tears at my 1 week appt tomorrow if the Dr says I have to stay on liquids another week!!! It is torture feeding my son everyday! So what is your diet plan? You said you will be on purred, but is that just for a short time? I was told my next step was soft.... anything you can smash with a fork..... At this point.... I could smash anything with a fork to have some food!!! My husband tortures me unintentionally with food. Tonight he was kidding that he got me Tofu Teriyaki from our favorite place. I swear I could have wrung his neck through the phone!!! He did bring me home Miso Soup, but it's NOT the same!!!

So glad this site exists!!! It is hard to have my friends & family understand what I'm going through! They are sooo supportive, but they just don't understand!

PS.... My prev post, I had made a square the size of a ravioli, but when I posted it.... I don't know what happened :(.

It is so weird reading both your replies because It is exactly what I am going through right now. I am 12 days out. I ate some grilled tilapia tonight. It was awesome. I am supposed to be on purreed in two days but I wanted food so bad!. I dont feel hungry either. I just want to chew!

Sometimes I have to decide food or fluids. I really try to get my Protein in because I really dont want to lose my hair. I take Gummy Vitamins.

I get uncomfortable if I eat too fast or over 2 oz at a time. That means I eat small meals throughout the day. I eat cottage cheese, carbmaster yogurt. EAS Protein shakes or Atkin shakes. sugar free oatmeal thinned with skim milk.

Three and a half weeks ago I was drinking one 2 Liter of Diet Mt Dew a day. Now I just drink Vitamin Water, crystal light or Water. No caffeine!

I have had some second thoughts but too late now:) I did feel a little anger at myself for spending the money but again. I can see and feel the difference so very worth it!

I am back at the gym. Today was my second day. I have lost 17lbs including preop. I am going to make sure I am successful!

Good luck to both of you too. I am so glad you posted!

I really hate working out, exercising in general. I do try to walk M-F on my lunch half hour. That is pretty much all I do. There is a part of me that says "do more!" but then I remember weight management is 80% food intake 20% exercise. I will work on the 20% :)

A side note here: So after I got home I got those large bandages (1"X2") to replace the ones from the hospital. Bad idea! So a few days of those, the sticky parts ate into my skin so now I have square scabs all over my belly.

That's awful about the bandages! I just have steri strips. The dr said to leave them on for 2 weeks unless they fall off on their own. So far they're not falling off!

Lauraleigh9mm & Forensicmary - where did you have your surgeries?

I really hate working out, exercising in general. I do try to walk M-F on my lunch half hour. That is pretty much all I do. There is a part of me that says "do more!" but then I remember weight management is 80% food intake 20% exercise. I will work on the 20% :)

A side note here: So after I got home I got those large bandages (1"X2") to replace the ones from the hospital. Bad idea! So a few days of those, the sticky parts ate into my skin so now I have square scabs all over my belly.

That is soooo ridiculous!!! My Insurance had a weight loss surgery clause, so there was NO way they would pay for any of it! What did you end up paying for yours? I paid 13K for the surgery, plus and additional $1188 for 18 month insurance (incase anything goes wrong). My husband wouldn't allow me to go to Mexico for the surgery. He just didn't feel comfortable about leaving the country. I had my Surgery in Everett, WA (Just 20min north of Seattle). I am actually in a trial study for the surgery for the next 3 years. Basically just means, I am a guinea pig that has to fill out extra paperwork every time I go in :). I think I was their 8th Plication!

How was your experience in Mexico?

I had mine done in TJ Mexico. Insurance would not cover me as they said I was not heavy enough for a healthy person.

I remember the gas pain when burping - it was awful. It will go in the next week or two. Everything's really swollen and sore right now, but the pain will go rest assured! cool.gif

I'll be a week out tomorrow and the scale says I am down 17 lbs, but I don't feel it or see it. Does anyone else have pain after they burp? Is this normal? I would think that letting out gas bubbles would cause relief, but I get a tightening pain about 2 seconds after I burp ;(. It only lasts a few seconds, but it's rather annoying!

That is soooo ridiculous!!! My Insurance had a weight loss surgery clause, so there was NO way they would pay for any of it! What did you end up paying for yours? I paid 13K for the surgery, plus and additional $1188 for 18 month insurance (incase anything goes wrong). My husband wouldn't allow me to go to Mexico for the surgery. He just didn't feel comfortable about leaving the country. I had my Surgery in Everett, WA (Just 20min north of Seattle). I am actually in a trial study for the surgery for the next 3 years. Basically just means, I am a guinea pig that has to fill out extra paperwork every time I go in :). I think I was their 8th Plication!

How was your experience in Mexico?

I paid 9,900 with Dr. Brad Watkins in Cincinnati Ohio. I was his 50 patient for plication of course he does many other WLS. I have two years of f/u and a "free" barium if I need it.

I had my 1 week check up today and the surgeon said I have to be on liquids for another week! How long did you have to be on liquids? It seems to me that most people are only on liquids for 1 week, then go to soft foods. I was so sad when she told me it would be another week! I am soooo sick of soup!!! Does anyone have any other creative and filling things they drank? Unfortunately I am also a vegetarian, so it does limit me a little more. I have been living on Tomato, butternut squash, potato leak, S/F choc pudding, & veggie Jello (yes, there is such a thing!)

I paid 9,900 with Dr. Brad Watkins in Cincinnati Ohio. I was his 50 patient for plication of course he does many other WLS. I have two years of f/u and a "free" barium if I need it.

I was on Clear Liquids for one week and then full liquids for a second week (ie anything you can drink through a straw). So Soup and milk were on the menu in week 2. I got to go on mushies at week 3.

I had my 1 week check up today and the surgeon said I have to be on liquids for another week! How long did you have to be on liquids? It seems to me that most people are only on liquids for 1 week, then go to soft foods. I was so sad when she told me it would be another week! I am soooo sick of soup!!! Does anyone have any other creative and filling things they drank? Unfortunately I am also a vegetarian, so it does limit me a little more. I have been living on Tomato, butternut squash, potato leak, S/F choc pudding, & veggie Jello (yes, there is such a thing!)