Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bandster support for us Heathens/Pagans

What is your spiritual Path?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What is your spiritual Path?

• Wicca
    • Kitchen Witch
    • Buddism
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist
    • Native American
    • Druid
    • Kabala
    • Hinduism
    • taoism
    • Hereditary
    • Gardenarians
    • Other: There are TONS more.. but can't think of the names

Good a.m.wb_sun.gif

Feeling slightly better today. This a.m. instead of flailing wildly for 10 minutes trying to get out of bed it only took me 9 minutes of flailing wildly. I'm starting to suspect some of my innards were stolen during surgery and sold on the black market.

My ci_cat.giffurkids ci_cat.gifseem to think that the big a$$ pillow I keep on my tummy is JUST for their entertainment and like to take a running leap from the ground and land... RIGHT SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE... which of course results in my jerking up and screaming bloody murder, spazzing the cats out which causes them to AGAIN run across said pillow that I'm using for 'protection'. hmmmm I may have just figured out the whole pack of wild drunkcj_monkey.gif monkey cj_monkey.giffeeling from yesterday.....

My tummy is still swollen larger than a baboons a$$ in heat but not as pretty. I know it's only friday, but I'm like.. how on EARTH am I going to drive my truck to work on Monday. I may end up bartering with DHubbyxa_heart.gif to take me. I can't wait to get to work to show off my new Cave man posture and walk.

I also have this weird numb but itchy feeling on the surface of my tummy. Itching is a good sign I reckon but it's very surreal to be running my finger over the surface of my tummy and not really be able to feel it.

I am VERY happy to report that my auntie flow has packed her bags and left the buildingxl_thumbsup.gif. I asked Dr. Morton if he could just to ahead and remove my uterus while he was in there and he just looked at me like I was a goof ball. aj_confused.gif Oh well.. never no unless you ask.

OK.. having major gas painan_angry.gif.. must go kick something.

later

T

Thanks for all the book suggestions- didnot realize there was an idiots giude to paganism but I guess as long as there are idiots, there will be idiots guides! Here in the northland in the wilds of Minneapolis, we are pretty much shut down and I have a snow day from work so will have time to research the suggestions given, and after I dig out the driveway (DH had to work) maybe I will get the 4 wheel drive out and try half price books.

I was raised Jewish but always felt that something was missing. Since I am learning to listen to my body now I guess I should start listening to the rest of me also! When something is right, it feels like it fits - I am still looking.

I agree with reading everything you can find. Both Borders and Barnes & noble have good alternative religions sections.

Synicalchick I'm glad to hear today is a little better for you. Looking forward to hearing your experience since it seems like 3/21 will be here before I know it!

I just ate a small prune yogurt (sounds gross but is actually quite DEEELISHag_tongue.gif) and a small sf pudding. I went to Target and bought these cute little plastic toddler spoons and forks plus some classic pooh plates and bowls and though I haven't been able to use the bowls and plates yet, the small spoons have been great. I feel at this point I am actualy taking a turn for the better. Basically I'm just sore, gasey, itchy and restless. Great combo huh?

OHah_shock.gif

Mahah_shock.gif

GAHah_shock.gif

If you would have told me that a soft boiled egg smashed up w/ a small pat of magerine would make me moan and roll my eyes up in my head I would have LAUGHED MY A$$ off at you.

Well, I just ate one and that's what happened. DEEEEEEEEElish

Hello to everyone. I am one of those atheists; I am an atheist with liberal values who lives in Toronto, Canada.

This is a real nice, cosy, mellow thread - quite different from the usual Rant & Raves threads that I tend to frequent.:rolleyes

Synicalchick, I have been enjoying following your banding stories.:) I could really relate to the stuff about the kitties. I have a cat that likes to sit on my port site, too. :phanvan This was a big concern when I was newly banded.:)

If you would have told me that a soft boiled egg smashed up w/ a small pat of magerine would make me moan and roll my eyes up in my head I would have LAUGHED MY A$$ off at you.

Well, I just ate one and that's what happened. DEEEEEEEEElish

The first time I could have thick liquids (as opposed to sugar free thin liquids like broth and jello) I had some strained cream of chicken Soup. And just about had... one... if you know what I mean. I remember thinking, "Now I know what the man in the desert who finds a bottle of Water feels like".

Holy crap! I could have written that! Actually, I HAVE written that time and time again.

Soooo nice to meet another atheist!

i love your user name! bubblebutt! that makes me smile! :)

i'm so jealous of people who can have mushies!!!!! i'm on day 7thousand and 9 of liquids. :faint: i love my Soups and am not hungry, which blows my mind! but i still miss EATING. i see people posting about their mushies and they were banded after me! it's turning me green with envy. LOL.

my port side is KILLING ME and it's really frustrating because it didn't hurt before. in fact, i was almost 100% feeling back to normal when i woke up with hurty side. :) i started to get all freaked out when i remember "dude, you are only a week and a few days post op! you aren't going to be back to normal that fast!!! you aren't superwoman!" so now i'm taking it easy and chewing my baby painkillers. LOL. mm, grape. :guess

Hi Everyone,

I heard about this thread while reading one on the rants and raves. Actually, I feel a bit lost. I don't know what to believe and feel guilty because I know what people think I should believe, but I just am not sure. Does that make any sense? My family all believe strongly in God. I think I used to until my senior year in high school. I had a bad car accident. I spent a great deal of time in the hospital and at home recovering. Needless to say, I could not attend church during that time and my parents stayed home to take care of me. After about 4 weeks, we had not heard from anyone in our church, even though they knew about my accident. One Sunday afternoon two of them came to our home. They did not ask how I was doing, or how anyone in my family was. They simply noted that my parents had not tithed in 4 weeks and were there to offer them the opportunity to do so. I then had a similiar situation after my first child was born. He was very ill and we missed two weeks of church. Again, no one was concerned about him, but did come calling for our tithe. I never attended church again after that. I felt like they are simply another money-making business. I decided that one did not have to attend church to believe in God and be a christian.

However, I have known so many good people who have had so many bad things happen to them. I have prayed long and hard for others, for help with problems in my life, but I have never once had any prayer answered or seen any evidence of a God. I feel guilty because I feel it is a bit arrogant for someone to say he is the all and mighty and we should worship no other and he holds in his hands the ability to decide our eternity, etc., etc.

It is really hard for me to write this, I feel so guilty because I know my family would be shocked if they realized I had my doubts. I am not saying I don't believe, and I am not saying I do believe. I am just really confused and am interested in exploring other beliefs. I have a friend who is Wiccan and have been interested in learning more about it.

Anyways, I am glad there is a place I feel like I can come and discuss this and will receive understanding and not be bashed for questioning things.

bubblebutt (ha! i still love it!) can i have some of those atheist sites? i've never gone looking because i always knew what i believed to be true... but i've never met another atheist (that i'm aware of) so i've always just kept my beliefs to myself. i'd love to read up on what "my people" are saying. :bandit

I heard about this thread while reading one on the rants and raves.

they're talking about us?! what thread? i'd love to snoop! (if i were a cat, curiousity would have killed me about 27 years ago!)

Hey Susan,

There are bad apples in EVERY single bunch, no matter where you look. There are also Good apples in every single bunch so don't go with examples set by others but follow your heart and inner voice. You don't have to have a label to slap on it. Be a the best person you can be because it's the right thing to do for you. It took me years of searching and reading to come to the point where I was like.. you know what? I'm not any one thing in particular. One day I might actually believe in an actual male and female god or many and one day I might not. I do believe that we are all made up of energy and energy continues on so, even after our earthy body dies we continue on. Do I believe in a 'heaven or hell' no, I don't but I don't begrudge others that do. Do I believe that the salvation of the world hinges on the belief of the existance of one man that walked on earth and that those who do not put their belief in 'the sone of god' will burn in hell, nope.. I don't, but that doesn't make it a bad choice for those who do. Some days, reincarnation makes perfect sense to me and others I'm like.. well, probably not. In essence, I don't think it matters. Let's treat others and our earth well and get along with each other despite religious or non religious beliefs. You know.. I have totally gotten distracted and kind of forgot why I started this paragraph.. sorry.

Bascially... don't give up on Christianity soley based on.. well, your bad experience with hypicritical 'fire insurance' Christians. To truly be Christian... CHRIST LIKE.. can be a good thing. Jesus was a wonderful person from all accounts we can find and a good example to follow.

As I've mentioned before. READ READ READ and you will begin to find your way.. whatever that may be.

Sorry for rambling,

Tracy