Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anti-inflammatory

Can someone tell me if we can take them? Thank you

No, anti-inflammatories are out! Stay clear of ibuprofen and aspirin.

If you really really have to take it (make it the exception rather than the rule), try and take one of those pills that protect your stomach - dont know what their names are in US, but we have Lancap or Nexium.

They put me on omperazole 20mg caps twice daily. Also they gave me anti inflamatory in the hospital but it was a liquid tylenol. Worked good with my other pain med, didn't even hurt. Think though this is only for hodpital use as it was through IV.

That liquid tylenol is the greatest! Funny thing, the morphine did absolutely nothing for my pain (did make me sleepy and not care though)... But when they ran that little bottle of tylenol, pain dropped away! Tylenol! Who'd of thunk it?

Tylenol is a pain reliever and antipyretic., but it is not an anti inflame unless it's Tylenol Arthritis.

That liquid tylenol is the greatest! Funny thing, the morphine did absolutely nothing for my pain (did make me sleepy and not care though)... But when they ran that little bottle of tylenol, pain dropped away! Tylenol! Who'd of thunk it?

You too, I had Dilodid which really didn't do anything but put me to sleep but once they hung that bottle the pain where my tube was dissappeared. The name of it isn't tynelol but made by tynelo but they always referred to it as tylenol. Nurse also said it is antiinflamatory med. Don't think it is available over the pharmacy counter. But while they were givening it to me it was great stuff Maynard...

Yeah, I just re-read all the posts, you guys are talking about Toradol. It's only given in IV or thru an injection. It's a wonderful drug. I had to have it with Dilaudid for kidney stones. Docs said it was ok because it wAs bypassing stomach.

FYI, if ya wanna know, There actually is a tablet form of toradol (ketorolac) it's not something we prescribe often and typically only for 2-3 days at a time....because it causes ulcers and GI bleeds (surprise!!!). Also there's now a form of IV Tylenol (acetaminophen) I think the brand name is Ofirmev. It's really gaining in popularity because it isn't an NSAID or a narcotic but has decent pain control. Tylenol arthritis is not an NSAID either, it's just a different strength of acetaminophen.

FYI, if ya wanna know, There actually is a tablet form of toradol (ketorolac) it's not something we prescribe often and typically only for 2-3 days at a time....because it causes ulcers and GI bleeds (surprise!!!). Also there's now a form of IV Tylenol (acetaminophen) I think the brand name is Ofirmev. It's really gaining in popularity because it isn't an NSAID or a narcotic but has decent pain control. Tylenol arthritis is not an NSAID either, it's just a different strength of acetaminophen.

Yes that is what the nurse called it yesterday Ofirmev, think It actually worked better than the pain med. Comes in a bottle and takes about ten minutes to run through. It got me home, and I didn't take any pain med until 9:30 PM about six hours later. Pain med gives me some relieve, but puts me out for almost six hours. Which is when the next dose it do.

Yes that is what the nurse called it yesterday Ofirmev' date=' think It actually worked better than the pain med. Comes in a bottle and takes about ten minutes to run through. It got me home, and I didn't take any pain med until 9:30 PM about six hours later. Pain med gives me some relieve, but puts me out for almost six hours. Which is when the next dose it do.[/quote']

The coolest thing with it SOUNDS LIKE (I didn't have it) is that it doesn't knock you out or cause the nausea as bad as most pain meds do. Glad you're home!

The coolest thing with it SOUNDS LIKE (I didn't have it) is that it doesn't knock you out or cause the nausea as bad as most pain meds do. Glad you're home!

Yep, home doing well, of course sore as heck, and hurt. Yes there is pain, which I can tolerate but only when I get up. Once I starting moving don't hardly notice it. Best thing is I've lost 2 lbs since Wednesday. Blood sugars been running very normal with a very, very low dose of insulin. This is the best decision I've made, and wish I would have gone this route three years ago.

FYI' date=' if ya wanna know, There actually is a tablet form of toradol (ketorolac) it's not something we prescribe often and typically only for 2-3 days at a time....because it causes ulcers and GI bleeds (surprise!!!). Also there's now a form of IV Tylenol (acetaminophen) I think the brand name is Ofirmev. It's really gaining in popularity because it isn't an NSAID or a narcotic but has decent pain control. Tylenol arthritis is not an NSAID either, it's just a different strength of acetaminophen.[/quote']

Good to know! Thank you for your advanced knowledge!

Yep' date=' home doing well, of course sore as heck, and hurt. Yes there is pain, which I can tolerate but only when I get up. Once I starting moving don't hardly notice it. Best thing is I've lost 2 lbs since Wednesday. Blood sugars been running very normal with a very, very low dose of insulin. This is the best decision I've made, and wish I would have gone this route three years ago.[/quote']

Moving is awesome!!! Getting moving sucked a bit those first few days but the more ya move the better you feel. Welcome to te other side!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 199