Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problems with adult acne post op?

Hi I am 4 months post up and this past 6 weeks my skin has gotten worse and worse. I never had perfect skin, but it is totally out of control now. Anyone experienced this?? It is as if it has something to do with having this op. I am 30 years old. This is so upsetting and embaressing!

Hi I am 4 months post up and this past 6 weeks my skin has gotten worse and worse. I never had perfect skin' date=' but it is totally out of control now. Anyone experienced this?? It is as if it has something to do with having this op. I am 30 years old. This is so upsetting and embaressing![/quote']

Worst I have ever had

I hate for anyone to see my face like this.

post-34674-13813812901864_thumb.jpg

Looks almost similar than mine! But be happy, yours could be worse - look at this face of mine! ;-)

Now i struggle with the thought. Do i put make-up on to cover it and look better BUT make it worse? Or do i leave it open to try and heal it and not clog it up, but then i look terrible at work?

I had no make-up on today at work. Felt bad. Dont want to walk around looking like this. BUT it also freaks me out so much and distresses me that i will do anything to fix it, so no make-up it is...

post-33361-13813812902569_thumb.jpg

In the same boat. Feel like people are looking at it with no makeup and afraid to make it worse with wearing makeup. It's painful too actually. I have some scarring started and I hate it! I have that beautiful unblemished skin as a teen and now I'm 33 and hating the acne!

Haha oh my goodness! Same here girl same here. Also unblemished as teen, and NOW, all of this. I am following a good cleaning routine now and decided to go sit in the sun for 20 mins or so over lunch time for vit D. I never get into the sun ever, dont like it. But perhaps it'll help?

It's your hormones. 3-4 months after surgery they go wake! Plus the more weight you lose the more hormones begin to surface because the fat is no longer around to block them. I went thru the same thing. I used proactive for a good month until my hormones chilled the heck out.

~Leticia **HW: 259**PreOp: 216**SURG: 3/21/13 **Discharged @: 221** 4.5 mons post op. CW: 160.0 lbs. --- Only 10 lbs to my goal ---

What is proactive? Dont think we have it here, i live in south africa. Perhaps i can find something similar?

Hi I am 4 months post up and this past 6 weeks my skin has gotten worse and worse. I never had perfect skin' date=' but it is totally out of control now. Anyone experienced this?? It is as if it has something to do with having this op. I am 30 years old. This is so upsetting and embaressing![/quote']

I am also four months out this week. My skin is also getting worse...talked to a few other folks and other than surgery down the road and hitting a gym to help with toning the is really nothing that can be done...unless someone else knows of something.

What is proactive? Dont think we have it here' date=' i live in south africa. Perhaps i can find something similar?[/quote']

Proactive is a skin treatment here that we can buy commercially. I'm not sure but maybe u could have it shipped to u? I'm actually thinking of trying it cause I've heard great things about it. My acne is painful and I hate the thought of scars on my face. I will let u know if I am able to get some and it works. I had a full scale meltdown last night over skin, hair falling out, and gaining 2lbs!

Yes, so did I. My face finally cleared a couple of weeks ago on its own. My skin looked absolutely repulsing. I ended up with mild cystic acne. If this particular side effect returns, I plan on using Clinique acne system. Reviews are very favorable and Clinique products are known for their quality.

My skin has been a wreck since my surgery too! I also never had an acne problem as a teenager so this is really frustrating. I've been using Neutrogena Naturals Acne Cleanser and an oil free moisturizer only as needed.

My face is broke out to must be the rush of hormones from loseing weight

I hate u guys are going through it too but it honestly helps knowing I'm not the only one.

Is this acne or a form of ezcema? I have ezcema now in my hands and most recently have been developing a patch on my face. I know it is because of my nerves about the surgery on Sept 3rd. Stress, food allergies and soaps/lotions cause it to flare up.