Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stinging, Pulling feeling on inside Post-op ?

I had surgery on Friday August 9th ( 1 wk ago) I have six incisions and staples keeping my incisions closed, which don't hurt or bother me at all. However I have a stinging, pulling feeling about 4 inches below my large incision on my left side, but it is on the inside of me that hurts, and there is no incisions where this pain is. It stings when I stand up from a sitting position, cough, sneeze. It doesn't feel like a pulled muscle, its more like a burning stinging pulling feeling...anyone experience this before??

I had surgery on Friday August 9th ( 1 wk ago) I have six incisions and staples keeping my incisions closed' date=' which don't hurt or bother me at all. However I have a stinging, pulling feeling about 4 inches below my large incision on my left side, but it is on the inside of me that hurts, and there is no incisions where this pain is. It stings when I stand up from a sitting position, cough, sneeze. It doesn't feel like a pulled muscle, its more like a burning stinging pulling feeling...anyone experience this before??[/quote']

YES!!!!! Omg yes!! It's terrible isn't it? My father in law had laparoscopic surgery (gall bladder) and says he's had the same pain. I think it must be a healing muscle under the lap site. I don't know for sure....my surgeon hasn't replied to my email yet.

Omg I had the same thing for about a month after surgery. I was miserable! We finally found out that I had a hematoma(giant bruise) in my abdominal muscle from my blood thinner injections while I was in the hospital! They hurt like h***, but the only way to get rid of them is to move and break them up.

Yes! I showed my surgeon where the pain was, mine was underneath my rib age. He said that it is gas.

I had the same thing and the only thing that helped was walking. I went on a half an hour walk and the next morning it was gone. I had the pain on and off for a month. I thought it was because I lifted my pug who was over 25 lbs. but the walking made it go away. It's part of the healing process so don't panic. I am currently a little over 5 weeks out and I feel great. Started exercising again and really feel back to normal. Hang in there.

I had it and my surgeon said that because they so so much work on the left side it bruises and they do something to prevent a hernia ....I took Celebrex for a week and it got so much better.

I had my surgery Aug 5 th and I have that pain and a burning pain also. I think it's something inside that's just healing slower.

My pain started last Friday, a little over 2 weeks after surgery. I had my dog on her leash and she gave me a couple good yanks. I was told after seeing my bariatric dr it was a torn muscle. The pain initially started below my large incision, but moved more towards my belly button. After a lot of research, it does appear to be that of a torn ab muscle. This can be common after gastric bypass.

Hello...I'm new to this site because I'm a sleeve to bypass revision (sleeve 12/13/12 and bypass 8/16/13) due to extreme gerd/reflux. Just the day before yesterday I felt like you all described and I saw my dr. yesterday and he also confirmed I had a torn abdominal muscle. He recommended that I wear an abdominal binder and that has helped tremendously. I no longer have to hold my whole left side when I get up/down or walk. It feels so much better today.

Hope yours does too!

Thank you Niki, I'm so happy to hear the binder helps! My husband is picking mine up today as the first one they gave me was too big. Its been so painful and I just feel like I can't function.:-(

I had that exact feeling when I had my gallbladder out, a feeling like things were going to tear on the inside, ESP when trying to roll over. My surgeon sent me home on no pain meds, and I never asked about it. Honestly, it just went away as I healed. I had surgery Monday and have no pain like that, but I did go home on Vicodin...

Thank you Niki' date=' I'm so happy to hear the binder helps! My husband is picking mine up today as the first one they gave me was too big. Its been so painful and I just feel like I can't function.:-([/quote']

Glad to hear it...I really do feel much better with it today!