Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The BIG Book on the Gastric Bypass!

Just orderd the book cant wait to read all the good advise in it..

I too bought the book and it should arrive today. Looking forward to reading it and learning all I can as I have my surgeon appt August 20th and should be ready with questions. Thank you for the recommendation ????

Np When I get out of the hospital I will read the rest..

Just finished listening to it on Audible last night and found it to be very informative and so helpful in making a decision to move forward with the referral, which was done this week. I would recommend it for anyone even remotely interested in weight loss surgery. Even if the outcome for you is not surgery, there is still so much to learn that can be applied to anyone trying to improve their health status surrounding obesity.

I bought the book off of Amazon for Kindle. It's a great read! I've done my own research on gastric bypass, and this book is giving me some extra information I need. I'm committed to getting this surgery. This book and The Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery is making more and prepared. Thanks, Alex!!

Got it off Kindle for my iPad as well. So informative. I'm either reading the book or in the RNY forum soaking up info from the many good people who share here.

I found this book to be very valuable in preparing for surgery. It gives realistic information and doesn't sugar coat the risks and difficulties. I feel prepared and ready now. I don't have a date yet but expect to early in 2017.

I got it and am just about finished, Great information. However my surgery is not until 2/14/17 today I am having an anxiety attack or something. I am emotional, scared, and close to tears. I have no logical reason. I have been an RN since 1986 and I am a mess. Help

I got it and am just about finished, Great information. However my surgery is not until 2/14/17 today I am having an anxiety attack or something. I am emotional, scared, and close to tears. I have no logical reason. I have been an RN since 1986 and I am a mess. Help

Hang on. That sounds perfectly normal to me. It's a big step and it seems bigger as you get closer.

Take some time to remember why you made the decision to have the surgery in the first place. Picture your goals, grab someone you love and hold them tight.

You can also check with your surgery center. They likely have resources to refer you to a psychologist. A session or two with a trained counselor can help you sort through your feelings and regain some control.

Bought it! I need answers!!!! Thank you!

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

Bought it! I need answers!!!! Thank you!

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

I bought the audiobook of this. I’m going to relisten to it again

I bought this book before I had even joined the BariatricPal community and it has been such a huge help and resource. Big book, but easy to read and skip to chapters that are the most important for you in your stage of the process.