Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holy Geez did I ever get the ball rolling!

Two days ago I was cursing myself out for not moving forward in the pre-testing phase... I made a few calls and suddenly I have a surgery date! WHoo-hoooo!!!

Now I've gotta get a nutritionist and a sleep study appointment QUICK! LOL.

Okay, now the nerves are kicking in a bit... Just a bit though.

WooooHoooo!!!! Way to GO!!! You will be so glad you did this! And less time to stress, or deal with the "last supper" syndrome! You have plenty of time, to get your supplies together, and be prepared!

That is awesome news, I am so happy for you!!!

You will be a fellow lapbander in no time!

Kat

I just scheduled my nutritionist appointment! LOL.

Kat, thanks for the support. I can't wait to get on the bandwagon, so to speak.

Any great suggestions on what I should purchase as far as food supplies go?

Congratulations on getting your surgery date, that is half the battle. I am still looking for great liquid foods. My problem is that I get tired of them so quickly. I looked at some of the fancier Soups that are creamy. There are many good ideas and recipes here if you look around.

Good luck!

In answer to your question "Any great suggestions on what I should purchase as far as food supplies go?", I'd refer you to the LAP Band FAQ section where you'll find info on pre- and post-op .

You'll do fine; we guys all seem to bounce back quickly.

chicken broth, beef broth, SF Jello, low fat yogurt, SF pudding, applesauce or baby food fruit - these are the things I was told I could have other than Protein Shakes for the first couple of weeks. Basically, clear fluids.

I couldn't stomach the chalky Protein Shake mix my doc's office sells, so I'm using EAS Advant Edge - 17 g of Protein per shake, not quite as heavy, and good tasting. Walmart carries them.

At my educational class (it is required at my doctor's) we were given a bag with samples of Protein Drinks and Multivitamins and here is the link

www.bariatriceating.com it is all for Protein, foods, you will find a lot of options here. She has a few samples for sale and gift baskets. I really like the site and when it is my turn I will be buying from her.

Thanks guys, the support here is always top-notch.

I've been all over the site in the last few weeks reading up and I'll keep reviewing the ABUNDANCE of info on here.

Lots of people like the EAS drinks and I think I'll try some.

I already got my bullion cubes and powder, next I'll get cans of broth and stock up on fruit juices.

Nerves are jangling, I'm getting sort of worried.

I went out and had an outrageous meal and Chilis: chips and Salsa, a Peppercorn Burger with fries and a paradise pie for dessert! Of course I split the appetizer and dessert with my friends, but it was deee-licious. But I'm a dieting expert, so saying goodbye to my Chilis for a while isn't going to be too hard.

I'll return for their delicious chicken fajitas once I'm banded and healed, don't doubt! I figure doggy bags will be my newest friends. LOL.

You won't need this right away, and it isn't really a food suggestion...but you mentioned doggie bags--buy a food saver! Most doggie bags are styrofoam containers---food dries out, especially at the rate we eat!!

I bring things home, and put them in airtight bags. I make the bag several inches too big, then when I open it to take some out, I can reseal it. You can write on the bags with Sharpie markers---because you don't want to keep it too long. Another thing---with doggie bags...ask for it as soon as you get your meal. Take 1/2 to 3/4 of your food off of your plate, and put in the box, then if you need more out of it, you can get it. The idea is, not to eat off of your utensils, then put it into the food that you are going to save or take home---it introduces all the bacteria from your mouth to the food you are taking home.

I bought a stack of plastic compartmented plates in the picnic supplies, and when I cook a big meal, I make myself several "TV dinners". I fill the plate, pop it in a bag, and shrink wrap it. Then I can zap it in the microwave, and I have a "me" sized lunch, balanced healthy food---no work! And we ALWAYS have leftovers now!

The point being---we DO have lot's of doggie bag left overs, and homemade leftovers, BUT we also have to be extra careful with them. The last thing our bands would appreciate is a case of botulism!!!

And as for foods----buy several flavors of SF pudding mix---you can use it in Protein Shakes for better flavor. Also the DaVinci SF syrups help a lot too!!!

Kat

This isn't a food suggestion, but make sure you have a heating pad! It was the best thing for the shoulder pain that was the worst part of recovery for me.

Congrats on getting your date!!!

Yay!! Congrats on getting your band date!!

If you like the EAS pre-mixed drinks - you will probably like Atkins shakes, too.

If you are going to mix your own, I suggest Six Star powder (available at walmart) in any flavors. If you mix your own, you can get creative with adding broth, fruit, extracts and such.

I made a really great shake with coffee, cinnamon, milk & vanilla Protein powder.< /p>

You can see the possibilities for keeping yourself from going insane with boredom if you mix your own.

Pre-mix is convenient for travel or work - and I use them all the time, now... but in the beginning while you are sitting at home with nothing to do and you can't eat any real food, having the flavor options can save your sanity.

Good Luck! (and don't forget the Gas-Ex!)

:]