Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My date is September 4th, 2013 :rolleyes: :D

I'm going in September 5th. At first it all seemed to take forever, pre surgery clearances, nutritionist meetings and now it's speeding up fast.

What a journey this is. Half the people think I am crazy and the other half think I am brave.

Just got the call mine is 9/11/13. Took the insurance company two business days to approve. In total shock.

My surgery date is September 10. Yes!

1 more day of liquid diet tomorrow and 1 day of Clear Liquids on Wednesday and the next day, Thursday 9/5, is my surgery. Almost don't believe it. It's been a long process. Can't wait til it's over and the first few weeks go by. I have a cruise NOV 1 to look forward to at least.

1 more day of liquid diet tomorrow and 1 day of clear liquids on Wednesday and the next day' date=' Thursday 9/5, is my surgery. Almost don't believe it. It's been a long process. Can't wait til it's over and the first few weeks go by. I have a cruise NOV 1 to look forward to at least.[/quote']

I go on the 5th but I did not have to do that this time I was just told clear liquids tomorrow! ?! Not like that bothers me....I cant wait to get this going!

Had surgery on 9/4 and I feel great! I have not had any side effects, (no nausea, vomiting, very minimal pain) since I have been home I have not even taken any Tylenol or pain meds). The only thing that has been a problem is I have very little endurance, I tried to walk for about 15 minutes yesterday and it wiped me out. I almost forgot, no one warned me that they would be putting in a catheter! That was quite a surprise when I woke up! Once they took it out, it was pretty painful urinating for a few days. Honestly, that was the worst part of the entire surgery!

The clear liquid diet is not the most fun in the world but certainly doable. I have been alternating between beef broth and chicken broth for meals and a variety of diet Snapple flavors and crystal light and of course Water.

Good Luck all September RNY's! Keep up the great work!

HW: 385, Surgery day weight: 347, Current Weight:??? (Going to wait until my 2-week follow-up to get the good news)

I had my surgery on September 4th and came home September 6th. I am feeling good except having a hard time getting enough Water in. But I'm going to keep trying.

surgery went great on 9/5. I had almost the same experience as everyone else but a little more discomfort with extra gas in my abdominal cavity. The first day home, 9/7, the liquids were very hard to get in but today, 9/8, was easier. I am just taking 2 pain pills today for a little bit of ache type pain in my midsection. The walking has been fine. I feel my best when I walk but it does tire me out fast.

Congratulations everyone!!!! I am just so glad it's over and I am on my way. :D

My surgey was yesterday. Went well! Hiatal (sp) hernia repaired too. Clear Liquids today. No more IV fluids as my intake is good and output good too.small pain, easily managed. Walking worked to get rid of gas pain, and I can feel air rolling around in my tummy! No doubt I will be passing gas soon, sorry if tmi. Nurses are very helpful and encouraging. Hooray, hoping to go home tomorrow or Friday.

My surgey was yesterday. Went well! Hiatal (sp) hernia repaired too. Clear liquids today. No more IV fluids as my intake is good and output good too.small pain, easily managed. Walking worked to get rid of gas pain, and I can feel air rolling around in my tummy! No doubt I will be passing gas soon, sorry if tmi. Nurses are very helpful and encouraging. Hooray, hoping to go home tomorrow or Friday.

Great news!!! :)

The gas can take a few days but everyone is different. I came home Saturday and the gas did not fully leave until about yesterday, Tuesday. I did a lot of walking, some gas-x and a hot pad helped. Just remember every day it gets better and better.

My surgey was yesterday. Went well! Hiatal (sp) hernia repaired too. Clear liquids today. No more IV fluids as my intake is good and output good too.small pain, easily managed. Walking worked to get rid of gas pain, and I can feel air rolling around in my tummy! No doubt I will be passing gas soon, sorry if tmi. Nurses are very helpful and encouraging. Hooray, hoping to go home tomorrow or Friday.

Congrats I am glad you are on the post op side now. I feel good so far. I came home 9/6/13 after having surgery 9/4/13.