Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing as fast

I just hit my 4 week post op and seem to be losing sooooo slow I was 185 day of revision band to RNY today I'm 178??? My doc says because I had my big loss of 70 lbs. with band that I would probably not have a fast or as big of a loss. I am on regular diet now and everything I try I have not had any trouble. Which is like night and day from the band , I would slime,throw up daily and have stomach pains,chest pains,the stuck feeling for 31/2 years!!!! I eat 3 4oz. Meals a day and at least 2 Protein Shakes a day and at least 64oz. Water a day and my Vitamins faithfully!!! I'm only 5 '0" 43 years old my highest pre band weight was 229 and lowest was 155 . I had a regain last year of 35 pounds after a total unfill from October to tis past June 17 th revision day . I'm happy to have a slow weight loss just wondering if anyone else having the revision has had the same experience?????

My doc told me to expect 2-4 pounds a week (I'm band to bypass too). I'm averaging 10 a month but started out much higher than you. Isn't if freaking fabulous to actually eat real food again???!!!!!!!!

Yes it is totally awesome to eat REAL food !!! I haven't had much of an appetite but I'm eating good quality food . My bad is , I haven't started to work out yet I know I need to its just sooo hard to get started !! Once I reprogram my lazy brain I hope the weight will start to come off .

My doc told me to expect 2-4 pounds a week (I'm band to bypass too). I'm averaging 10 a month but started out much higher than you. Isn't if freaking fabulous to actually eat real food again???!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your WL that awesome!! when was your revision and was it on the same day?

My revision was supposed to be same day...then I woke up with no band and no RNY. SUCKED. My band had prolapsed so I had urgent removal and when he got in to take the evil thing out I had so much swelling and inflammation that he didn't feel it was safe to do the revision. Band out August 1, 2012, RNY Feb.11, 2013. I was at 5 months last week and hit 50 pounds last week. I seem to be slower then my other February counterparts but no complaints....it is steadily coming off (except for evil stalls) and I feel FABULOUS!!! I can eat darn near anything. I never get sick or have heartburn (Pasta and brown rice!!!! Real meat!!!) I do dump if I get something too high in carbs without Protein but, well, it's stuff I shouldn't be eating anyway so I guess it helps keep me honest :D

Wish I'd done this long, long ago! Hope you love it as much as I do!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 204.6

It really stinks...on my first 3 days after wls I would wake up every morning weighing 5lbs less..now I have been stuck on my weigh and sometimes come to loose 3lbs. UGH!! Its frusturating. BTW had my surgery July 1st. Lost a total of 24 lbs. I am very excited. Am still trying to concentrate on my Protein intake and trying to keep up with my fluids. I have not been hundry but wanti somethinto chew on. I have had no problems at all ever since surgery. Can't wait to be out of the 2 hundreds. I currently weigh now 220.

Hovering on the edge of the 200s is killing me!!!!!!!! :D driving me crazy

I just hit my 4 week post op and seem to be losing sooooo slow I was 185 day of revision band to RNY today I'm 178??? My doc says because I had my big loss of 70 lbs. with band that I would probably not have a fast or as big of a loss. I am on regular diet now and everything I try I have not had any trouble. Which is like night and day from the band ' date=' I would slime,throw up daily and have stomach pains,chest pains,the stuck feeling for 31/2 years!!!! I eat 3 4oz. Meals a day and at least 2 Protein shakes a day and at least 64oz. Water a day and my Vitamins faithfully!!! I'm only 5 '0" 43 years old my highest pre band weight was 229 and lowest was 155 . I had a regain last year of 35 pounds after a total unfill from October to tis past June 17 th revision day . I'm happy to have a slow weight loss just wondering if anyone else having the revision has had the same experience?????[/quote']

I am the same way. I am losing super slow but I am 41 5'2" and have an RMR of 975. My dr told me not to expect results like other RNY patients. I am five weeks out tomorrow and down 15 lbs. I am actually really happy with that so far even tho compared to most on this forum I am not in the same league.

Remember not to expect compare yourself to others. It is tough but if you do you will make yourself nuts. You don't have a huge amount to lose so look at the big picture. Trust me I hav

Have to remind myself daily. At five weeks I jokingly think "im not at goal yet?" Lol

I am 204 and am praying to be back in onderland in the next two weeks. We can do this!! Im here for you because I am totally in the same boat. Oh and I am a band to bypass conversion too. I had my band for five years.. I lost 55 in the first 2 years and the last three were pure hell. I gained 52 back. My high weight was 267 , pre band 235, low band 185.

Pre RNY I was 232 day of surgery 219 and am 204 now. DOS was 6/12/13.

I sincerely hope this all shows you that you aren't alone. :)

Hovering on the edge of the 200s is killing me!!!!!!!! :D driving me crazy

HW 312' date=' pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 204.6[/quote']

Same here!! We can do this. :)

Im 204 right now and likely wont get out of 200s for two more weeks.

Thank you thank you!!!! And yes I am totally loving RNY life so far I can't explain how awful the band made me feel for three years!!! I just can't believe I suffered through it for that long!! I truly thought this is normal for band peeps. NOW I know different it is truly like night and day!!!!!!!! Oh I almost forgot I have no more acid reflux !! Which I never had before the band!! Rrrrr. And my high blood pressure is no more!!! : )))) I will try not to compare myself to others I just wonder sometimes did the doc do my RNY???? Cause I have NO problems with food anymore! And the loss is like a snail but that's ok!! I feel wonderful!!!! : ))))))) and I too am here for anyone's support ,you all are great!! And thanks again ,we can do this!!!!!

Thank you thank you!!!! And yes I am totally loving RNY life so far I can't explain how awful the band made me feel for three years!!! I just can't believe I suffered through it for that long!! I truly thought this is normal for band peeps. NOW I know different it is truly like night and day!!!!!!!! Oh I almost forgot I have no more acid reflux !! Which I never had before the band!! Rrrrr. And my high blood pressure is no more!!! : )))) I will try not to compare myself to others I just wonder sometimes did the doc do my RNY???? Cause I have NO problems with food anymore! And the loss is like a snail but that's ok!! I feel wonderful!!!! : ))))))) and I too am here for anyone's support ' date='you all are great!! And thanks again ,we can do this!!!!![/quote']

We are exactly alike!! I never had reflux before the band and them suffered for three years. My husband was so worried about Barrets because we have a friend who died of that. When I had my EGD earlier this year and I had intestinal metaplasia in my stomach I knew I was done with the band. I was pretty strict with my diet with the band but destroyed my metabolism because I couldn't eat. How many meals did I sit there and push food on my plate or excuse myself to go throw up? It was a horrible vicious cycle.

I saw my NUT on Thursday. She's seen me for the last five years. I told her I am eating better variety, more often than I have in years. I have had one vomiting episode and it was after reheating roast beef last week in the microwave. She told me never to reheat in the micro but to use my toaster oven. Micro zaps moisture.

Slow weight loss is worth getting rid of the band and all the food games I played. It wasn't healthy at all for me.

Glad we found each other!!! :)

My revision was supposed to be same day...then I woke up with no band and no RNY. SUCKED. My band had prolapsed so I had urgent removal and when he got in to take the evil thing out I had so much swelling and inflammation that he didn't feel it was safe to do the revision. Band out August 1' date=' 2012, RNY Feb.11, 2013. I was at 5 months last week and hit 50 pounds last week. I seem to be slower then my other February counterparts but no complaints....it is steadily coming off (except for evil stalls) and I feel FABULOUS!!! I can eat darn near anything. I never get sick or have heartburn (Pasta and brown rice!!!! Real meat!!!) I do dump if I get something too high in carbs without Protein but, well, it's stuff I shouldn't be eating anyway so I guess it helps keep me honest :D

Wish I'd done this long, long ago! Hope you love it as much as I do!!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 204.6[/quote']

I do love it and I wish I would have gone this route first!!!!! I am soo sorry to hear about you waking up to no RNY , : ( that was my biggest fear was to wake up to hear my doc say,"I couldn't do your revision." I did have moderate scar tissue and my red blood count was low after surgery , I had a hospital stay of 3 days ,a drain that was taken out by the third day,I walked walked walked !!! Took my pain meds and have gone by my docs stage sheet to the T!! I'm so afraid to dump that I have not cheated on anything sugary, sweets !!!, which is my biggest downfall and honestly thinking about it makes me nauseous !! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work and I wish you much success and happiness in your journey : ))))))

I do love it and I wish I would have gone this route first!!!!! I am soo sorry to hear about you waking up to no RNY ' date=' : ( that was my biggest fear was to wake up to hear my doc say,"I couldn't do your revision." I did have moderate scar tissue and my red blood count was low after surgery , I had a hospital stay of 3 days ,a drain that was taken out by the third day,I walked walked walked !!! Took my pain meds and have gone by my docs stage sheet to the T!! I'm so afraid to dump that I have not cheated on anything sugary, sweets !!!, which is my biggest downfall and honestly thinking about it makes me nauseous !! Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work and I wish you much success and happiness in your journey : ))))))[/quote']

I dumped on two ounces of watermelon so not just sugary sweet stuff does it. With that said, I had not eaten any Protein for four hours and think that caused it. Lesson learned for me! I have zero desire for junk or to cheat. This is my last chance and I have to do it this time.

I vow to make it work! Lol

Hi ladies....my band to bypass revision is scheduled for 8/19. - I am so excited to be rid of the band and able to actually eat healthy food....I am worried about giving up the sugar though....I have become a major addict since the band since sugar goes down so easy! I pray that I have a mentality switch like ya'll have!

Hi ladies....my band to bypass revision is scheduled for 8/19. - I am so excited to be rid of the band and able to actually eat healthy food....I am worried about giving up the sugar though....I have become a major addict since the band since sugar goes down so easy! I pray that I have a mentality switch like ya'll have!

I'm like one of Pavlov's dogs....I kept trying sweets and getting sick until I developed an aversion....I know I can take 2-3 bites but more will make me feel like crap for hours so I don't do it....it was a hard learned lesson though :D