Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went from 279 to 160 and from a 22 to 7/8 6months out :) 10pounds to my goal weight whoop whoop

Thanks nycgal!! I am 5'4"

Just wondering cause I'm 5'4 and 165. My 11's and 13's are fitting me loose and wondered if is be your size in about 5 lbs.

Can you share your anerixic story? Id love to hear it.

Hello, my name is Christina I had the ROUX N Y April 18 2013, so far I haven't had anything major happen to me. I have good days and bad. I know it is very hard to get my Protein an Vitamins in. I had a few days that I couldn't eat at all. I would vomit everything even Water. And I could go to the bathroom for days and when I finally did it was horrible. I'm open for any suggestions about the easiest way to get my Proteins in or any other advice,is also welcome. Thanks and I wish everyone the best and good health.

Laticiahuggins...yeah im sure you will be! I suppose it depends on the brand you buy as well. So basically to make w long story short...I was getting very very sick after I had the surgery. I was in the er or admitted to the hospital countlesa times. I had my gallbladder removed and numerous endoscopys, cat scans and xrays and they just could not figure out what was wrong with me. I would go weeks without eating and barley drinking. I was extremely dehydrated all the time. I couldnt take care of my kids it got so bad. Thank god I moved back with my parents when my husband went to korea. Anyway I had to call the abulance one night..mi thought I was having a heartattack it was really bad. They came and I was like dying ... literally. ..I was skiping like 6 heart beats and than I would have one. My pulse was almost not even there. I was admitted to the hospital and thats when they finally diagnosed me with anerexia. I guess I just didnt want to face that I was this whole time until someone said something finally. It was awful to hear it. Part of me being so incredibly sick was that I was just one of the unlucky few that get really sick after this surgery but most of it was that I am affraid every bite I take is going to make me fat again. So I have to take valium before I eat anything and im in counceling. Im still struggling with it but it gets a little better everyday.

Hello' date=' my name is Christina I had the ROUX N Y April 18 2013, so far I haven't had anything major happen to me. I have good days and bad. I know it is very hard to get my Protein an Vitamins in. I had a few days that I couldn't eat at all. I would vomit everything even Water. And I could go to the bathroom for days and when I finally did it was horrible. I'm open for any suggestions about the easiest way to get my Proteins in or any other advice,is also welcome. Thanks and I wish everyone the best and good health.[/quote']

Hi Christina! The best way I have found to get my Protein is I bought some powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chocolate and Unjury strawberry Sorbet powder. The chocolate I add to my morning coffee and it tastes almost like a mocha, it has 20 grams of protein in one scoop. The strawberry I add to Water, and it's delish when very cold. It is also 20 grams. So that is 40 so far! It is also the only Protein Powder I've found I can stomach! A little pricey but so worth it for me! You can order on their website and I think someone said Amazon as well. Bathroom has also plagued me, it's normal from what I her because we are not eating that much. Just make sure you stay hydrated!

Laticiahuggins...yeah im sure you will be! I suppose it depends on the brand you buy as well. So basically to make w long story short...I was getting very very sick after I had the surgery. I was in the er or admitted to the hospital countlesa times. I had my gallbladder removed and numerous endoscopys' date=' cat scans and xrays and they just could not figure out what was wrong with me. I would go weeks without eating and barley drinking. I was extremely dehydrated all the time. I couldnt take care of my kids it got so bad. Thank god I moved back with my parents when my husband went to korea. Anyway I had to call the abulance one night..mi thought I was having a heartattack it was really bad. They came and I was like dying ... literally. ..I was skiping like 6 heart beats and than I would have one. My pulse was almost not even there. I was admitted to the hospital and thats when they finally diagnosed me with anerexia. I guess I just didnt want to face that I was this whole time until someone said something finally. It was awful to hear it. Part of me being so incredibly sick was that I was just one of the unlucky few that get really sick after this surgery but most of it was that I am affraid every bite I take is going to make me fat again. So I have to take valium before I eat anything and im in counceling. Im still struggling with it but it gets a little better everyday.[/quote']

Wow girl... What a story! I thank you so much for sharing. I can bet that there is "someone" on this forum that is experiencing the same thing. Heck... I could be that "someone" one day as well and with you sharing your story and educating us on your experience we'll be able to recognise if we start to go down that road as well.

So just wondering... With everything that you've been through.. would you decide to do this surgery again if you can do it over?

Congrats on the amazing weight lost.

Wow girl... What a story! I thank you so much for sharing. I can bet that there is "someone" on this forum that is experiencing the same thing. Heck... I could be that "someone" one day as well and with you sharing your story and educating us on your experience we'll be able to recognise if we start to go down that road as well.

So just wondering... With everything that you've been through.. would you decide to do this surgery again if you can do it over?

Its hard to say... moat days I wouldnt do it again but on my good days I would. Im aure once I gwt through all of this anerexia stuff I will be very glad I did it. As sick as I am in the head right now I do love a lot of things....being able to play with my kids without losing my breath and having to stop being the biggest! Those things arw great but the constant thought of getting fat agaim and not eating and all that it just wasnt worth it. So it really is hard to say at this point. .....and thanks tinymami

Laticiahuggins...yeah im sure you will be! I suppose it depends on the brand you buy as well. So basically to make w long story short...I was getting very very sick after I had the surgery. I was in the er or admitted to the hospital countlesa times. I had my gallbladder removed and numerous endoscopys' date=' cat scans and xrays and they just could not figure out what was wrong with me. I would go weeks without eating and barley drinking. I was extremely dehydrated all the time. I couldnt take care of my kids it got so bad. Thank god I moved back with my parents when my husband went to korea. Anyway I had to call the abulance one night..mi thought I was having a heartattack it was really bad. They came and I was like dying ... literally. ..I was skiping like 6 heart beats and than I would have one. My pulse was almost not even there. I was admitted to the hospital and thats when they finally diagnosed me with anerexia. I guess I just didnt want to face that I was this whole time until someone said something finally. It was awful to hear it. Part of me being so incredibly sick was that I was just one of the unlucky few that get really sick after this surgery but most of it was that I am affraid every bite I take is going to make me fat again. So I have to take valium before I eat anything and im in counceling. Im still struggling with it but it gets a little better everyday.[/quote']

Have you tried Overeaters Anonymous? Twelve step support groups can be very helpful. Also, be aware that valium can be very addictive. It sounds like you're doing a great job going to counseling, and we're all behind you. God bless.

Have you tried Overeaters Anonymous? Twelve step support groups can be very helpful. Also' date=' be aware that valium can be very addictive. It sounds like you're doing a great job going to counseling, and we're all behind you. God bless.[/quote']

Yeah I wont even lie I sometimes have a hard time seeing bigger people. The size I used to be. I know that sounds terrible. I went to a meeting and had a major panic attack and didnt eat for several days. I cant talk about food with people and thats all they did. And yes very aware of valium being addictive. Thanks for the advice...any is appreciated :)

Yeah I wont even lie I sometimes have a hard time seeing bigger people. The size I used to be. I know that sounds terrible. I went to a meeting and had a major panic attack and didnt eat for several days. I cant talk about food with people and thats all they did. And yes very aware of valium being addictive. Thanks for the advice...any is appreciated :)

I know some meetings have more overeaters while others have more anorexics and bulimic. I hope you find one that fits you. I can totally understand having a panic attack around bigger people...part of anorexia, it's not terrible. I wasn't preaching about valium, hope you didn't take it that way...just concerned, that's all. If you ever want to talk, message me, or email me at: deaddemmama@gmail.com I get what you're going through

I know some meetings have more overeaters while others have more anorexics and bulimic. I hope you find one that fits you. I can totally understand having a panic attack around bigger people...part of anorexia' date=' it's not terrible. I wasn't preaching about valium, hope you didn't take it that way...just concerned, that's all. If you ever want to talk, message me, or email me at: deaddemmama@gmail.com I get what you're going through[/quote']

Yeah theres only one where I am but they are all overeaters and really not into doing anything about it. They kinda just mess around and talk about food the entire meeting. I dont know if thats how it was supposed to be or not but definitely made me anxious. And I didnt thibk you were attacking me at all. Its good to remind people of potential dangers forsure! And I take 4 times a day so maybe I am already?! Yikes all I need. Anyway thanks so much for the support I really do apreciate it!!

Yeah theres only one where I am but they are all overeaters and really not into doing anything about it. They kinda just mess around and talk about food the entire meeting. I dont know if thats how it was supposed to be or not but definitely made me anxious. And I didnt thibk you were attacking me at all. Its good to remind people of potential dangers forsure! And I take 4 times a day so maybe I am already?! Yikes all I need. Anyway thanks so much for the support I really do apreciate it!!

Definitely not what an OA meeting should be. Take care.

CONGRATULATIONS!! I hope that I am there in six months!