Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August 2013 surgeries

Oh ok I may try them then. When you felt the blockage did you take the papaya enzyme? I've heard it works wonders.

No I didn't have time. My chest felt balled up n got bigger n bigger n I gabbed my chest. Then it all came up. It last from start to Finish about 10 min. I wasnt even nauseous. I felt fine afterwards.

Could be oatmeal, I had similar experience when I tried to eat oatmeal that was too dry. I added more milk next time and it went down no problem... Poor you :(

So I've had pain off-and-on on my right side. All the way around to the side, under my ribs to my back. I'm starting week 4 of my recovery. I've battled with Constipation. But, can't tell if the pain coincides with that. However, constipation pain is normally on the left. Has anyone else experienced this?

So I've had pain off-and-on on my right side. All the way around to the side' date=' under my ribs to my back. I'm starting week 4 of my recovery. I've battled with Constipation. But, can't tell if the pain coincides with that. However, constipation pain is normally on the left. Has anyone else experienced this?[/quote']

Kind of sound like gall bladder. Quite common with bypass bc of the quick weight loss and high Protein.< /p>

Kind of sound like gall bladder. Quite common with bypass bc of the quick weight loss and high Protein.< /p>

I had my gallbladder removed 15 years ago. The surgeon mentioned I had a lot of scar tissue from it. Maybe it's that.

I had my gallbladder removed 15 years ago. The surgeon mentioned I had a lot of scar tissue from it. Maybe it's that.

I know you can still get stones without the gall bladder. I had mine it ten years ago.

Could be gas from Constipation. Have you tried gasx gas strips?

I know you can still get stones without the gall bladder. I had mine it ten years ago.

Could be gas from Constipation. Have you tried gasx gas strips?

Totally been fighting constipation. It's just strange it's on the right side. I did have a large bruise there after surgery. I didn't know about the GasX strips. I'll give them a try. Thanks!

Hi everyone I just had my RNY on August 27th, going well so far, though I do wish I could have more than liquid!

Hi everyone I just had my RNY on August 27th' date=' going well so far, though I do wish I could have more than liquid![/quote']

Hi Buddha, I had mine on the 27th too. I've been on soft foods for 2 days now. (Plus Protein shakes) I'm using MyFitnessPal to log food, exercise and H2O. tuna salad has worked well and I'm going to try some chicken salad tonight. Plus cottage cheese. I've put bananas in my Protein Shakes as well as peaches.So far the only thing I haven't liked is cheese sticks (light) which taste like sawdust! LOL

I'm also having pain at the bottom of my left side rib cage that radiates to my left shoulder blade (only when I breathe deep or have to yawn.) The doc's office thinks it will get better so I'm to wait on it. It only started Monday night when I had been laying on my left side.

So I've had pain off-and-on on my right side. All the way around to the side' date=' under my ribs to my back. I'm starting week 4 of my recovery. I've battled with Constipation. But, can't tell if the pain coincides with that. However, constipation pain is normally on the left. Has anyone else experienced this?[/quote']

I am on the way to dr. now having monthly labs done. N i'm having constipation. N pain on the right side of my belly. But out don't wrap around..i'm just tired of hurting. N I bout pass out trying to shower. I get so weak.

I am on the way to dr. now having monthly labs done. N i'm having Constipation. N pain on the right side of my belly. But out don't wrap around..i'm just tired of hurting. N I bout pass out trying to shower. I get so weak.

me too! Trying to shower and get dressed feels like climbing a mountain

SD:8/21/13. BW 370 SW 347. CW 316

the liquids are tough. Water tastes awful. the shakes are boring but ok. AND due to my doc being out of office in two weeks I get to live on them for an extra week. Yay. Three weeks of full liquids. Finally gave up tonight and got a cup of broccoli and cheese Soup from Panara and pureed it down and added a little extra milk. Now it is the same consistency as my shakes. Bur mmm tastes delicious!

Btw, I noticed a bunch of you with Constipation issues... I seem to be having the opposite issue. Is it the Protein? I haven't gotten a lot of protein in consistently yet.

the liquids are tough. Water tastes awful. the shakes are boring but ok. AND due to my doc being out of office in two weeks I get to live on them for an extra week. Yay. Three weeks of full liquids. Finally gave up tonight and got a cup of broccoli and cheese Soup from Panara and pureed it down and added a little extra milk. Now it is the same consistency as my shakes. Bur mmm tastes delicious!

Btw' date=' I noticed a bunch of you with Constipation issues... I seem to be having the opposite issue. Is it the Protein? I haven't gotten a lot of protein in consistently yet.[/quote']

Enjoy the lack of constipation! Yes protein does bind. I too am a fan of the panera broccoli and cheddar soup. It was like heaven. We grew cucumber out in the backyard this year and about a week after surgery I just needed something crunchy, so I sliced up a piece of one . I chewed it and sucked out the juice them spit it out, yes I was that desperate to chew.

Totally been fighting Constipation. It's just strange it's on the right side. I did have a large bruise there after surgery. I didn't know about the GasX strips. I'll give them a try. Thanks!

I jus came from dr. he said pain on right side could be where they did some work in there. If it keeps hurting then her may check about gallbladder. He said I need too drink more. N I can eat chicken n fish. N try to get Protein in like that. He gave me a B12 shot because I stay so tired. N I can get another one in a month. Butt I had only lost 5lb in last 2Weeks but I stalled one week. Soo I can swim now or at least move around in the Water. Not enough energy to swim laps yet. But maybe I will shortly.