Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scared I wont lose all my excess weight :(

I was told to eat Peanut Butter when I got stuck .. I have followed the pain to a T also. Only thing is I can not workout due to 7 back surgeries. So I just walk

Ok idk what is going on in my head but I am 6 weeks post op and down 37lbs and cant stop thinking that im not going to lose all the weight that i want to. My SW was 363lbs and i am now 326lbs ideally i would be 175lbs but i would be thrilled at 200lbs because i feel like thats more realistic but now im thinking their is NO way im gonna lose another 126lbs :(

Some days I feel like I am on track with my weight loss and others I feel like for my size its going slow and Ive even had people (family and friends) tell me thats it ??? when i tell them how much ive lost so far ...Anyone else go through this ?

I feel the same way! I am only down 25 and am almost 6 weeks out! It came off fast at first, and now I constantly stall. I can't exercise due to my bad back. Even walking is painful, and I am afraid this is slowing me down. I was hoping to be down at least 80 by six months but don't think ill make it. Am frustrated!

I feel the same. I was 7 weeks post op wednesday and I have just now hit 30 lbs. I thought that would happen the first month.

I do exactly what I was told. I'm confused and frustrated.

It seems as if those of us in the initial period 1-2 months feel the same and all those that are farther out have done wonderful so i guess we all need yo just have faith!

Holy cow! Is that what you are suppose to do long term or just for a bit??? That's rough sounding

Until i hit goal weight .....ive been doing most of it but i have been having 2 meals and one shake and i've had cheese a few times very small amounts though

I feel the same way! I am only down 25 and am almost 6 weeks out! It came off fast at first' date=' and now I constantly stall. I can't exercise due to my bad back. Even walking is painful, and I am afraid this is slowing me down. I was hoping to be down at least 80 by six months but don't think ill make it. Am frustrated![/quote']

You will make by six months. I'm 5 months and down 94 lbs. think positive. You can and will do it. Good luck!!! :)

You will make by six months. I'm 5 months and down 94 lbs. think positive. You can and will do it. Good luck!!! :)

Thanks! I so hope I can do it like you! Great job!

Wow thats great did u have a slow loss in the beginning too?

I'm worried about this too. I have surgery this coming Thursday. In my 6 months if visits with food logging, more Protein, less junk etc I have lost two pounds total. I was 277 my first visit, been as high as 282 and as low as 272 and I've been stuck at 275 since my last appointment 3 weeks preop.

I think we all want to loose the weight as fast as possible. I'm 10 weeks post op and at times only loose a pound a week:-/ but I try to look at my total weight loss counting from my 2 week per op and that helps me to stay positive. I think we are scared to fail since we've failed before on other diets. It's very encouraging to hear from others who are 1 yr post op and share with us their fears when they too started this journey and are now a success. We will also achieve our goal with time.

WLS 03/22/13 HW 276(6 yrs ago) pre op weight 252 PSW 237 CW 203

I'm 6 days post op and beginning to feel like this already. Not sure why! Sometimes I think I'm hungry and could go and raid the cupboards and just eat and eat. Havent done, which is a bonus i suppose. How do you know if your really hungry or its just brain hunger and not actual hunger? Not feeling too bad, slight stitch like feeling in my right side today but apart from that, haven't been nauseas or anything. Sometimes find myself wondering if they actually did anything when I was under!!!! Wasn't expecting to feel like this at all.......

I'm 6 days post op and beginning to feel like this already. Not sure why! Sometimes I think I'm hungry and could go and raid the cupboards and just eat and eat. Havent done' date=' which is a bonus i suppose. How do you know if your really hungry or its just brain hunger and not actual hunger? Not feeling too bad, slight stitch like feeling in my right side today but apart from that, haven't been nauseas or anything. Sometimes find myself wondering if they actually did anything when I was under!!!! Wasn't expecting to feel like this at all.......[/quote']

I was similar - first week gas pains but no nausea - now get stitch on left side but that's good as its tight to prevent future hernias ( not that I've had one!)

I think we all crunch the numbers and compare but the bottom line is we will lose the weight as RNY controls the amount and type of food to some degree and we need to retrain our brains to enjoy little amounts :)

I'm 4 weeks out today and was on liquid for 2 weeks beforehand and the last two weeks have seen bigger losses - down 48 pounds in 6 weeks.

Be positive it will g

Happen ( ps - I thought they hadn't done the op too but by gum when I tried a thick purée I thought I was dying!!!

I think we all want to loose the weight as fast as possible. I'm 10 weeks post op and at times only loose a pound a week:-/ but I try to look at my total weight loss counting from my 2 week per op and that helps me to stay positive. I think we are scared to fail since we've failed before on other diets. It's very encouraging to hear from others who are 1 yr post op and share with us their fears when they too started this journey and are now a success. We will also achieve our goal with time.

WLS 03/22/13 HW 276(6 yrs ago) pre op weight 252 PSW 237 CW 203

Thank you for saying these words. I have been scared that it will fail. I'm 5 weeks out & have stalled for the last 2 weeks. I know this will work I just need to let it happen. Started soft foods so I know exercise will be in my future. Your post gives me hope that the weight will come off :)