Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

esophageal dysmotility

after three years and having tried everything the doc said if things don't improve this month the band has to come out and we're gonna do a revision to rny. im terrified of having my insides rearranged like that.and if the increased risk of complications and longer recovery...but i can ny stay like this either.i could use some encouragement.were gonna do it a year ago but the doc decided to empty the band and give it one more shot. it works for a while but now problems are back.im 28.

There is either remove it get gastric bypass or remove it and you take a chance of regaining and not losing weight. It's for the best unless you learn how to eat and know you won't regain if you don't have neither anymore. Me personally if god forbid WLS went wrong I know I will be fat again even though I now know how to eat but it's not the same knowing you can eat a cup of food due to WLS and over eating cuz you know you can since nothing is stopping you.

after three years and having tried everything the doc said if things don't improve this month the band has to come out and we're gonna do a revision to rny. im terrified of having my insides rearranged like that.and if the increased risk of complications and longer recovery...but i can ny stay like this either.i could use some encouragement.were gonna do it a year ago but the doc decided to empty the band and give it one more shot. it works for a while but now problems are back.im 28.

I am in the same boat as you, after three years band comes out the 23rd., then after the stomach heals we go back for bypass. But I am totally not going to worry, it is obvious there can be complications with any WLS but nothing the surgeons can't address. The biggest complication to me is not doing it, and the complications from obesity (dying from other complications that can't be handled as well)

. So if I can have it done at 71, you will definitely be okay just keep a positive attitude all will be well.

Agreed. The risk of living my life at 300 pounds and leaving my son motherless....I chose not to fret about risks associated with RNY, I educated myself well and put faith in my surgeon. All went well, it's been a piece of cake :)

I decided earlier this year to take mine out and revise due to recurring acid reflux and now intestinal metaplasia of my stomach. I too was / am scared but came to the conclusion it is the right decision for me after looking at a lot if peer reviewed studies regarding the pros and cons to the surgery. I wish you luck in your journey in discovering what is best for you. :)

The thing that's most comforting to me about RNY is that is has been done for so long. It is the tried and true method at this point. For 20 years (or so), for thousands and thousands of patients, its been successful. For weight loss, maintaining weight loss, and not having complications. Just remember that. :)

my doc told me risks of leaks are five times higher when deciding as opposed to doing any first time around. I also have small kids and little support system and as husband who is supportive but works in a grocery doc says a week until at least 8. I chose the band at first due to the short recovery time. I dunno how I'll manage a household after an rny.

I also know two people who nearly died from rny. One from infection, the other hemmoraged during the operation.so I'm freaked a little.

I'm seeing my surgeon June first at which point we will make a decision about whether to revise our not.

I also know two people who nearly died from rny. One from infection, the other hemmoraged during the operation.so I'm freaked a little.

But do you know that more people die from having their gallbladder removed than people who have WLS? This was brought up at the seminar I attended a couple of weeks ago by two of the three surgeons in the clinic I go to. Thought that was very interesting.

was up last might until five thirty am with bile and saliva coming jup in My throat every time i tried to doze off. I'm so so sick of dealing with these surprise lap band attacks.

was up last might until five thirty am with bile and saliva coming jup in My throat every time i tried to doze off. I'm so so sick of dealing with these surprise lap band attacks.

The last month or so before my band removal dido at a dozen times a night. The worst is when it comes out your nose. Man that burns!!!! FYI zero reflux in the 9 months since my band came out or the last three while I've had my RNY, it's awesome!!!

HW 312, pre-op (RNY) 255, current weight 214.6