Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

MAY 2013 POST-OP GROUP

Thank you! How are you doing?

WLS: 5/14/13- HW: 273 SW: 258 CW: 235 GW: 135

Ok, I guess. My surgery was 5-28 and I am down 25# since then, 36 total. Having an issue getting enough food in me. Funny, yesterday was my best day in terms of Protein (I got about 40 g, which is awesome for me) and today I have so much more energy and feel great. I guess low protein is why I have been so tired lately! I had called my Nut. She said if I don't eat enough I won't lose weight. So now my phone goes off every two hours and I make myself eat something with protein! Have a great day!

Just giving my fellow May Surgery peeps an update. I hope your all well! I'm down 38 lbs as of today. Yippee!

Looking good Debbie!

Looking good Debbie!

Thank you ! How are you doing? I hope your doing well. :) its so hard to get this Water in! Ughh!

My surgery was May 13th SW-258 1st weigh in- 228. GW- 150-160. Problem is, I am not able to keep much down. Nausea all the time, dumping & vomiting when I take my Vitamins. Can NOT drink any of the Protein Shakes, tried so many I could open a store. I can drink Water. Is anyone else having or had this issue? DR. is going to take a look on July 9th. My energy is very low. BUT TODAY I have not had to take anything for nausea & I had food. 1oz of chicken burger with cheese, 1 fork full of string Beans. No vitamins other than B-12 &D3. I started drinking Moringa tea & wow I even cleaned the house. Please help. Thanks

My surgery was May 13th SW-258 1st weigh in- 228. GW- 150-160. Problem is' date=' I am not able to keep much down. Nausea all the time, dumping & vomiting when I take my Vitamins. Can NOT drink any of the Protein Shakes, tried so many I could open a store. I can drink Water. Is anyone else having or had this issue? DR. is going to take a look on July 9th. My energy is very low. BUT TODAY I have not had to take anything for nausea & I had food. 1oz of chicken burger with cheese, 1 fork full of string Beans. No vitamins other than B-12 &D3. I started drinking Moringa tea & wow I even cleaned the house. Please help. Thanks[/quote']

Sorry your having issues! I had surgery May 17 th and I'm on soft foods and I haven't ran into anything that has made me sick! Very lucky I'm thinking! Started 266 lost 32 lbs before surgery now 217! Slow looser!!

Happy to hear your doing well Dawnolson. I've read so people have no issues & others do. I'm trying to stay positive and follow the program. Today I ate, it stayed with me & I'm happy about that.

Hey there! I had surgery May 8, and I'm down 38 pounds. I seem to be losing slowly, but at least it is pretty steady. I put on a smaller sized jeans today, and they seem a bit big! WHAT? I'm still wearing them because I like how it feels.

Happy to hear your doing well Dawnolson. I've read so people have no issues & others do. I'm trying to stay positive and follow the program. Today I ate' date=' it stayed with me & I'm happy about that.[/quote']

Thanks! I've been lucky I think!! Good that it stayed down! Yeah!

Hey there! I had surgery May 8' date=' and I'm down 38 pounds. I seem to be losing slowly, but at least it is pretty steady. I put on a smaller sized jeans today, and they seem a bit big! WHAT? I'm still wearing them because I like how it feels.[/quote']

LOL yes I like to wear some old bigger t shirts around the house to remind me where I was. Great stuff

Thank you ! How are you doing? I hope your doing well. :) its so hard to get this Water in! Ughh!

I'm doing well, haven't had any problems so far so that's a blessing. And I struggle getting water in as well since I've started on soft food. I went back to work 2 wks ago so I've been trying to juggle that as well as working out afterwards. This week has been a lot better though. My sw was 318 (5/20) and as of today I weight 283. So im happy and I hope your success continues!

Wow! I had kind of a stupidity day. First, I didn't have any Water until about 2 hours after getting up. I only had a bit of Protein for my first meal. By lunchtime, I was very hungry and ate too fast. Pain! Had to wait a half hour for pain to subside, so i had a little water then. I felt better so I went outside to mow the lawn and got overheated AND dehydrated. Came inside for a cold shower, and I just felt awful. THE GOOD NEWS: I made myself slow down, drink a shake and took my Vitamins. I rested and then had a half cup of chili on schedule. I am feeling better. What did I learn from this? My body needs TLC, not more abuse. I need to follow my doctor's directions and take care of myself.

Wow 4 weeks out and have gained 3 lb I know not a lot but stil a little disheartening :(

Having a not so great day. Had surgery May 31st. Lost 22 lbs and 5inches at my appointment last week. I should feel great, but I am getting so stressed. I haven't lost one pound since June 14th. I had some complications following surgery and ended up with a blood clot to my lung. Feeling better from that now, but am still told to take it easy and doing only 20 minutes walking with 15 minutes of weights every other day...very week most days by the time I get home from work. My husband is very supportive but if I hear "oh, you will be alright" one more time I think I will throw up! I am trying to stay off the scales but at times I am almost obsessed with that number needing to drop on the scales. Ok..enough venting for now.