Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Moms giving me cold feet

Totally agree on research, research, research and then research some more. With that being said your research shouldn't be confined to the lap band forum, the RNY forum, nor the Sleeve forum and please don't get me wrong these are all good sites good information. Check mayo Clinic, Duke University, Cleveland Clinic, UCLA, and the list goes on as these where the research is being done. I found a good one at WebMD. I thought three years ago I was doing the right thing. Went on the advice of my cardiologist about getting a lap band. Went to the seminar and that doctor convinced me the lap band was the way to go, so I did. It could be taken out, surgery and recovery wasn't as long and I thought there weren't as many problems. Didn't actually do the reseach, and now like a number of us on this site, we will have had or will have to have two surgeries, and some three because what we had done has failed. So do your research. I wish I had.

Totally agree on research' date=' research, research and then research some more. With that being said your research shouldn't be confined to the lap band forum, the RNY forum, nor the Sleeve forum and please don't get me wrong these are all good sites good information. Check mayo Clinic, Duke University, Cleveland Clinic, UCLA, and the list goes on as these where the research is being done. I found a good one at WebMD. I thought three years ago I was doing the right thing. Went on the advice of my cardiologist about getting a lap band. Went to the seminar and that doctor convinced me the lap band was the way to go, so I did. It could be taken out, surgery and recovery wasn't as long and I thought there weren't as many problems. Didn't actually do the reseach, and now like a number of us on this site, we will have had or will have to have two surgeries, and some three because what we had done has failed. So do your research. I wish I had.[/quote']

I've been researching everything. And will continue to research!! Lol I have a long ways to go but for the past 2 weeks I live breath and talk GBP.

You'll know more after your seminar but I was told women with PCOS and diabetes would not be candidates for lap band. Both are already issue with metabolic breakdown of food and the band does nothing to fix that issue. It will be interesting to see what you are told. Good luck tomorrow.

I've been researching everything. And will continue to research!! Lol I have a long ways to go but for the past 2 weeks I live breath and talk GBP.

I think most if us do that at some point during the process ....i watched youtube any chance i got and read every website lol

Had I done the research three years ago and known then what I know now, I would have never done the band. And I haven't had a bit of problems, not even now, knowing it has slipped. All I know is that I could have avoided another surgery because it has to come out now. My decision isn't based on other people and what they have gone through, but multiple people in controlled research studies around the world which definitely is showing that the band isn't all that it is cracked up to be on several points, including the failure percentage. There isn't enough clinical research on the sleeve yet as it is still too new, but the Bypass is the leader, hands down, as they have been doing the research on it and comparing it to the other two, but they do say the sleeve is too new to really get the valuable information, but it isn't looking that good either with what they know. That was my turning point to go with bypass.

FYI.... Not everyone will dump! But the size of your pouch will greatly limit your intake.

Really???? Oh wow, I've not heard that until now. I do know all the people I know that has had RNY does dump. But the surgeon hasn't told me some don't, maybe that's his way to keep me on track making me think before I think of pushing my limit. lol I don't know.

This might be a bad thing to say, but I hope I'm one that will dump.

Really???? Oh wow, I've not heard that until now. I do know all the people I know that has had RNY does dump. But the surgeon hasn't told me some don't, maybe that's his way to keep me on track making me think before I think of pushing my limit. lol I don't know.

This might be a bad thing to say, but I hope I'm one that will dump.

D Jordan to your reply just want to warn you to always be prepared i.e. clean clothing always with you if you are out an about. Dumping will come on fast, when least expected, and a restroom might not near enough. As the saying goes, watch what you wish for as it might come true. Been there done that.

D Jordan to your reply just want to warn you to always be prepared i.e. clean clothing always with you if you are out an about. Dumping will come on fast' date=' when least expected, and a restroom might not near enough. As the saying goes, watch what you wish for as it might come true. Been there done that.[/quote']

Ive asked a few people about this because one person told me (that has had bypass along time ago that hates it) that im gonna literally sh*t myself so when ive asked others they all say you'll get warnings that your gonna have diarrhea just like you do before surgery

My mom has been doing the same thing, and it scares me, but I've been seeing too much positive that I can't say no! Good luck!

My mom has been doing the same thing' date=' and it scares me, but I've been seeing too much positive that I can't say no! Good luck![/quote']

Thank you! She attended the seminar with me.. She's defiantly changed her toon

My mom has been doing the same thing' date=' and it scares me, but I've been seeing too much positive that I can't say no! Good luck![/quote']

Tune*

Went to a seminar last night, not that I needed to attend, just wanted to hear more information and answers to questions that were asked. My bariatic center actually does all three surgeries, but the first out of the box was RNY, lap band came second, sleeve came third. What the one doctor said that the RNY is considered the "Gold Standard" of bariatic surgery, as it has the longest history and a proven path. Just an FYI.

The band is for the bees. It's getting pushed to the sidelines. Surgeons don't even want to do them anymore. The sleeve and rny are the top choices

Thank you! She attended the seminar with me.. She's defiantly changed her toon

So glad it worked im sure she is only concerned and looking out for you so its nice that your in the same page now :)

Very nice indeed! She's even helping me cover some of the out of pocket expenses as I am not able work full time right now and not able to afford anything out of necessity!