Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks out and gulping

Hi all, I am almost 2 weeks out of surgery and I find that I am able to drink protien shakes and Soups etc, the same way I was before I was banded. I'm not as cautious on the sip sip sip. cause I can gulp, gulp gulp. With no adverse reaction.

Is everyone else like this until their fill or am I unique?

I am having the same problem. I am trying really hard to still sip though becasue I want to be in the habit of doing it after my first fill.

We were banded the same day, and I'm in the same boat. My follow up isn't until Feb. 26, but I was thinking about calling to ask if this is normal...

I had a follow up on Monday and it is normal. The swelling around your band has gone down now and you have no restirction. The doc said the very earliest he would fill me was at 4 weeks.

babygirl & travelgirl:

Thats crazy, we were all banded around the same time, all experiencing banding hunger. and seems like we've all lost the same amount of weight. Which I'm sorry to say, my scale hasn't moved any in the past few days!!!

I go to the doc on Monday, lets see what he says about fills.

I will keep you guys updated.

For now what are you guys eating? I;m still on liquids.

Isopure and chicken broth (and I'm getting extremely tempted)(with everything:hungry:

I am not wieghing until tomorrow as Monday is my wiegh in day. I do not have a scale at my house because I would drive myself nuts on it. I have had a little bit of solid food. Mostly in the form of very mushy Soups. I have also had some chili blended down with a little Water until it would be drinkable through a straw (but I don't use the straw) which is very satisfying. I have also had cream of wheat and hot oat bran watered down a bit. Yogurt, cottage cheese., pretty much any full liquid. One thing is for sure though that even though I am hungry and will be until I get a fill, I cannot eat the massive volume of foods I could before. I get full and it does hurt. I have has to measure my food to make sure I don't get that nasty pain of feeling full.

Oh and I have the Isopure too.

Ready to Lose,

Here are some of my very favorite things right now: :hungry:

Campbell's Soup at hand Velvety Potato with a bit of shredded cheddar cheese melted in it...mmmmmm!

1/2 cup cottage cheese blended with 1 cup Tomato juice until smooth....(lots of protein)

Watered down cream of wheat or malt-o-meal

Campbell's Golden Butternut Squash Restaurant quality Soup

I had some runny mashed potatoes and brown gravy last night, and afterwards I didn't feel that great. I don't know if I ate too much of it, or if it just didn't sit well.:speechles

I did find out that I'm diabetic a few days before surgery, so I can't wait to move to some foods that are lower in carbs.

This thread was such a lifesaver for me when I was recovering that first week. I could come on here and see that there were others that felt exactly the same way I was feeling, and that gave me such comfort, and hope, because there were people who had their surgery just a few days before me, and they had felt the same way, and were past it already... Such a relief to know that everything I was going through was "normal"!!

:clap2:

I don't mean to hijact the thread but I'm just wondering about these Campbells Soups. To be honest, I don't like regular Campbells Soup much at all, or even "Campbell's Select". I find the Progresso and other brands much better. Yes, Progresso and other brands are a little more expensive, but since I now eat so little it seems OK. Are these Campbells Soups you are mentioning better than regular Campbells? Should I give them a try? (Soup at Hand, Restaurant Quality? etc) Thanks

I might be the wrong person to ask, as I really HATE Soup from a can. HOWEVER....The Campbell's Restaurant quality Soups are the "Select" line of soups. The only one I can stand is the Golden Butternut Squash one. The rest are not up my alley.

The same applies to the Soup at Hand, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Velvety Potato, and I always put a little shredded cheddar in it....Otherwise, they're pretty much not my thing. Those just happen to be the ones that I personally have been living on for the past week... But only because I had to go back to work, and haven't had time to make my own homemade soups.

I will be making a few different soups this weekend, to get me through the next week, until I can move on to mushies....

AND, all that being said, I doubt very much if I continue to buy them once I'm past the full liquids phase of my diet, with very few exceptions, partly because they don't keep me feeling full very long, and partly because I can do better than that!

Cheers!! :)

I'm not banded yet, but from what I've read, you won't have restriction until the first fill because there is nada in your band!

from what I see around here, lots of people don't get any restriction until after the first fill.

That seems about right from my experience so far!