Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello! My surgery date is May 8th. Im excited but super nervous. Anyway, what did everyone do about all the extra skin? I can not afford any kind of cosmetic surgery afterwards. Just wondering what everyone is doing about it. Thanks! :-)

So far no extra skin and it doesn't look like I will have much.. Have lost over 50 pounds and still have around 40 to go.

Well that's good to hear! I hope I won't have much either. :-)

If your insurance is going to cover the procedure, sometimes they will cover limited skin removal as well. Most times, they will only cover a certain area of the body or certain type of skin removal procedure. If they're willing to cover the bypass, in sure they would be willing to cover at least your stomach skin, which when it starts to fold, may get rashes and weep.

Hello! My surgery date is May 8th. Im excited but super nervous. Anyway' date=' what did everyone do about all the extra skin? I can not afford any kind of cosmetic surgery afterwards. Just wondering what everyone is doing about it. Thanks! :-)[/quote']

If I have it, I have it. I, too cannot afford cosmetic surgery either. Way I look at it is I'd rather have 20 lbs of extra skin than 125 lbs of extra fat. By the way, my surgery is May 15th.

If I have it' date=' I have it. I, too cannot afford cosmetic surgery either. Way I look at it is I'd rather have 20 lbs of extra skin than 125 lbs of extra fat. By the way, my surgery is May 15th.[/quote']

Same here. The lesser of two evils.

I'm down about 150 pounds starting to get all kinds of saggy skin...

Zeroette may I ask your starting weight and when u had everything done I'm so nervous

Zeroette may I ask your starting weight and when u had everything done I'm so nervous

I was probably about 465 at my heaviest. I started dieting and going to a weight loss doctor and got down to 398 day of sugery. Today I am 290.

I have some loose skin now that I have hit my goal weight. I am still loosing weight slowly. Mine is in my stomach and boobs. My boobs look like deflated Water balloons. I started out as a 42F and I am now a 34C. The other place I have loose skin is my stomach.

The key is to get in the gym ASAP and start concentrating in those loose skin areas. I think that is how I have kept the loose skin to a minimum.

I'm 10 months post up 34 years young & I started at 211 I'm at under goal weight 115 (goal weight i wanted was 125)... I rather be slim then a large woman but most important I didn't lose weight to look worst then ever either. Even if it takes me 2 years I'm saving my money & going under the knife why??????

I don't show off my arms I don't want to see bat wings.

I wear a silicone butt panties over 12 hours a day. I have a flat butt with out it.

My tummy is actually flat but it's wrinkly & saggy

My boobs from a 40 D to a 34C deflated & not sexy but I wear a push up bra that makes me look & feel good.

Thigh is saggy but not so bad. If I'm dress no one see my ugly body.

Can I live like this? Nope unfortunately I do want to feel good about my body. I want to wear a bikini. My lingerie to look good on me not only wow! I'm a size small it fits. I will not be 100 percent happy until I have 35,000 to have all these procedure done.

I understand what you mean as well, Mami. Today was a bad day for me. I had a family member talking to me about exercising is more important than weight loss cause I don't want excess, sagging skin, blah, blah, blah....I'm like you're preaching to the choir, dude. (he's never had these problems but claims to know it all because he has a friend who had it done) sometimes family can be your worst critic, I tell ya, smh...anyway, obviously I don't want loose skin but I can't do anything about it yet because due to complications I need to be cleared by my doctors in order to start physical therapy. For the past 4-5 months I've been unable to exercise due to illness so it's extremely frustrating. I went shopping today and noticed flabby arms, thighs and a wrinkly stomach...I was disgusted with myself. I've lost over 70 pounds was feeling good about but this really lowered my morale. My breasts are also smaller and sagging now. My backside is gone. I cannot afford plastic surgery plus I'm afraid to go under the knife again. Even my double chin hasn't disappeared and it seems as the skin on my face is loosening and I still feel like it's a fat face. I feel really horrible right now. To go through so much for this is depressing. I'm hoping and praying that exercise will work for me in these problem areas because I do not want to continue hiding under my clothes for the rest of my life. It's not like I plan to expose myself, but I'd like to be okay with who I see in the mirror for once.

Sorry everyone, had to vent.

I understand what you mean as well' date=' Mami. Today was a bad day for me. I had a family member talking to me about exercising is more important than weight loss cause I don't want excess, sagging skin, blah, blah, blah....I'm like you're preaching to the choir, dude. (he's never had these problems but claims to know it all because he has a friend who had it done) sometimes family can be your worst critic, I tell ya, smh...anyway, obviously I don't want loose skin but I can't do anything about it yet because due to complications I need to be cleared by my doctors in order to start physical therapy. For the past 4-5 months I've been unable to exercise due to illness so it's extremely frustrating. I went shopping today and noticed flabby arms, thighs and a wrinkly stomach...I was disgusted with myself. I've lost over 70 pounds was feeling good about but this really lowered my morale. My breasts are also smaller and sagging now. My backside is gone. I cannot afford plastic surgery plus I'm afraid to go under the knife again. Even my double chin hasn't disappeared and it seems as the skin on my face is loosening and I still feel like it's a fat face. I feel really horrible right now. To go through so much for this is depressing. I'm hoping and praying that exercise will work for me in these problem areas because I do not want to continue hiding under my clothes for the rest of my life. It's not like I plan to expose myself, but I'd like to be okay with who I see in the mirror for once.

Sorry everyone, had to vent.[/quote']

Everything you describe is just like me. I feel the same way. Trust me I'm not rich nor I have it like that. The most I would spend money on is food but since I been approve for snaps I don't spend my cash on food. I get 2 checks a month I make money selling milk I get money weekly for feeding my husband older adult son & I cash bottles every Friday. I'm stretching everything. It's not easy at all but if I want this surgery bad enough I have to budget & save it all so I can have it my way.

Even though I'm afraid of getting surgery again, if after exercise I still don't see change, I might do the same & start saving...

Save as much as toucan even if it takes a few years I feel it's worth it.