Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was February 4 and as of the last Few days I've been having serious hunger pangs. And it's not just my brain, I'm actually hungry, like I can't wait the 4 or so hours inbetween eating. Am I doing something wrong??

Original weight 298, Pre Op 273, Current 231.5 GW 160.

I asked my doctor yesterday how long it takes for the pouch to empty and he said from 2-3 hrs depending on what you ate, so it is normal to be hungry in less than 4 hours. I typically have CHOBANI yogurts as "snacks" which I also consider one of my 5 meals, you should try them, they are really good and high in Protein.< /span>

My surgery was February 4 and as of the last Few days I've been having serious hunger pangs. And it's not just my brain' date=' I'm actually hungry, like I can't wait the 4 or so hours inbetween eating. Am I doing something wrong??

Original weight 298, Pre Op 273, Current 231.5 GW 160.[/quote']

Must have something to do with being 2 months out because I'm experiencing hunger pangs as well. I have a 45 minute drive home after work and am starving when I get home. A few almonds don't do the trick anymore.

Ugh thank god, I was ready to cry thinking I stretched it out already.

Original weight 298, Pre Op 273, Current 229 GW 160.

girl how many Protein grams are you getting a day? What you just listed doesnt seem like enough. Protein helps you feel fuller. Baby bel lights, rotiserrie chicken, greek yogurts. All great sources of protein that should help you feel full. I eat every 3 hours. Small something that is high in protein. 14 months out and average 1000 cal a day but about 75-90 g of protein.

Gosh by what you listed it doesnt seem like that much. might want to try denser Protein to help the fullness level.

My thing is I feel so guilty when I actually eat, I'm just confused

Protein dense foods contain greater amounts of protein in grams versus other nutrient components, namely fat and carbohydrate. meats such as lean beef, chicken, lamb and turkey are protein dense. There are also protein dense foods that come from plant sources including nuts, nut butters, seeds, Beans and tofu. Fish is high in protein, and along with nuts, also contains healthy fats. Switching from a diet high in carbohydrates to one that focuses more on protein intake can be beneficial for weight loss. Many high protein foods have fewer calories than high carbohydrate foods, leading to a lower daily caloric intake. Protein also takes more time to digest so it causes you to feel fuller longer. Protein is an essential nutrient for building muscle mass. Each time we exercise we damage muscle fibers. The amino acids in protein allow the body to repair and build cells. This repairing and rebuilding is what allows muscles to maintain and grow in size and strength. Including more protein dense foods from plant sources is a healthy way to get necessary protein and improve health. Nuts such as cashews, pecans and peanuts, and seeds such as pumpkin and sunflower are great to snack on throughout the day. They add more protein to your diet, and instead of unhealthy saturated fat that accompanies many protein dense meats, they contain polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fatty acids, both which can reduce the risk of heart disease. Polyunsaturated fats can lower total cholesterol--both HDL (good) and LDL (bad). Monounsaturated fats can lower total cholesterol and LDL, but raise HDL. High-Protein Foods Photo © Malcolm Romain Ads Lose Belly Fat Naturally www.RealDose.com/Weight-Loss 3 sneaky hormones that are making you fat & how to stop them now. Foods To Avoid With Diabetes HealthStyleFoods.com Great help with foods to avoid with diabetes Learn about diabetic recipes here. List of High-Protein Foods and Amount of Protein in Each Foods High in Protein By Laura Dolson, About.com Guide Shortcut: An ounce of meat or fish has approximately 7 grams of protein. Beef Hamburger patty, 4 oz – 28 grams protein Steak, 6 oz – 42 grams Most cuts of beef – 7 grams of protein per ounce Chicken Chicken breast, 3.5 oz - 30 grams protein Chicken thigh – 10 grams (for average size) Drumstick – 11 grams Wing – 6 grams Chicken meat, cooked, 4 oz – 35 grams Fish Most fish fillets or steaks are about 22 grams of protein for 3 ½ oz (100 grams) of cooked fish, or 6 grams per ounce tuna, 6 oz can - 40 grams of protein Pork Pork chop, average - 22 grams protein Pork loin or tenderloin, 4 oz – 29 grams Ham, 3 oz serving – 19 grams Ground pork, 1 oz raw – 5 grams; 3 oz cooked – 22 grams Bacon, 1 slice – 3 grams Canadian-style bacon (back bacon), slice – 5 – 6 grams eggs and Dairy Egg, large - 6 grams protein Milk, 1 cup - 8 grams Cottage cheese, ½ cup - 15 grams Yogurt, 1 cup – usually 8-12 grams, check label Soft cheeses (Mozzarella, Brie, Camembert) – 6 grams per oz Medium cheeses (Cheddar, Swiss) – 7 or 8 grams per oz Hard cheeses (Parmesan) – 10 grams per oz Beans (including soy) Tofu, ½ cup 20 grams protein Tofu, 1 oz, 2.3 grams Soy milk, 1 cup - 6 -10 grams Most beans (black, pinto, lentils, etc) about 7-10 grams protein per half cup of cooked beans Soy beans, ½ cup cooked – 14 grams protein Split peas, ½ cup cooked – 8 grams Nuts and Seeds Peanut Butter, 2 Tablespoons - 8 grams protein Almonds, ¼ cup – 8 grams Peanuts, ¼ cup – 9 grams Cashews, ¼ cup – 5 grams Pecans, ¼ cup – 2.5 grams Sunflower seeds, ¼ cup – 6 grams Pumpkin seeds, ¼ cup – 8 grams Flax seeds – ¼ cup – 8 grams

I think it's harder for me cos I don't really cook alot, and I'm not really a fan of cottage cheese or Beans or stuff like that, that's how I got big I just like processed stuff. I love eating at subway and stuff like that. I just am not the best at cooking so I'm finding it hard to eat fresh things. Love eating fruit and drinking either milk/water though.

Then might I suggest a nutritionist if you aren't seeing one already. I don't know what to tell you to eat. Sometimes we have to put forth effort on doing stuff we don't like to do to get the end result we want

I am 4 months out and I struggle with meal planning too. I cannot eat early in the morning so I have a Protein Shake (30g) for Breakfast and then I have a Protein bar(20g) during the day as well as greek yogurt, I will fix a spinach leaf salad with chicken strips for lunch and then measure out chicken or beef for dinner. Its been really hard for me because these are things I never would have eaten before and I have had to experiment a lot!! I do get hunger pains and when I eat those high protein foods it really helps with the hunger. Try some new things and see how you do- I was very scared to try new foods after my surgery once I could 'eat' again but I'm glad I did.

I asked my doctor yesterday how long it takes for the pouch to empty and he said from 2-3 hrs depending on what you ate' date=' so it is normal to be hungry in less than 4 hours. I typically have CHOBANI yogurts as "snacks" which I also consider one of my 5 meals, you should try them, they are really good and high in Protein.[/quote']

Love Chobani! I eat it all the time (I'm pre-op). You can mix unflavored Protein to it to help meet your protein requirements. Or so I've been told.