Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Water/beverages

Hey, my name is Kim and I am so new to all of this, I am in the mid stages of being approved! Have had all testing done, I've meet with my nutritionist, and the psych evals! Anyway, back to my question, I am ok with the post diet and the Protein, and the foods. But what concerns me the most is the liquids...I drink probably 200 oz of Fluid a day...water, crystal light, etc.....before lunch I've usually downed at least 60-70 oz. the nutritionist and my health coach have been telling me to start sipping and not drinking with meals to prepare! I was wondering if anyone else drinks a lot of fluids and how they coped!!! I feel like I'm drying up if I don't have a drink near by!!! Any words of advice, encouragement would be so appreciated:)

Kim

You get used to it. I can't drink & eat anymore. I'm 10 months post up

Actually, it probably helps that you're constantly drinking fluids now because you will be post op too! It was a huge adjustment to make drinking and eating two very separate activities, but if i can make that adjustment, anyone can! I'm basically glued to my water bottle throughout the day. You have a leg up because it seems like you already are doing that. You'll just be able to get less Fluid in, overall... Good luck!! :)

I have the same issue with drinking alot. I drink 130oz of Water everyday and probably more on this pre opt diet. I am always thirsty. I am worried about not being able to drink much Water or drinking too much too fast.

surgery date: May 14

Can you use crushed ice as a source of Water so u aren't drinking so fast?

Can you use crushed ice as a source of Water so u aren't drinking so fast?

Im going to have to try the ice thing post opt. How is everyone doing on the pre opt. Almost through day 4 and still starving most of the day. I'm craving coke zero. I don't want sweets just anything other than what I'm allowed. I really bore it gets better.

Meant to say. .Hope it gets better

I'm 3 days post op and have a question....do the sugar free popsicles or sugar free Jello count towards your liquid consumption? For instance, if you have a 6 oz popsicle, does that count towards your Water? ?? I'm having a tough time with the water. I got in all 3 Protein Shakes yesterday but only 30 oz of water. help!!!

I'm 3 days post op and have a question....do the sugar free popsicles or sugar free Jello count towards your liquid consumption? For instance' date=' if you have a 6 oz popsicle, does that count towards your Water??? I'm having a tough time with the Water. I got in all 3 Protein shakes yesterday but only 30 oz of water. help!!![/quote']

My surgeon said they count towards liquid. I'm pre op but counting them as liquid since they do hydrate you.

I had to up liquids slowly because I'm not a big drinker. Sad thing is that the only time I really drink a lot is when I eat! This is hard for me and one I have to really start working on. But I am doing way better on getting my Fluid in at least.

I'm 3 days post op and have a question....do the sugar free popsicles or sugar free Jello count towards your liquid consumption? For instance, if you have a 6 oz popsicle, does that count towards your Water? ?? I'm having a tough time with the water. I got in all 3 Protein Shakes yesterday but only 30 oz of water. help!!!

Your Protein shakes count has your liquid too. Yes popsicles, broth and jello count as liquids.< /p>

Anyone found a good non sweet caffeine free tea? I'm not a sweet fan and fruit flavors I.e.,crystal light is getting old. Just want something besides plain water...

I bought kids sippy cups to help me slow down when I'm drinking. I actually found one that looks like a coffee mug so I'm not walking around with a Dora the explorer cup. Lol. Also when I'm trying not to drink before and after eating I put my Water in the fridge while I'm preparing my meal and then I usually save something really moist for my last bite like a piece of fruit or a cucumber from my salad. Then I clean up and try to do other things to keep my mind off of it.

Anyone found a good non sweet caffeine free tea? I'm not a sweet fan and fruit flavors I.e.' date='crystal light is getting old. Just want something besides plain Water...[/quote']

Make your own with Decaf tea bags. You could brew a single cup or a whole pitcher and sweeten to taste with spend a or whatever.