Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

EGADS WHEN can i SHOWER?

This topic should be covered in your discharge papers. Usually, like everyone else already said, you can shower pretty much right away. Just no baths.

This topic should be covered in your discharge papers. Usually, like everyone else already said, you can shower pretty much right away. Just no baths.

A lot of stuff on this particular forum was covered in our discharge papers. I think sometimes people like to just vent or receive support that they are doing the right thing. :confused:

And everyone receives different instructions, too; sometimes it's interesting to hear the instructions of other people's doctors.

"hey all!

this is another question i should have asked while i was there, but of course i didnt.

When can we take a shower??? Do we change bandages or just leave the ones the dr put on..on?

can anyone advise?"

um, yeah as i said in the original post, i forgot to ask. I did this by myself and didnt have someone to hold important papers or whatever. Ive asked my surgeon since then though and have it covered.

Thanks for degrading the question and making me feel stupid though...truely appreciated. Im so glad you know everything there is to know about the surgery, preop and post op. I bet since you know so much the only reason you lurk the boards is to help poor stupid people such as myself stumble through the process. How wonderful!

Thanks for degrading the question and making me feel stupid though...truely appreciated. Im so glad you know everything there is to know about the surgery, preop and post op. I bet since you know so much the only reason you lurk the boards is to help poor stupid people such as myself stumble through the process. How wonderful!

Is this directed at someone in particular, or everyone who answered your question?

There are so many people on this board, you are bound to get the same answer over and over sometimes. Actually, everyone's answer was just slightly different :girl_hug:

it was directed at the two posts prior to mine.

I didnt recieve any "discharge papers" that had this info on it, and as typed and repeated in the original post, id forgot to ask. I was grateful for the supportive posts that came after and we even had a snicker or two, but some people seem to forget this is a SUPPORT board.

Well I apologize if I offended you. I felt QT's post was a bit tactless and was just trying to lighten the thread. I guess my response was misunderstood. I really was trying to be supportive though.

:girl_hug:

It's that whole "tone" thing...doesn't come across online. Going back and re-reading it, I can see where you were coming from.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to misunderstand someone online. Hence the reason we have emotes. :biggrin1:

I admit though that I didn't take into consideration that the discharge papers simply did not give bathing/shower instructions (this wasn't stated in the original post, only that the poster "forgot to ask").

I was providing other reasons why people ask questions, and I forgot that reason, so I felt the need to apologize.

man its cool. thanks for going the extra step in not to affend. we are cool.

in all fairness to you, I had a two week stretch that has left me a bit sensitive, Lets just shower and go to the next bit of post op goodness.

and for real..i didnt get discharge instructions. I didnt have my surgery at a hospital, but a surgical center. I did see my surgeon at the two week mark. Hes quite wonderful. answers his own emails too! isnt that somethin?