Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2013 Post-Op Group

I'm having trouble getting motivated to drink my Protein shakes! They are really grossing me out. Also' date=' I have yet to do a chewable Vitamin. Hated them since I was a kid. Help!!

HW 296 - SW 266.3 - CW ???[/quote']

Check out www.milestogo.com. They have some great looking shake recipes there.

This is my biggest fear for post surgery! I have plans for how I will get in my Protein and things that I will eat' date=' like cottage cheese. What if after surgery, I hate the taste of everything I like now![/quote']

For me, its mostly the sweeter or sour tasting things.. I haven't tried any cottage cheese..yet. chicken broth was still okay :-) i'm still drinking everything, even though my doctor said mushed foods (like cottage cheese) would be fine.

I'm having trouble getting motivated to drink my Protein shakes! They are really grossing me out. Also' date=' I have yet to do a chewable Vitamin. Hated them since I was a kid. Help!!

My surgeon wants me to wait a week before getting back on any Vitamins and pills and stuff! They want to focus on eating but mostly drinking fluids!

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

Congrats to all the peeps that have had surgery. Sounds like everyone's has gone well. Mine is Monday morning. I have to be there by 5am. I'm so excited and can't wait to be on this side.

Congrats to all the peeps that have had surgery. Sounds like everyone's has gone well. Mine is Monday morning. I have to be there by 5am. I'm so excited and can't wait to be on this side.

I'm praying it goes well for you! Get your rest while in the hospital

My surgeon wants me to wait a week before getting back on any Vitamins and pills and stuff! They want to focus on eating but mostly drinking fluids!

It's interesting how different docs give such different advice isn't it? I'm supposed to be on Clear liquids plus Protein shakes and Vitamins from the day I was discharged, then starting soft Proteins day 8. I think tomorrow I'm going to try to mix my shake with soy or skim milk a day early though because the taste is killing me! I don't think a day is going to make a huge difference. I'm getting all of my liquids in no problem. Have since day 1 so I've been lucky I guess!

HW 296 - SW 266.3 - CW ???

Yeah I am on soft foods which is stage 3. They started feeding me in the hospital this morning! Started with scrambled eggs and yogurt. Then lunch was egg salad and mashed potatoes and a little gravy to make sure they were moist. And at home I got some butter bean and couscous. No more then a medicine cup of each. But I didn't finish most of it. I guess each doc has their success in different ways. So they have to do what they know works for there patience.

It's interesting how different docs give such different advice isn't it? I'm supposed to be on Clear Liquids plus Protein shakes and Vitamins from the day I was discharged' date=' then starting soft Proteins day 8. I think tomorrow I'm going to try to mix my shake with soy or skim milk a day early though because the taste is killing me! I don't think a day is going to make a huge difference. I'm getting all of my liquids in no problem. Have since day 1 so I've been lucky I guess!

Mine has me startung viatims week 2. Week 1 just Protein Shakes and Water. Week 2-4ish clear liquids and 4-6 soft stage 2

They're the worst and I don't know what to do!!!

But I found this which looks promising: http://www.celebratevitamins.com/shop/multivitamin.html

I got the Celebrate Vitamins and they're not bad. My Multivitamin is strawberry pineapple. Calcium is cherry, Iron is grape. they taste good on their own, but when you take one after the other they can get kinda gross. Can you call them and get some samples maybe?

I got the Celebrate Vitamins and they're not bad. My Multivitamin is strawberry pineapple. Calcium is cherry' date=' Iron is grape. they taste good on their own, but when you take one after the other they can get kinda gross. Can you call them and get some samples maybe?[/quote']

They had capsules listed on there so I bought those. Apparently they're made specifically not to irritate your pouch. Fingers crossed :)

Omggggg I have been drinking lean shake 25 from GNC for my Protein supplements, and I have been using 1 scoop. Just realized the serving size is actually two scoops. That'll teach me to start reading labels! Hope I didn't ruin everything with my progress this week...

Hi everyone. This is 4th day post-op and I still feel uncomfortable, stomach upset, feel pain at times when drinking. I am moving around better this morning but not up to getting outside. Is this normal?

Had my surgery on Friday...anyone noticing word body temperature Ups and downs? Hot/cold? No fever...could be that I started my period... Its just strange...

Had my surgery on Friday...anyone noticing word body temperature Ups and downs? Hot/cold? No fever...could be that I started my period... Its just strange...

That happens its a side effect to all the meds they pumped you full of at surgery it takes I few days to get worked out of your system

Omggggg I have been drinking lean shake 25 from GNC for my Protein supplements' date=' and I have been using 1 scoop. Just realized the serving size is actually two scoops. That'll teach me to start reading labels! Hope I didn't ruin everything with my progress this week...

I'm sure your doing fine! :) this is a learning process for us all! I'll make sure to check mine when the time comes! LOL