Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days of liquids and ready to snap

Okay so I have had nothing but broth, cyrstal light and Jello for the last 6 days and I am ready to lose it. I knew what I was getting myself into, this is no surprise, I guess I never thought it would be so hard. I just want to eat something, but I know that I can't, it's not even an option.

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow so I'm going to ask him if I can start eatting yogurt or apple sauce, or at least protien shakes, I am so weak. I need some food I can live on. I know I'm just ranting, but does anyone have a tool for this problem? Some thing to think about, something to do, some thing to drink or put in my mouth when my stomach starts to rumble and I start to bug out?

I know that in a couple days or a week or so I'll be laughing that I was such a wimp at day 6 but for right now my hunger pains are really and so are my mood swings.

Sounds like you are in the midst of bandster hell- its really tough but jsut try and think how each really long tough day, is one day closer to your final goal! Its a great Idea to talk to your Dr, he may approve some changes- if you don't ask- you don't get!

Good Luck- even if he doesn't approve the changes, this will not last forever!!

I am in teh same boat.. I'm going to my doc to talk to him on Friday about this. If I look at one more can o broth..I might go insane..my dog's food starting to look tempting!! HAHA I had to boost up my Protein intake to stop from feeling so weak. I drink as many of those Special K protein waters as I can, and it helps, try those

Even on the clear liquid diet I was supposed to have Protein shakes. I would drink Water in the morning and then grab an Atkins shake mid-morning. I had a lot of the good, organic chicken broth. Heat seemed to help the hunger. I bought really nice teas, too. Another atkins later on, and more broth. After about 12 days post-op I went crazy and blended up slightly heartier Soups so they were liquidy. (get a magic bullet!)

I just had my first fill and am supposed to do the SFCL diet again for 48 hours. I have used the Isopure liquid Protein drinks from GNC (40 grams of protein!) and had Soup for lunch and dinner.

It's not easy, but it will get easier. Your body is releasing it's hold on sugar, too. That made me pretty hungry. And the loss of caffeine didn't help, although it's actually supposed to be better without the stimulant.

And yes, GNC and stores like it have the clear Protein powders to mix with the fluids. No flavor or with flavors.

You'll be OK. Just keep thinking of the skinnier you!

It really seems different drs have different post op rules. I was on liquid for 4 weeks post op but it included Protein Shakes etc. Watered down split pea Soup, watered oatmeal, sugar-free popsicles and Jello were fine too. Also instant cr. of chix soup mixed with 1 scoop Protein Powder wasn't bad either - I wonder if you can have those too????

poor you i know just how you feel im 14days banded and fed up with Soup !! try chewing some food and spiting it out i know it sounds crazy but just the chewing really has helped me good luck

sammy uk

I am 13 days postop now. I actually did go insane (ask my family). I was so sick and flipping tired of fruity drinks, Jello, popsicles, and broth. I thought I would barf any second. When do you get to move to full liquids and out of clear liquids? (My full liquids started day 7 and consists of creamed Soups, oatmeal, cream of wheat, milk, Protein shakes, etc.) When I started my full liquids, I was a new person. Who would of thought how fabulous a bowl of cream of wheat could taste??? LOL. I start mushie/blenderized foods tomorrow. I am pumped!

It feels like you won't survive this phase and you are probably thinking you made a mistake, but you have not. It will be over before you know it. I know that does not help now cuz you are probably about to start eating anything with some consistency to it even if it's not edible. Hang in there!

Hugs,

Lucy

Chewing the food and spitting it out! What a great idea. I never thought of that. Thanks.

I am on my way to get a candy bar. Just kidding.

Really, this is a super idea though. I bet it does help tons. :)

Lucy

Oh girl..I know exactly what you are feeling! I just got off 2 weeks of nothing but clear..broth, popsicles, and crystal light. I did call my doc about 8 days into it and asked for some cream Soup. She told me that she couldn't tell me what to eat, but that I was on the clear for a reason...to heal. My stomach could spasm and cause a slip. That's all I needed to hear. I stuck to the clears for the full 2 weeks. I cried, I whined, I felt like the life had been sucked out of me!!!! I had no energy..I went to bed early, I took naps...anything to make the day go by faster. The 12th day I chewed up a piece of pizza and spit it out. LOL!! I made it though..I swear it was the worst thing I went through. Now I'm onto thick liquids..soups pureed, pudding, yogurt, grits, oatmeal, V8! I feel like a new person. Hang in there...it will pass and you will be so happy you stuck to it. I lost 19 pounds in those 2 weeks too!!

You can do it!!

I moved to creamy Soups and that helped. I just avoided any of the stuff that was in there like chicken. My doctor said I could eat anything that could get through a straw. Hopefully he will move you on to creamy liquids or mushie stage soon. Good luck.

Oh yeah, my doctor said that too - about the through a straw part. I don't know about y'all but the urge for solids didn't last more than a few hours at a time; and now that I'm on solids, it's hard to find time to figure out what, how much, when etc. AND find 20 min. or so to set aside regularly to eat. Anyone else have similar problem? Any suggestions?

I guess that's exactly what they mean about "learning new habits" hm?

I did the liquids for 1 week and then moved on to mashed potatoes(instant with gravy from KFC) I had yogurt, ice cream, oatmeal, cream of wheat, creamed Soups, canned soft veggies, refried Beans with cheese, baked potatoe with cottage cheese. This helped and my doc said if I would eat it without throwing up to go for it. Try some of those foods, start slow, make them runny with some broth, tc.

Okay so I have had nothing but broth, cyrstal light and Jello for the last 6 days and I am ready to lose it. I knew what I was getting myself into, this is no surprise, I guess I never thought it would be so hard. I just want to eat something, but I know that I can't, it's not even an option.

I'm going to the doctor tomorrow so I'm going to ask him if I can start eatting yogurt or apple sauce, or at least protien shakes, I am so weak. I need some food I can live on. I know I'm just ranting, but does anyone have a tool for this problem? Some thing to think about, something to do, some thing to drink or put in my mouth when my stomach starts to rumble and I start to bug out?

I know that in a couple days or a week or so I'll be laughing that I was such a wimp at day 6 but for right now my hunger pains are really and so are my mood swings.