Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone,

So my surgery date is March 25th, starting to feel some anxiety towards the whole thing!

I'm a revision from lap band to RNY had the band 7 months it has slipped I've lost nothing on it followed the diet been getting sick having acid relux and feeling terrible. So I'm happy to get the band out I'm just so nervous I'm doing the pre op diet once again having a really hard time with it this time the first time not to bad but this time I'm having the 2 Protein Drinks a day then eating the one small meal at night I'm starving all the time. And all I'm thinking about is food.. I hate this. I'm also reading all over these forums and getting myself all worked up that it's not going to work for me that I am going to fail yet another procedure (yes I feel I am the one who failed not the band).

I'm afraid that I'm not informed enough that some how I will end up failing this procedure I'm trying to wrap my head around everything it's all just so overwhelming.

I've done my research didn't have to go through the 6 month thing because of my band but I'm kind of freaking out a bit.

I think I really feel like I'm failing on the pre op diet so I will fail on the post op it;'s so hard my band in unfilled and I'm so hungry but then I still get sick sometimes depending on what I eat!

Any words of wisdom PLEASE

Hello Everyone' date='

So my surgery date is March 25th, starting to feel some anxiety towards the whole thing!

I'm a revision from lap band to RNY had the band 7 months it has slipped I've lost nothing on it followed the diet been getting sick having acid relux and feeling terrible. So I'm happy to get the band out I'm just so nervous I'm doing the pre op diet once again having a really hard time with it this time the first time not to bad but this time I'm having the 2 Protein drinks a day then eating the one small meal at night I'm starving all the time. And all I'm thinking about is food.. I hate this. I'm also reading all over these forums and getting myself all worked up that it's not going to work for me that I am going to fail yet another procedure (yes I feel I am the one who failed not the band).

I'm afraid that I'm not informed enough that some how I will end up failing this procedure I'm trying to wrap my head around everything it's all just so overwhelming.

I've done my research didn't have to go through the 6 month thing because of my band but I'm kind of freaking out a bit.

I think I really feel like I'm failing on the pre op diet so I will fail on the post op it;'s so hard my band in unfilled and I'm so hungry but then I still get sick sometimes depending on what I eat!

Any words of wisdom PLEASE[/quote']

Don't be so hard on yourself. Everything don't work for everyone. Everyone is different. I suggest while waiting to have the surgery just do a little more research on the gastric. I think you will do well because its restricted more than the band. Some doctors don't do the band anymore because of so many revisions. Don't freak out you will do great.

Hi Mercedes I'm Debbie from Pa. Having my surgery on the 25th of march also. Im On the 2 shakes and a supper also allowed a Protein Bar in there . . I'm also very hungry. I have had to put in A cheese stick low fat in there to help me out. Not easy I know . I have read many posts on here and it seems so many revisions from band to rny has been done. So I wouldn't think it would be my fault it didn't work. Just to many others out there that it didn't work for. I had the 3 month program to finish . I don't know if I'm making the right decision either. I have talked to others and they all felt the same way. I'm nervous also so your not alone. All I see is everyone says on here they made the right decision to have it done.

They just would have done it sooner. I hope I'll be one of them and you to . Stay in touch with me ok

Hi Mercedes I'm Debbie from Pa. Having my surgery on the 25th of march also. Im On the 2 shakes and a supper also allowed a Protein bar in there . . I'm also very hungry. I have had to put in A cheese stick low fat in there to help me out. Not easy I know . I have read many posts on here and it seems so many revisions from band to rny has been done. So I wouldn't think it would be my fault it didn't work. Just to many others out there that it didn't work for. I had the 3 month program to finish . I don't know if I'm making the right decision either. I have talked to others and they all felt the same way. I'm nervous also so your not alone. All I see is everyone says on here they made the right decision to have it done.

They just would have done it sooner. I hope I'll be one of them and you to . Stay in touch with me ok

Yup.. I think we all feel the same way. Pre-surgery jitters maybe?? I'm on the 25th as well. I'm on the Optifast liquid diet for three weeks. Four shakes a day. It's been extremely tough on weekends. Weekdays at work, no problem. Home is a different story. No structure at home. But I'm not "hungry"… just umm "munchy". Maybe try drinking an extra shake? What about sugar free puddings or Jello? Can you have them to snack on?

As for failing, I think it will be harder to fail at this attempt. Our stomachs will be sooo much smaller and quicker to fill. If we follow our new eating habits I think we will get through this. We just need to start our healthy choices early enough that by the time we lose our weight, we will be able to maintain it by eating healthy. Snacking on veggies and fruit instead of our other comfort Snacks (for me it's chocolate and chips - LOVE That sugar and salt combo!!).

Keep the faith, Mercedes. We'll get through this… all together!! Right, drucella?!?

HW 341 GW 150 CW 290.4 RNY 03/25/13

Thank you all for the support and Yes girls we can do this!

Can't believe it's almost here I hope this week goes by fast. I'm ready to be on the other side of this.

MarinaCC I'm with you on the chips and chocolate with my band chips were easy to keep down chicken and healthy stuff not so much.

Debbie I hope everything goes well for all of us we deserve some smooth sailing right.

Keep in touch everyone and best of luck to us all on the weight loss journey!