Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aussie before and/or After pics

HonkyTonks, that's amazing! Over what period did you lose that amount of weight? Love this thread. Hope to be posting pics on it in a year (or two).

I withdrew my super too. I couldn't wait a year for private health care to kick in, so I'll have to make this year count since it cost me so much more. I just hope nothing goes awry before my private kicks in. I'm going to follow the rules.

Note that the super you take out is added to your taxable income for the financial year giving you a higher Medicare surcharge and (if you went to Uni) HECS/HELP repayments. However, you get a medical expenses tax offset which helps. I have still ended up owing the tax department, despite 21% being taken from my withdrawn amount. Ask your employer to increase the amount of tax they take to cover yourself. Can you tell I did my tax yesterday? I owe them!

I'm still worth the $$$. 6 weeks ago, I weighed 14kg more than I do now and I haven't even had a fill yet. :whoo:

Also, I've been feeling really happy and have had no depression at all. I sometimes used to feel down and took St John's wort regularly. Haven't had any since banding. However, I don't have diagnosed depression.

Kookaburra its been an entirely positive experience for me, I've had only two vomiting episodes in 18 entire months, I find my band easy to manage, easy to fit round my lifestyle, I've taken up running which is a joy to me, its the best best thing I ever did for myself.

And I had a BMI of 35 and no real comorbidities, its much easier in Australia. And personally, I expect my GP to give me any referral I ask for, its your right. Its not up to your GP to decide whether you need the surgery or not, its up to you and the surgeon. And your GP should provide you that referral if you ask for it. And if she wont, I'd go to another doctor.

Too bloody right Jacqui! Well said. Susannah

Insubordination, thanks for the tax tips! Hadn't thought about any of those things so will adjust my childcare benefit and tax so I don't slugged with a bill at the end of the financial year. It is great to hear that other people have decided to spend the extra without waiting th 12 months. You are all right about the doctor thing - my doctor is lovely, she just seems like the sort of person who hasn't experienced any adversity in life so probably doesn't really understand how it feels to be at the end of your tether. I'm going to insist on a referral and if she won't give it to me, I'll go somewhere else. Loving the little community that you've all built up here - it's great! Take care everyone! Leesa

I remember looking at a thread like this about 18 months ago and it helped me make the decision to get my band. I cant belive that I'm now posting my half way photos. I was 107kg at my heaviest and today I'm 87kg (20kg down - 18 to go). I have an appointment next month to discuss a Tummy Tuck. I dont think I've lost enough weight yet for a tummy tuck but I want to get the ball rolling.

To anyone looking at this thread who hasn't yet got the band- don't wast another day of your life with a weight problem. It's not worth it. I now know I would never have been able to loose weight and keep it off without this band. I wish I'd done it sooner instead of persisting with stupid diets and hating myself more each day. The lap band is the third best thing I have ever done after marrying Andrew and having our babies. AMEN!!

post-206668-13813135218646_thumb.jpg

post-206668-13813135218879_thumb.jpg

Congratulations Fluer! You look amazing. I agree you look so much younger, maybe it's the happiness coming through! I was looking at my bottom of the tummy 'flap' (I have another word for it but it's a bit rude) last night and I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing how much their tummy tucks costs? Might start saving early.

Leesa

Yay Fluer! Congrats!! You look great!

My Tummy Tuck (with private health and Medicare rebates) cost about $1800. I had my tuck at The Wesley, and had a very skilled reconstructive surgeon.

Hey she smiles, how are u. I'm being banded on the 9th Oct 07, and listening and looking at before and afters really helps me believe I'm doing the right thing and getting banded, it really is that last resort. Please if anyone has pics or just hearing your weight loss journeys is so helpful and encouraging.

brispenny31

banding 9/10/07

Dr Bowden

Wesley Hospital, Brisbane

Yay Fluer! Congrats!! You look great!

My Tummy Tuck (with private health and Medicare rebates) cost about $1800. I had my tuck at The Wesley, and had a very skilled reconstructive surgeon.

Chickie hi, I was just wondering what Dr did your tummy tuck at the Wesley, as I know I will need to get one when the time comes.

Thanks Penny

Thanks Leesa, I had my first appointment with a plastic surgeon on Wednesday and he wants me to get down to about 75kg and stay there for 6 months before he'll do a Tummy Tuck. I waiting fro the quote in the mail but I do know a medicare rebate will apply. I'll let you know when I get the cost. Cheers, Fleur

Hi Brispenny, I had my op with Blair Bowden about 18 months ago. You will be very happy with him. I had an appointment with Dr Dan Kennedy about my Tummy Tuck on Wednesday. I hear he's excellent and it took me 8 months to gretin to see him. I wouls also be interested to findout who did Chickie's tummy tuck at the Wesley. Maybe Dr Catt - I hear he's excellent. Cheers, Fleur

Am trying to figure this out lol. If this works... not at my biggest or smallest.. maybe I'll have to be brave and get the scanner out over the weekend!

Sharyn - you look fantastic! Sorry, just had to comment - I could almost swear your DH was superimposed in the second pic - he looks exactly the same in both photos! LOL

Sharyn - you look fantastic! Sorry, just had to comment - I could almost swear your DH was superimposed in the second pic - he looks exactly the same in both photos! LOL

Ahhhh cut and paste job... ;) i wont tell anyone BUT i would like to know how you did it, I have always wanted to try it but dont know the programs to use.... Any tips.. :)

Ok i thought i would add my pics..

This is me pre-band and im not sure if it was at my heaviest.

1me2004.jpg

This is taken in June 07

100_1804.jpg

And with my new man (taken week pre-reband)

medave2.jpg