Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Psychological Evaluation Done!

Had my psychological evaluation done today and it was nothing what i thought it would be. I thought it would be just to make sure i was "sane" enough to have surgery :)...

Turns out...the first half was a one on one with the Dr. He asked me to explain in detail what would happen in surgery...I had to explain in detail what phase 1 of the post op diet would be and explain in detail what phase 2 of the diet would be. I had to explain to him what would happen if I didn't follow the diet exactly. I also had to explain what my portion sizes would be for the rest of my life to keep from gaining the weight back.

I think i "passed" the test...he seemed pleased with my answers on the verbal part. The next half of my visit was 360 questions that required a yes or no answer. I did that test out in the waiting area. This all took about 2 hours. After that was done...I was free to go. He said he would call me tomorrow with "results" and send them to my surgeon.

I already seen the nutritionist last week. I have all insurance requirements done. I'll wait a few days and call my surgeons office to see if they have submitted to my insurance yet....or to see how long it will take until they do.

So far, it has been smooth sailing (knock on wood)...just hoping i passed the psych test! Has anybody on here ever "failed" the psych test?

Had mine today also. Just a simple chat and a 20 question test and bam it was done. He dictated his session with me there incase of any add ons or corrections and I was out the door. I was like wow i stressed over nothing.

Wow, that is pretty much what i thought it would be for me also! I was dying in there trying to remember portion sizes, time frames and what intestines would be attached to my pouch and why...LOL

Had my psychological evaluation done today and it was nothing what i thought it would be. I thought it would be just to make sure i was "sane" enough to have surgery :)...

Turns out...the first half was a one on one with the Dr. He asked me to explain in detail what would happen in surgery...I had to explain in detail what phase 1 of the post op diet would be and explain in detail what phase 2 of the diet would be. I had to explain to him what would happen if I didn't follow the diet exactly. I also had to explain what my portion sizes would be for the rest of my life to keep from gaining the weight back.

I think i "passed" the test...he seemed pleased with my answers on the verbal part. The next half of my visit was 360 questions that required a yes or no answer. I did that test out in the waiting area. This all took about 2 hours. After that was done...I was free to go. He said he would call me tomorrow with "results" and send them to my surgeon.

I already seen the nutritionist last week. I have all insurance requirements done. I'll wait a few days and call my surgeons office to see if they have submitted to my insurance yet....or to see how long it will take until they do.

So far' date=' it has been smooth sailing (knock on wood)...just hoping i passed the psych test! Has anybody on here ever "failed" the psych test?[/quote']

Never had one with a written "exam" with it. It may have been because i am a therapist, but we just reviewed my health history my past journey in weight loss and the seriousness of the situation now. When she wrote it out it was 1 1/4 pages...

HW 245; CW pre-op: 229; Surg Date: 2/26/13

Psych Dr. just called and said i passed! yipppeee...He said he already faxed it over to Surgeons office. Now the waiting game begins :)

I had my pschy eval on last friday. She asked me about past attempts at weight loss, health questions, my goal, family relationship questions and gave me brief info about some of the people she's helped after surgery that may have had some post op issue with relationships. It took about an hour and it was very relaxing.

I had to have two psych evaluation because of my bipolar. My dr. Had to write two letters stating I was ok to have surgery

I think different programs have different requirements. I know mine does several psychological tests.

My first psych appointment had me taking a test with 425 questions! Who knows what I'll have to do on the next one.