Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RNYTalk Newsletter 02/15/2013

RNYTalk Newsletter

By
Hey, RNYTalk Members!

Time flies when you’re having fun. If you’re like those of us here at RNYTalk.com, you can hardly believe that January is already over! How are you doing on your New Year’s resolutions? If you’re still following them, great job! If not, that’s okay. It’s never too late to go back to following your resolutions or to make a few new ones to help you meet your goals for 2013. Whether you’re on track or need to get back on track, we hope this newsletter will provide inspiration and ideas to help you succeed. This is what we have for you this month!

• Please be Respectful on the Boards!

• Member Spotlight: Meet worm2872!

• Valentine’s Day: Show a Little Love the WLS Way!

• Bypass Challenge: Celebrate Yourself This Valentine’s Day!

Keep reading for more on each of these stories, and when you’re finished, come on over to RNYTalk.com for more motivation and information. The conversations never stop! And, as always, please free to drop us a line if you have any comments. We love hearing from members! See you on the boards!

Sincerely,

Alex Brecher

Founder

RNYTalk.com

Please be Respectful on the Boards!

We started RNYTalk.com to help gastric bypass patients and people who may be interested in getting the bypass. We are very proud of the array of resources on the site, and recognize that you, our members, are our most valuable assets. From the conversations on the boards and feedback we receive from members, we know RNYTalk.com has been successful in reaching out to thousands of members and making a positive difference regardless of where you are in your weight loss journey.

One of the most valuable features of RNYTalk.com is its welcoming, respectful atmosphere. Because of some recent incidents on the board, we’d like to remind you that rudeness is not tolerated. Board etiquette is outlined in the dinner with wine. Before starting your weight loss journey, you may have celebrated by exchanging boxes of chocolate and eating too much fat and sugar at home and at work.

On your pre-surgery diet and after surgery, these unhealthy choices are no longer for you. High-fat, high-sugar foods aren’t part of your weight loss surgery diet. Chocolate truffles can give you dumping syndrome, and alcohol with dinner can make you lose your control and overeat. So what can you do to enjoy Valentine’s Day – with or without a special someone – while keeping your weight loss on track? We have a few ideas.

• Give your sweetheart flowers instead of candy.< p>

• Opt for broiled lobster or chicken with vegetables instead of steak with creamy mushroom Pasta.< p>

• Skip the refined pasta at dinner. Instead, try a small amount of orzo or another whole grain – but only eat it after eating your Protein and vegetables.

• Choose strawberries for dessert instead of chocolate cake and ice cream.

• If you still have chocolate cravings after dinner, sip sugar-free hot chocolate instead of going for the chocolate truffles.

• There’s nothing more romantic than dancing. Burn a few extra calories with some slow dancing before watching a movie after dinner. Picking out a few slow songs to dance to with your sweetheart will show how much you care.

• Take a walk. A short after-dinner walk lets you and your valentine enjoy the fresh air and focus on each other. Don’t have a valentine? Call up one of your single friends and take a leisurely walk together. You’ll both benefit from the chance to chat.

• Make a Valentine’s Day card. Do you remember how good it felt to get them from your friends when you were in elementary school? Making one instead of buying one lets you put your own personal touches on it.

These are just a few possibilities for enjoying your Valentine’s Day without interfering with your health. Everyone should be able to enjoy, not dread, this happy holiday, and we hope these suggestions are useful as you make your plans.

Member Challenge: Be Your Own Valentine!

The Member Challenge portion of the newsletter is an opportunity for you to try something new or discover tricks that’ll help you with your weight loss and health. It’s not a competitive challenge; it’s just a way to challenge yourself to achieve new goals. This month, we’re sticking to the theme of Valentine’s Day.

Some people think that Valentine’s Day is only for couples, but we’re going to let you in on a little secret: anyone can celebrate Valentine’s Day, even if you’re by yourself. Take advantage of the occasion to show yourself how much you love and appreciate yourself – especially as you work toward becoming healthier. The challenge this month is to show yourself how much you care about yourself and appreciate your efforts to become healthier and happier. These are a few of our ideas to treat yourself without going off your weight loss surgery diet.

• Get a massage, facial, manicure or pedicure.

• Try a calorie-free chocolate treat, such as chocolate chapstick or chocolate-scented body lotion.

• Make or buy yourself a Valentine’s Day card.

• Frame a “before” and “after” picture – with or without your sweetheart – in a Valentine’s Day-themed frame.

• Try a dance class – you’ll burn a few calories and may meet a special someone!

If you are dedicating February 14 to a special someone, take a few moments to treat yourself, too, or treat yourself on another day.

Use one of the above ideas, or come up with your own way to celebrate Valentine’s Day without missing a beat in your weight loss journey. We’d love for you to tell us how it went in the Challenge Forum! Sharing your ideas and experiences gives you a sense of purpose and helps other bypassers hit their own challenge goals. Don’t forget that the archived Newsletter Forum is always there for you when you’re ready to try an old challenge.

We’ll leave you with these thoughts of Valentine’s Day, hoping that they’re warm enough to carry you through the rest of the cold winter. Keep up the great work with your weight loss journey, and we’ll see you on the boards! Thanks as always for your support.

Take care of yourself and each other.

Sincerely,

Alex

==============================================================

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter, you may unsubscribe by going to your Control Panel and clicking on the Newsletters tab, or clicking on the following link: {unsubscribe}

That's guys! I feel honored!!!! :D

That's guys! I feel honored!!!! :D

Congrats

Congrats Heather!!!

Thanks All!!