Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February Post-Op's

Lol sorry thats all I watch is food network and cooking channels!

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently' date='206.6, Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150[/quote']

Me too! Mostly because that's the only decent thing on TV during the day!

HW 344, DOS 320, Surgery Date 2/20/13, CW 302 Sent from my iPad using RNYTalk

I'm 4 weeks and 4 days post-op and just had my first visit with the porcelain throne... I think went too long before eating my dinner and ate a little too fast... Now I've lost my dinner AND my appetite !!

I'm 4 weeks and 4 days post-op and just had my first visit with the porcelain throne... I think went too long before eating my dinner and ate a little too fast... Now I've lost my dinner AND my appetite !!

Ewwww....feel well soon!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4

So I am suppose to be taking it easy and I am going nuts! I feel like a trapped animal :( my left side is not improving . I just do not understand . I guess I am not a patient person . I also would like to know if I am the only one who can do drink ? I am living on sugar free Popsicles to get my fluids in. Water seems to hurt my pouch when I try to drink . Had anyone else had any of these problems? I am 2 weeks 2 days post op.

So I am suppose to be taking it easy and I am going nuts! I feel like a trapped animal :( my left side is not improving . I just do not understand . I guess I am not a patient person . I also would like to know if I am the only one who can do drink ? I am living on sugar free Popsicles to get my fluids in. Water seems to hurt my pouch when I try to drink . Had anyone else had any of these problems? I am 2 weeks 2 days post op.

Have you tried warm stuff? Hot tea is my go to when tummy bothering me...

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4

Have you tried warm stuff? Hot tea is my go to when tummy bothering me...

HW 312' date=' pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 231.4[/quote']

They told me NO straws but after I go out of the shower tonight I got a new cup my hubby bought me and put kids low sugar apple juice in it and I have gotten the whole thing down :)

post-31877-13813811540093_thumb.jpg

I am very happy :) I feel like I am kinda getting somewhere :) if only I could get the lest side pain to stop, I would be the happiest girl ever! I mean really * a hematoma in my muscle* I work in the medical field and I have no idea how to deal with this . I feel like the sewed my belly button incision to my spine. And everytime I stretch , it feels like it is tearing. I go back to work next week and I need to be on my game :) the hubby thinks I should get a motorized cart until I heal... Lol that won't look too funny will it .. Lol

This little angel is why he got me my cup :) her is my sweet baby Bella :) love her SO much ;)

That's the poster child for spoiled right there!!!!!!

This may be TMI , however , does anyone else have serious gas ? I mean 2 weeks out and I can chase myself out of a room :D lol just wondering if it just me?

They told me NO straws but after I go out of the shower tonight I got a new cup my hubby bought me and put kids low sugar apple juice in it and I have gotten the whole thing down :)

I am very happy :) I feel like I am kinda getting somewhere :) if only I could get the lest side pain to stop' date=' I would be the happiest girl ever! I mean really * a hematoma in my muscle* I work in the medical field and I have no idea how to deal with this . I feel like the sewed my belly button incision to my spine. And everytime I stretch , it feels like it is tearing. I go back to work next week and I need to be on my game :) the hubby thinks I should get a motorized cart until I heal... Lol that won't look too funny will it .. Lol[/quote']

Only because you can drink to much by accident...I drink sips from a straw its not biggy unless you can't sip! For me If I drink to much Fluid my body lets me know I belch and then I slow down.

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently,206.6, Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150

I had chicken Tortilla Soup tonight YUMMMMMMMMM, lets hope I don't have any issue with it..I had to have something other than straight Protein I'm going into week 5 and I was craving something other than fish, turkey or chicken alone.....It was yummy and I don't feel bad about eating it! 4oz aren't going to do me in.....I can't wait to have my fruit and veggies back I am soooooo BORED, not hungry ever but know I have to eat something

ps is anyone having a lot of achy soreness in the upper stomach area like below your bra area, when you sit its above the bend of your waist?????? The only way I feel better is to lie flat!

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently,206.6, Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150

This may be TMI ' date=' however , does anyone else have serious gas ? I mean 2 weeks out and I can chase myself out of a room :D lol just wondering if it just me?[/quote']

LOL have to share that a few days after surgery I was expellng gas off an on and then one evening my hubby and I were lying in bed and I turned over to get out of bed and I ripped the longest and from what he told me the stinkiest!!! We laughed so hard and the face the I have Anosmia (loss of smell) was even funnier!!!!! Yes we all get some serious gas on occasion better out than in!

post-204708-13813133374843_thumb.jpg

I see it in my face!

Me too! I mean, I see it in your face, too! Congratulations!

So my hubby is flying home as we speak. He has been gone for two weeks on a business trip. He wants me to dress sexy to pick him up from the airport. I am a jeans and sweats kinda girl. I feel absolutely rediculous wearing a dress and heels. I have no self confidence in dressing sexy. Help!!!

This may be one of those times where you have to grin and bear it (or bare it, LOL!). Even though you may not feel sexy, he needs his sexy wife. All you need is a pair of heels and a skirt/low cut top or a dress. Even if it's not dramatically "sexy," it will still be such a change that he will probably eat it up! Think of it as a gift you're giving him...

LOL have to share that a few days after surgery I was expellng gas off an on and then one evening my hubby and I were lying in bed and I turned over to get out of bed and I ripped the longest and from what he told me the stinkiest!!! We laughed so hard and the face the I have Anosmia (loss of smell) was even funnier!!!!! Yes we all get some serious gas on occasion better out than in!

HW 250/1st Lapband 198/2nd Lapband 232/Pre conversion 2/6/13 to bypass 232. Currently' date='206.6, Bariatric GW 134, Realistic GW 150[/quote']

I SO wish I couldn't smell some times :) I have been with Ken for 14 years and all I can do is laugh my butt off like a school girl when I pass gas and he smells it ... Lol

All I can think of is " ha ha pay back " but I have laughed SO hard that might be where I hurt myself .

Hi all! Almost to week 3 post- op this Tuesday - yay! Happy to report I'm healing very well after band to RNY 5 hour surgery then back to OR to stop internal bleeding at old port site - which was another 1 1/2 hr surgery. My dr said I'm doing great at the 2 wk post-op appt and advanced me from liquids to soft foods. No more blending! He said use my teeth to grind food, not the inversion blender! LOL! I've been one happy person since! A small Wendy's chili lasted me 4 days - threw it out before I could finish it. Weird! Also Chik-Fil-a small side of chicken salad is terrific! I have a lot of trouble drinking enough Water though. Yesterday I think I had only 30oz. Need to do better but just not interested - appetite and thirst-wise.

Anyway I forgot to ask my dr when it's ok to swallow cut pills. He said its ok for me to start chewable vitamins. I haven't done it yet but will start today. I'm off high blood pressure meds - yay! Since surgery but I take anti-anxiety med once a day. The liquid med is totally gag gross! I wanted to start cutting the pill and see if I can swallow them without upsetting my new tummy. Any ideas??