Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 Bandsters Unite!

How long is the gas pain supposed to last for?? The tightness in my chest is the worst part so far.

Mine only lasted for three days. It was intense and felt like forever, but after three days it calmed down. I put a heating pad on my chest to distract me...

Becca the gas is a weird thing - I even had it up each side of my body to under my armpits. I can say that as of today, I think it is all gone....

I also used the heating pad which helped a lot. Congrats b russell and jcinabita. Keep the faith, it gets better and better.:bandit

How long is the gas pain supposed to last for?? The tightness in my chest is the worst part so far.

That is funny, I am here thinking the same thing.

Andrew

Conroe and Suzie Q best wishes and Good Luck tomorrow. I am sure you will both do just fine.

Becca and Andrew about the gas I was told it could last anywhere from 2 days to 1 week. I have to admit it has been 6 days since my surgery and I still get a little gas pain in my chest when I get into bed at night. It is not as bad as it once was by any means, but still it is a little uncomfortable. Hope your gas pains go away soon. I found that my Gas-X helped so hopefully it is helping you too.

The first three days were bad for me, it took about 4-5 days before it was all gone. What killed me was my neck and not being able to take a full breath with out pain. Thank god that oart is over

Hi Feb. bandsters, I'm into my 2nd week of liquids now and between Soups and popsicles and runny liquid yougurt I figure I'm getting about 1000cal/day. Ok I figure I should be losing some weight at that but in the last 9 days I've gained a pound....go figure?I realize this is a healing time and not a weight reduction time but I just thought that maybe I at least would not gain. Is this happening to anyone else?:speechles

Astro, the same thing happened to me when i was on the liquid stage, the bought Soups have a lot of sodium in them which i am sure you know can cause Water retention. When you start on solid food things will change. just hang in there. you will see a big difference once the healing phase is over with.

Maria :)

Astro I know what you mean. Weightloss isn't quite falling off like the first week of Opti-fast but just give it time. :) I think the only reason I have lost anything this week is because I am walking 30 min a day.

Hi Again Everyone,

I was banded yesterday, out of the hospital last night... in some pain and discomfort. More than I thought actually. But I guess it is only 1 day post-op and I'm already online. It will be sooo nice to be able to breath properly again. So much for my dream of going shopping one day after surgery... tee hee! Maybe next week!

For anyone looking into the band or getting banded soon, here is a list of my symptoms so far:

- I am having a lot of gas pain... taking Gas X and using heating pads and trying to walk around.

- taking short breaths because I can't breath in fully due to the pain of the band.

- I feel the band all the time, I feel like I have that "stuck" feeling in the sternum everyone talks about, but I am able to handle liquids, no problem and I'm not nauceauos

- one of my incisions opened in the hospital and there was quite a lot of blood, but they tell me this is normal. I am home now and its continuing to ooze, but I don't think its anything to be concerned about... but will keep an eye on it.

I think thats it for now, I'm thankful that I'm able to move around quite well, but really didn't think the pain would be this intense. Thank god for my hubby... what an awesome, supportive and did I mention good looking man!!!

Suzie Q

Great to have it done with Suzie Q and sounds like you got along well,every day you'll feel better then the last so hang tight.:clap2: :clap2:

Hi everyone: Been reading your posts and thought I would join in if it is OK. I was banded Feb 01/07 by Dr. Yau at the TLBC and so far had no problems. I did have bruising but not too bad. The incisions are all but healed, just a little scab at the port incision. Didn't loose any weight last week although I stuck to the diet religiously. didn't exercise though and guess the scale was telling me so. Will someone tell me how you get all those cute little weight scales at the bottom of your message.

Yay! I think my gas pain has disappeared! I'm feeling great so far. I plan on doing some excercise today.

Doddie, just double click on tickerfactory.com and follow the instructions, then copy and paste your code onto your signature on this site.

Welcome to LBT! Great to have you!