Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

February 2007 Bandsters Unite!

Also a high five goes out to Gerry. I was starting to think that I was the only banded Canadian male in the entire country.

Great work on the weight loss and having the resolve to stay on the Optifast for a month.

Andrew

Hey Astrotoes, Thanks for the welcome. My anasthetist also left me pretty bruised also. I have really bad veins to put any kind of IV into. I would make a terrible junkie!:biggrin1: Susannah

:confused: Well whatever you do Susannaha do not make that joke to medical professionals. I said the same thing about not doing needle drugs because of my small veins and the Dr. doing my blood work-up and he just frowned at me. Tough Room I tell ya! :heh:

Geez Gaffer, this lobster is the hottest issue on the post. It really was 3 1/2 lbs (with about close to 2 lbs of meat, yummy!) I hope no band doctors are reading these posts - but if they are, I plead under the Canadian version of the 5th. Well, what the heck - here is the real scoop. I had this fantastical lobster at noon on the day before my surgery. I fessed up to the doctor and he said as long as it was not a STEAK (Gaffer - there goes your steak) or really heavy food and had no carbs whatsover, fish was a good choice. Salmon is good, etc. etc. I think the worry they have as that we will take ourselves out of ketosis which is the state that you are in after Optifast for 2 wks. and then the hunger pains come back. Makes sense, because they do not want us to be hungry after this surgery right? Gaffer, don't do the steak - if something goes wrong with your surgery, then I will feel personally responsible for having strayed off the path and encouraged you to do that too.:bandit

Gee Priscilla sorry to have teased you , now look at the kettle of "fish" we opened!:confused: hehe,I've just been drooling since you told me. It's soon time for fluids to be over,I'm hungry and quite weak.How's it for you?Hope your days going well.

Good to know about the steak. I was only half serious.

I know all about keeping myself in ketosis. I had a ceasar sala last night, and my breath is just as bad as ever.

Andrew

Dame J

I had an infection in the port site. The incision looked fine, but it was about two inches below that it was red hot to touch and sore. I went to Emerg, it is now looking better each day still a little sore. Call the clinic, get it checked out

Hey Astrotoes - a kettle of fish sounds awesom right at the moment thanks. Glad Gaffer is kidding about the steak - didn't want to stay up all night worrying about him. Yasmina, so sorry about your infection. Thank goodness I have had no trouble. Dame, hope your hand bruises are disappearing too. I get curious stares and point to my husband. Just kidding! Gaffer and Becca - one more sleep to go for you (well, 2 with the anaesthetic). From dreamland to bandland.:clap2: Good luck.

I get banded in the morning. I have to be at the hospital at 8:30am, not sure what that means in terms of an actual surgery time.

I am rather concerned about the surgery, I think they are going to kill me. The thought of not being in control is almost overbearring.

Once you got to the OR, how long before they knock you out?

Sean, nothing to be concerned about, the surgery is a piece of cake, no one is going to kill you, they need you alive to be a succuss story to others who may want to have this surgery. You are going to be fine. Well wishes are coming your way. :gluck:

Maria :)

After being wheeled into the OR, they pushed the gurney over next to a table, asked me to scootch over to the table, had to reposition myself a bit, lay down, there's lots of activity in the room, most of which I couldn't see, one person took my right arm and positioned it comfortably, another person was putting inflatable balloon-thingy's on my lower legs and getting that part of me comfy, another person took my left arm and positioned it comfortably, and was putting a blood pressure cuff on, the anesthesiologist put a mask with 100% oxygen over my nose/mouth, and said to breathe deep, and then I was on my way to dreamland. Total time elapsed? Maybe 2 minutes, max.

You'll do great! (((hugs)))

Ok guys tell me this,is it normal for incision area to be really itchy ...today it's been driving me to distraction, it's red in those areas too,my surgery was 7 days ago:help: .