Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

anyone near Geneseo New York?

Renee, Hello. I replied through my email thinking it would post on here but it didn't . So check your email and let me know if ya got it. If not I will send it on here.

Hello! No, I don't have any messages from you, here on this forum or in my email. Talk soon!

No I dont have my date yet. i have my 1on 1 with the dietician on 5/20. Do I meet the Dr after that? I'm having Dr O'Malley for surgeon also at highland! I've done everything on their list. They haven't said when I meet with the Dr. Did it take long after you seen dr to get your date? Sorry I'm rambling, I'm just excited!

I think it depends on your insurance. I have good insurance but they made me jump through some serious hoops. I have to have 12 consecutive months of weight check visits with my primary physician, plus 6 visits with the nutritionist, plus a gallbladder U/S, a psych eval, and a couple other things. I finished the 6 months with the NUT on 5/8. She "cleared" me then told me a secretary would call to schedule with the surgeon. That secretary called me a couple hours later and scheduled me the next day with Dr. O'Malley. The visit was about 15 minutes, and he walked me over to his secretary to schedule my surgery which is July 1st. I still have one more weight check visit with my primary doc which is June 3, and then all my paperwork will be sent to insurance for approval.

That is awesome for you ! This is what I've had done so far :

Ok here is what I've had so far:

3/13 dr suggested seminar

3/28 seminar

4/15 mental health (cleared)

4/16 gynecologist (cleared)

4/19 my dr (referred)

4/19 nutritional group seminar (make diary of food)

4/25 mammogram (physician required)

4/27 I had physical and history.

Then on may 20 I have a 1 on 1 with a dietician.

I have BCBSIL. I called my insurance early on and they didn't say I needed anything other than what my physician and Dr. O 'Malley require so hopefully that means I'll get a date soon too. Oh and I was smoking, so I have to be 6 weeks smoke free ( next week!!) then I take the blood test. I can't wait I'm getting impatient! Lol!

How great for you that your insurance doesn't make you jump through any hoops! I don't know if it was my personal insurance that wanted 6 NUT visits or if that was Dr. O'Malley's requirement, but they might make you have at least a couple appts. with the NUT before you can see the doc, I'm not sure. But, your appt. is coming up quick so you'll find out then!

I already got the clearance paper from the nut dr. Thank god!! I can't wait until Monday for the 1 on 1 with the nutritionist. I'm hoping to find something out. I wish I were a more patient person, but I am so ready for this!

Yea that's awesome! This week will fly by :) just keep telling yourself that!

Just had my surgery three weeks ago with dr. O'malley. I had to do the six months of nutrition appointments, but it wasn't a big deal. I actually learned a lot. My surgery went really smoothly, I had never had any kind of surgery before so I was really worried ahead of time. Way easier than I thought. I am on puréed food diet now. Haven't had any foods that have made me sick yet, haven't had any rough cravings or anything yet... Which was a huge surprise. I wish you all the best with yours. You are in good hands with dr. O'malley and the crew at highland.

That's awesome Jodibee. I learned a lot too during those nutrition appts. I wish you continued good success with weight loss!

My 1 on 1 went good with the nutritionist. She said I need to up my dairy intake and that I need to go back on the 24th. With my food log. Any idea how many times I must do this? I have dr O'Malley . Input would be great. Thanks

Hi there. Just had my surgery on Thursday. Feeling pretty good highland staff were the best- dr Forbes was my doctor Nervous and excited about the future

Dr. O'Malley and everyone at Highland are the greatest! Just wonderful, the whole process. I go back in a few weeks for my 6month post-op. You are DEFINITELY in good hands up there :)

I'm in the Dansville area as well. I have my surgery with Dr. O'Malley on the 26th.

What are the rooms like at Highland? private? semi-private? Glad to hear that everyone has had wonderful care while there!