Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't had my surgery yet (2/26). I was wondering how fast do you go through clothing sizes? Do most people just wear stuff that's too big until it falls off?

Depends on you. I know that I wore my largest sizes till they got really baggy. Then its new shopping every 2 months...or so. Unless you have a large wardrobe or lots of money...lol

Luckily I kept all my sizes as I grew out of them, so hopefully I will be able to use them all again.

Sent from my iPhone using RNYTalk

I am a nurse and didn't buy new scuba till I lost 70 pounds and I just been picking up new clothes here and there when I have money makes it more affordable then buying all at one plus you can get smaller sizes so you always have something that fits

I wore mine til they just fell off. Finally took my clothes to good will. I have gotten a few things at the consignment store. My mom gave me a gift card to dress barn for my birthday and christmas but the clothes I bought there are already falling off... so my suggestion is to not buy new til your at goal weight. Unless its for a special occassion. Consignment stores and thrift stores will be your friend for awhile. Lol I did buy new underware after I lost 90 lbs. I need to get some new ones of those. ha!! I wear a sports bra all the time now so that I havent had to buy new bras yet.

That's what I am doing . I am buying all my clothes at a consignment store as I need then and only 3 or 4 in each size as I go down . I am using the same jackets as I did prior to surgery will it new next season . It's hard to fight the power to want to go clothes shopping !

I can never find things I like in thrift stores

We have a store here called platos closet. It's a consignment store that only buys and sells clothes which are less than a year old. Now that I am in normal sizes its kinda my go to place.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches