Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fabulous February!

I'm sooooo hungry. Have been on liquid diet since last Tuesday. Surgery is Tuesday the 26th. I went to my Dr here in Lubbock on Thurs, felt like I was coming down with a cold. She gave me a shot of Roseffrin and a script for Keflex. Does not seem to be working. I have to travel 6 hours to Dallas for surgery. I have a little congestion in my bronchial tubes. What should I do?

I'm having my surgery 2/26 omg so excited!!!!!! Any tips from anyone who had it done alre

Before leaving for the hospital, I made up chicken broth and pureed veggie Soup in one cup servings and put them in the freezer. I also made sure I had a good supply of yogurt and enough bariatric shakes for two weeks. Now that I'm home, I don't have to worry about what to eat.

I took my own pillow and a big soft fluffy robe (that is my moms). It was comforting to have my stuff too to make me comfortable. I used my robe as a pillow, blanket, and robe! The other thing I couldn't have made it without was chapstick and eyedrops. I was so dry after the surgery, those were very comforting.

Be prepared for pain. I know they give pain meds, but they only dull the pain. It is still there. Get up and walk even when you don't feel like it. Does it hurt, yes...Can you do it, yes!

I took my i-pad, but the pain meds made my vision blurry so reading was pretty much out. It was good to look at photos and such though.

Good luck!

Btb2013

They don't set a scheduled time until the day before surgery, its strange how they do it here, it was the same thing when I had my gallbladder removed, I had to wait until the day before to know the time. My hubby is staying home with the kids as much as I would love him to be waiting for me for when I get out. I live like 5 minutes from the hospital, its too bad you have to travel so many hours but i guess when your doing something so life changing who cares how far you have to go. We don't have a relatives nearby but we do have a few friends helping out in what they can. Which is great Cruz we'll need all the help we can with kids, especially. I have two boys a 5 year old and a 1 year old.

Ok 2 weeks and 3 day post band to bypass with the worst ever muscle and nerve pain I have ever known (almost broke down and cried it is so bad)...why wasn't I told this would happen?

I have resorted to sleeping in a recliner chair because I can't get in and out of bed due to the agonizing pain... Received lidocaine injections on my post op visit only to have a few hours of relief...WTF?!! My husband took me to a medical supply store today to get an abdominal binder in hopes that it will help' date=' so far minimal relief.

This the only thing keeping me from getting back to my normalcy. I will be calling my surgeons office on Monday they must give me something for this Tylenol/Lortab don't do a damn thing....so far I only know of 2 of you that have this![/quote']

I wish I had a recliner, I'm using every pillow I have to lay reclined in bed. The pain is horrible they gave me diladid to take home at the first hospital, but ran no tests....Dr sent me to st bernardines yesterday.....kidney stones too......wonderful

I'm having my surgery 2/26 omg so excited!!!!!! Any tips from anyone who had it done alre

Before leaving for the hospital' date=' I made up chicken broth and pureed veggie Soup in one cup servings and put them in the freezer. I also made sure I had a good supply of yogurt and enough bariatric shakes for two weeks. Now that I'm home, I don't have to worry about what to eat.

I took my own pillow and a big soft fluffy robe (that is my moms). It was comforting to have my stuff too to make me comfortable. I used my robe as a pillow, blanket, and robe! The other thing I couldn't have made it without was chapstick and eyedrops. I was so dry after the surgery, those were very comforting.

Be prepared for pain. I know they give pain meds, but they only dull the pain. It is still there. Get up and walk even when you don't feel like it. Does it hurt, yes...Can you do it, yes!

I took my i-pad, but the pain meds made my vision blurry so reading was pretty much out. It was good to look at photos and such though.

Good luck![/quote']

Thank you so much for the advice, I will make the chicken broth, I guess it'll also serve for that same day since I have to be on Clear Liquids.

I have bought a few things that I will need, like the shakes, chicken broth, sugar free Popsicles, sugar free Jello. I still have to make a run and get a few more things. If I'm going to be in pain i'd prefer to have what I need at home. I never thought about taking eye drops, just added that to my list of things to pack.

I am just super excited and can't wait to be healthy again.

Btb2013

They don't set a scheduled time until the day before surgery' date=' its strange how they do it here, it was the same thing when I had my gallbladder removed, I had to wait until the day before to know the time. My hubby is staying home with the kids as much as I would love him to be waiting for me for when I get out. I live like 5 minutes from the hospital, its too bad you have to travel so many hours but i guess when your doing something so life changing who cares how far you have to go. We don't have a relatives nearby but we do have a few friends helping out in what they can. Which is great Cruz we'll need all the help we can with kids, especially. I have two boys a 5 year old and a 1 year old.[/quote']

Don't worry too much. They didn't give me a time until the day before here either. He waits until he has all of his pre op appointments and then schedules accordingly.

I also took nasal saline spray, well no, I had my mom buy it on day 2...with the oxygen blowing my nose was SOOO dry..... That, Chapstick, and my own pillow....those were my biggies! Well and clean panties an socks since I ended up being there 4 days! A shower and clean drawers was the bomb!!!

I think I'm already in my head for Tuesday. These last two days of my two week preop diet are killing. Wanting Carbs bad. To make it worse my we are having a wicked snow storm outside and my Golden Retriever Lucas keeps jumping up in bed with me with wet paws. I don't know if it happens with other breeds but Golden's paws for some reason always smell like Fritos! So I have spent the day craving Fritos because I have dog paws in my face. lol

I also took nasal saline spray' date=' well no, I had my mom buy it on day 2...with the oxygen blowing my nose was SOOO dry..... That, Chapstick, and my own pillow....those were my biggies! Well and clean panties an socks since I ended up being there 4 days! A shower and clean drawers was the bomb!!![/quote']

Too late to tell you now, but if you ever have oxygen you should ask for saline hook up on it. That way the oxygen is moist when you get it.

I have home O2 and many hospitalizations I learned lots of tricks for the hospital.

Hospitals are always really drying because they keep the environment like that to keep germs down. I always bring my own conditioner for my hair because they have Shampoo but no conditioner usually. I also bring my own moisturizing soap and lotion. They give you soap and lotion but its very generic. I also always bring my own little fan because I always seem to be hot in the hospital, though some hospitals won't allow it other have fans you can ask for. I have brought ipad and laptops but I never seem to bother using them instead I use my iPhone for everything. Don't forget your cellphone charger!

One of my biggest worries for Tuesday is that we live two hours away from the hospital. My husband will stay the day of surgery but won't be back until its time to come home. Which means I won't get any visitors. Though I know tons of the nurses and doctors. lol

Feel bad because my always worry even though they are young adults. I feel blessed to have them because two of them still live at home and are wonderful with taking care of Mom when she's sick. I am also lucky that my husband does the grocery shopping on his way home from work every night so I can always put in my request for things I don't have. He does this because we live out in the mountains 30 minutes from a grocery store. Which is one of my fears with surgery. My closet local hospital is 30 minutes away and very backwoods. The ER is very basic and they don't do Bariatric surgery anywhere near us. So I hope I have no post Op problems.

Don't feel bad aliG,i live two hours away from the hospital as well with just me and my three small children so i know the feeling.my surgery date is 2/26/13 as well have to be there by 6am and im so scared,ive even thought of backing out.

Don't feel bad aliG' date='i live two hours away from the hospital as well with just me and my three small children so i know the feeling.my surgery date is 2/26/13 as well have to be there by 6am and im so scared,ive even thought of backing out.[/quote']

Hohn don't back out now!!! You've worked so hard to get here!!!

HW 312, pre-op (lap-band) 294, pre-op (RNY) 255, surgery date 2/11/13, goal weight 154, current weight 234.8

Don't feel bad aliG' date='i live two hours away from the hospital as well with just me and my three small children so i know the feeling.my surgery date is 2/26/13 as well have to be there by 6am and im so scared,ive even thought of backing out.[/quote']

Feeling the same way mine is tomorrow.. I have to stop reading all the post ops problems.

I'm right there with you guys. I'm scared and thought about backing out too!

Is this common? lol

I have to stop reading all the horror stories too and get off the Internet. I've scared myself bad.

I think I'm already in my head for Tuesday. These last two days of my two week preop diet are killing. Wanting Carbs bad. To make it worse my we are having a wicked snow storm outside and my Golden Retriever Lucas keeps jumping up in bed with me with wet paws. I don't know if it happens with other breeds but Golden's paws for some reason always smell like Fritos! So I have spent the day craving Fritos because I have dog paws in my face. lol

It seems as though I've become like an ex-smoker when it comes to food. I can walk into a room and smell an open bag of chips, and stuff like that. I've never been so attentive to the smell of food as I am now that my selections are so limited. It's driving me crazy!