Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My PCP "doesn't recommend" Dr. Fox at SWLC!

Well after reading all the posting this morning on the blog. I will just say the following; first Dr Earl Fox and Staff are great, they go out of they way to make you understand and feel comfortable with the decision you made.

When I asked Dr Fox how many deaths that he has had because of the surgery he explain that he has had two in 500. Both are non-related to the surgery. I then asked every nurse I came across in both the hospital and friends and they all have high regard to the man. I was referred by my PCP to Dr Fox and have not had a minute of disappointment.

I look forward to Tuesday when he does the banding, I fully feel comfortable with his ability and look forward to the promise of the better quality of my life.

One of the first things I got here is to find out out how many lapbands has the doctor done. Not how many overall weight loss surgeries, but specifically lapband surgeries. Were you satisfied with your original research on this Dr. FOX.

I admit there is one doctor mentioned here that I would now avoid, just because of a couple of negative feedbacks. Others claim he is wonderful, but I wouldnt want him to do my surgery. I went with a different choice.

When I asked Dr Fox how many deaths that he has had because of the surgery he explain that he has had two in 500. Both are non-related to the surgery. .

One of the doctors I went to his seminar in my area has done thousands of lapband surgerys without any deaths. TWO is a pretty high percentage imo (highest Iv ever read 2 out of only 500 lapbands). Of course the doctor is going to say nothing to do with his surgery. Again my two cents. If you think these stats are not worrying, then ok, its not my decision.

Also, 500 lapbands is not very many. Most surgeons have more experience, at least all the doctors I considered.

I could be off by a zero I will call the office and find out the total, it might be like 5000. I will let you know when I find out.

I'm using Dr. Ross McMahon. I like him a lot, but they just moved offices and things are a bit confusing right now. But everyone is really nice and I trust his background.

Okay, I talked to Dr. Fox and was amazed at how some physicians count the number of problems related to any surgery. First, the 500 Lap Bands is correct however, Dr Fox is also a surgeon who has years of experience in the field. I completely trust his guidance, the final responsibility rests with the patient. If something does not sound correct, question it. Like I stated before, I am completely comfortable with Dr. Fox and his staff; they are fantastic. Banded on Tuesday, have dropped 20 lbs since July 6th.

Okay, I talked to Dr. Fox and was amazed at how some physicians count the number of problems related to any surgery. First, the 500 Lap Bands is correct however, Dr Fox is also a surgeon who has years of experience in the field. I completely trust his guidance, the final responsibility rests with the patient. If something does not sound correct, question it. Like I stated before, I am completely comfortable with Dr. Fox and his staff; they are fantastic. Banded on Tuesday, have dropped 20 lbs since July 6th.

There is nothing wrong with going to a surgeon that has done 500 bands. I wouldn't go to anyone with less than 250, so 500 is totally acceptable.

Good luck to you!

After reading the posts on this forum, I was appalled that the reputation of one Dr. could be influenced by a PCP's "opinion", (unethical?) and that there was confusion even over the identities of the doctors that were being discussed. To bring up heresay and rumors influences the decisions of others and unjustly could make others skeptical of a Dr. that has great qualifications and skills that have benefitted many.

I have known Dr. Earl Fox, the son of Dr. S. Ross Fox, since he entered medical school at the University of Washington. Before actually posting information that is defamatory, facts should be checked in order to be certain

one is not acting libal.

I am posting this here for the purpose of clarifying that Dr. Earl Fox, although related directly to S. Ross Fox, should be judged on his own merits. If anyone is considering any procedure, it is always important to check the credentials of the physician. Opinions are not facts, and are subjective.

Unfortunately for the Seattle area, a skilled and experienced physician has relocated his practice.

Relocating his practice to an area where he can provide the quality care all patients deserve, was not based on Dr. Earl Fox's lack of good standing in this region.

It is a shame that misinformation can impact many lifes. While this forum is here for the purpose of support, the comments made do influence others and knowing facts is a serious matter.

Now I will need to find as qualified a physician for myself.