Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what post op 1-5 year diets look like

I am 3 days post op and on my liquid diet. I was just wondering what a daily diet looks like 1-5 years from now.

This is SUCH a good question. I'd also like to know! I rarely ever hear about long-term stuff with WLS...I only ever hear about the first year...never after that.

I am post op 4 years 8 months. I still eat Protein first, Fluid intake etc. however I still get sick if I even remotely try to eat the foods I'm not supposed to.

I was 280 pounds post surgery and am now 155. In my ideal world I was happy at 145, but am at a healthy weight for being (42 this month) and almost 5'8".

Keep strong, journal daily activities etc and when you have the urge to do something you shouldn't, walk away from it and occupy your mind with something else and the feeling will pass.

Good luck!!

I just celebrated four years and 110 pounds lost on Dec. 30. I encourage you to maintain some support and never become complacent. If a food addiction has been part of your life, do not allow something else (like alcohol) to take its place. Use this tool/gift with wisdom and respect!

I am 2 years post-op. I have lost a total of 130lbs. It does become harder after the 1st year to lose weight. I do 2 hours of working out 6 days a week and I still have stalls and even gain sometimes. I can tolerate eating just about any food now, but I always make Protein the first thing. After the 1st year portion size becomes very important. Stay away from greasy food and foods that are high in carbs. I stick with Protein Shakes, greek yogurt, chicken breast, cheese sticks, and veggies. When I want to have a little snack I choose fruit or nuts. I hope this helps answer some questions. Use your surgery as a tool and enjoy your new body!

A colleague of mine had RNY before I met her. She was 420 when she had it, 180 and 5'7" or 8" when I met her, about 2 years after. She has since had plastics, and a baby. I remember she told me she knew one thing she could get at every fast food place that she could tolerate well, usually a wrap and she'd eat half and save the rest for later. She goes out and can be happy with a slice when she has pizza with friends.

My brother lost 227 lbs with a Lap band. He eats whatever he likes but in much smaller quantities. Both eat slowly...very slowly. I know a lot of people several years out and have been plucking their brains.

I think the most important things they learned is to plan ahead for challenges and keep limits in mind.

A colleague of mine had RNY before I met her. She was 420 when she had it, 180 and 5'7" or 8" when I met her, about 2 years after. She has since had plastics, and a baby. I remember she told me she knew one thing she could get at every fast food place that she could tolerate well, usually a wrap and she'd eat half and save the rest for later. She goes out and can be happy with a slice when she has pizza with friends.

My brother lost 227 lbs with a Lap band. He eats whatever he likes but in much smaller quantities. Both eat slowly...very slowly. I know a lot of people several years out and have been plucking their brains.

I think the most important things they learned is to plan ahead for challenges and keep limits in mind.