Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I knew 110% that I wanted surgery and had no doubts what so ever. It was the best thing I ever did and have no regrets at all. What are you having doubts about?

That I have nothing wrong with me now and I'm only 23 but I'm 300 lbs I just don't wanna be sick the rest of my life because of this or regret doing it so young.

Maybe you should go to a seminar or a local support group?

I have been to a seminar. And I've already paid for it and its Wednesday I really want to just get my money back and forget about it.

I'm Wednesday too LOL well no one but u can make this decision. I can tell from your picture you're a beautiful girl. 23 is so young and such a great time in your life. I guess I would ask myself can I do this alone and keep it off, does my weight stop me from enjoying my life, how long until it compromises my health? I know at 23 I was living with friends hitting bars working dating going to school. I was a size 10 with a bundle of other insecuritys LOL. Life isn't about size its about enjoyment.

So...what is your question? You want to know if you should do it? Personal choice. Have you exhausted all options? Most here have had life changing improvements. Are you happy at your weight? What do you hope to gain by surgery? What do you stand to lose?

That I have nothing wrong with me now and I'm only 23 but I'm 300 lbs I just don't wanna be sick the rest of my life because of this or regret doing it so young.

I'm gonna answer you:) I was 33 when I had gastric bypass heightest weight 211lbs I had nothing wrong with me. Okay a little asthma but it was cause by being heavy. I haven't used my pump in over 2 years. I did a life change before surgery but wasn't losing weight but kept me off asthma pump. My knee was being affected by all this weight I was carrying.

Now I can't tell you after WLS you will be jumping on one foot or you will never have issues or complications why? Things have its own way of happening & god forbid something happens. In life things happen we can't avoid but this is only a small 1% chance of a person being the one who has issues after WLS.

My personal experience I had my share of small issues. One month non stop vomiting. When I was three months my stomach closed so tight I had to have a endoscopy to open it up just a little cuz it was causing me to vomit non stop for 1week. Now I'm 6 months post up down 85lbs no issues no complications. No dumping. I can eat almost anything in small portions. I feel great my only issue now is that my tummy is wrinkly which I will get plastic surgery in 2014. I want other things but lets see.

WLS is a personal issue and it should be taking with open eyes. Some ppl maybe extremely lucky genetics or age not to ever sag. Each case is different so if your thinking maybe your too young to have WLS you can always get a dietician & lose the weight slowly but with out rush side effects or anything. You do what makes you feel comfortable. No one is going to judge you here. There is one other member who didn't get WLS either. This is not for everyone. You have to be willing to change. It's only a tool to help you lose weight the rest is up to the individual. Good luck & all the best in the decision you make one way or the other.

I'm 22. I'm 5 days post op and 250 pounds with no other health risks. I am Barely feeling any pain I haven't bed on medication since I left the hospital and I'm so happy. Yes it hurts a little to sit down and get up. I can't poop. (Tmi)

And I want to chew food! But I am so happy I did this and why waste 23 more years being fat and unhappy! Lets talk more. :)

I dont know anyone that has gotten this surgery (until here) and i know

Alot of people who have gotten it..... That didnt have doubts about it te week or two before there sugery. Including me! But they are now all very happy they went thru it. As am i. I cant tell u to get it but im sure you wont regret it :) goodluck to you!

It's funny, before I never know anyone with this surgery. Now that people see me and talk to me, everyone wants it! I lay it out there with the benefits and risks. But I am a walking poster for all my guy-friends. Beware, its not just the ladies! Yeah, I had to give up beer and pizza and steaks and all, but isn't that the idea? Better to live and be healthy!

i vomited all the way to the hospital out of fear and nervousness but i am so glad that i went through the surgery. it was not fun, but i have no regrets.

I will turn 44 exactly one month before my surgery. If I have known the impact I would feel now, I would have pushed through 7 years ago when I first thought about it. I might have been able to have a second child, felt confident enough to have a bigger wedding, and not been sick so much. You do it when it feels right, but I wish it was as readily available as it is now, when I was in my 20's.