Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I wish I had this ap when I first had surgery. It would have been great to get his kind of support! I am 5 years out and SO so happy! When I went in for my gastric bypass I was a solid 300 lbs. In one year I lost 160 lbs. Today I am 5'4 and a very proud 115 lbs!! Ahhh! If you had asked me 5 years ago if I thought I'd ever get to this point I'd probably say "psh! I wish" Well here I am!! I've never been so happy. It's all the little things are so great. Like wearing belts and tucking your shirt into your pants. Being physically picked up. Riding in airplanes or roller coasters! Shopping! Sharing clothes with friends! Jumping up and down. Going to the gym and not feeling like everyone's looking at you!

My whole journey was a roller coaster of emotions and finding out that I really and truly am addicted to food. Like a drug. Am I over my food addictions? No. It's something I'll always have BUT I am in control now. I know when enough is enough.

I've had so many cool opportunities come my way because of losing weight. I actually got into some small modeling rolls. I've modeled wedding dresses and been in a Paul Mitchell hair show. I've played the main characters in plays and musicals. I found my husband...seriously the list goes on.

Anyway, I just realized today how far I've come. I am so proud! Best decision I ever made!

post-28162-13813810808137_thumb.jpg

post-28162-13813810808592_thumb.jpg

post-28162-13813810809041_thumb.jpg

post-28162-13813810809469_thumb.jpg

post-28162-13813810810333_thumb.jpg

Karen,

First of all Welcome

Secondly OMG you have, well there are no words. Awesome. Those pics tell a story. Thank you so much for sharing so glad to have you with us.

The support here is so wonderful. I hope you will share with us some of the things you have experienced through out your journey. (good and bad) tricks you learned, lessons you learned.

I am so happy for you.

Karen' date='

First of all Welcome

Secondly OMG you have, well there are no words. Awesome. Those pics tell a story. Thank you so much for sharing so glad to have you with us.

The support here is so wonderful. I hope you will share with us some of the things you have experienced through out your journey. (good and bad) tricks you learned, lessons you learned.

I am so happy for you.[/quote']

Thank you Vicki! I am absolutely obsessed with this app so I'm sure I'll be very involved!

Wow thank you for sharing ! You look wonderful I just have to ask did you have any plastic surgery ? Your stomach and arms look amazing ! I am pretty young and I am hoping that my skin with bounce back but I am also trying to be realistic. sorry if that is to personal of a question.

Wow thank you for sharing ! You look wonderful I just have to ask did you have any plastic surgery ? Your stomach and arms look amazing ! I am pretty young and I am hoping that my skin with bounce back but I am also trying to be realistic. sorry if that is to personal of a question.

I did have a Tummy Tuck. My arms bounced back pretty well..my stomach, butt, thighs, and boobs however belong to an old lady. I do plan on getting more work done as time goes by and when I get enough money to do so.. Very worth it though! I posted some pictures of my before and after tummy tuck in another post labeled Tummy Tuck? You'll have to see if you can find them. I just posted them yesterday.

Thanks for your support!!

I wish I had this ap when I first had surgery. It would have been great to get his kind of support! I am 5 years out and SO so happy! When I went in for my gastric bypass I was a solid 300 lbs. In one year I lost 160 lbs. Today I am 5'4 and a very proud 115 lbs!! Ahhh! If you had asked me 5 years ago if I thought I'd ever get to this point I'd probably say "psh! I wish" Well here I am!! I've never been so happy. It's all the little things are so great. Like wearing belts and tucking your shirt into your pants. Being physically picked up. Riding in airplanes or roller coasters! Shopping! Sharing clothes with friends! Jumping up and down. Going to the gym and not feeling like everyone's looking at you!

My whole journey was a roller coaster of emotions and finding out that I really and truly am addicted to food. Like a drug. Am I over my food addictions? No. It's something I'll always have BUT I am in control now. I know when enough is enough.

I've had so many cool opportunities come my way because of losing weight. I actually got into some small modeling rolls. I've modeled wedding dresses and been in a Paul Mitchell hair show. I've played the main characters in plays and musicals. I found my husband...seriously the list goes on.

Anyway' date=' I just realized today how far I've come. I am so proud! Best decision I ever made!

[/quote']

Holy wow of wonders!!! First, I am so proud of you! You are the epitome of what we all want. Good for you!!! I'm seriously trying to see thru the tears and move past the chills. Nice job, friend.

I did have a Tummy Tuck. My arms bounced back pretty well..my stomach' date=' butt, thighs, and boobs however belong to an old lady. I do plan on getting more work done as time goes by and when I get enough money to do so.. Very worth it though! I posted some pictures of my before and after tummy tuck in another post labeled Tummy Tuck? You'll have to see if you can find them. I just posted them yesterday.

Thanks for your support!![/quote']

Thank you ! I will check it out

Wow. Your stats are very close to mine. I was 298 last year and an inch taller. I'm almost in tears. There is hope. Thanks for sharing!!

Well you look amazing!! My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday and I'm so nervous I want to back out is how I feel I've read so much on here annoy everyone and all kinda of Complications it just makes me so nervous I feel like I'm healthy now except for being overweight why would I do it? Help me!

welcome! your story and pics are very inspriational and encourageing. i hope to learn more about you and your journey.

Kat

Welcome! Thank you for sharing that. Truly inspirational. You are beautiful both before and after. I love all the things you're able to do now and how much better life gets. I can't wait to experience some of those joys. Congratulations on your amazing transformation!!

Anyway' date=' I just realized today how far I've come. I am so proud! Best decision I ever made!

[/quote']

Thank u for sharing! You look gorgeous and for sure are an inspiration! Can I ask how old you are? My goodness! So glad to see this!

Thank u for sharing! You look gorgeous and for sure are an inspiration! Can I ask how old you are? My goodness! So glad to see this!

I'm 27! Thank you so much for the compliments!! I'm just so glad I'm meeting people like you. It's nice to not feel alone on this journey.

You look amazing! Very exciting to see all these wonderfully positive things happening for you! I'm just a little over a month out...down 34lbs. I can hardly wait to write my success story! Awesome job!

[/quote']

Woww! Did your husband know you when you were heavy? What did he think about the RNY and the Tummy Tuck? And how did you guys meet?

Haha sorry for all the questions, but your story is like... Cinderella lol. I love it!