Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Dates

MrsPolk - Jan 02

Nikempster - Jan 3

Thynnlynn - Jan 4

Preacherswife26 - Jan 7

Frogjlr - Jan 7

Truebind - Jan 7

Jmaromano. - Jane - Jan 7

KCItalianGirl - Jan 7

MollyB38 - Jan 8

Teka2011 - Jan 9

BrattyAsh - Jan 9

BigMike - Jan 9

Ducky07 - Jan 9

Ready2Smile - Jan 10

Ksierra319 - Jan 10

Lucky13 – Jan 10

Feelin-Lika-Cow - Jan 14

Kloveburd - Jan 14

Trailblazer57 - Jan 14, Greenville, PA

TLP1212 - Jan 14

Mommywifeandfat - Jan 14

tzbandtobypass - Jan 14

lovealways - Jan 15, Long Island, NY

mrs.mda - Jan 15

mapannell – Jan 16

Libra_Lisa - Jan 18

Catgyrl68 - Jan 18

Teresa's turn - 18

blackcherrie25 - Jan 19

Wdwfreak - Jan 21

Jayla_Mom_of2 - Jan 21

Cookie - Jan 21

Dotie316 - Jan 21

Copmom - Jan 22

Vbgirl264 - Jan 22

Fiusha - Jan 22

Sissy - Jan 22n

nikarjc - Jan 22

pfaneite - Jan 22

Workingmotherofthree - Jan 23

Nienie - Jan 24

Dizzywzi - Jan 24

A Rose - Jan 25

Jessica9190 - Jan 25

Aimee - Jan 28

PianoMom1 - Jan 29

Shaleesun - Jan 29

MrsPitts11367 - Jan 30

tika - Jan 31

Trailblazer57 - Jan 31

Ms. Shawnie - Jan 31

Hunni_82 - Jan 31

MrsPolk - Jan 02

Nikempster - Jan 3

Thynnlynn - Jan 4

Preacherswife26 - Jan 7

Frogjlr - Jan 7

Truebind - Jan 7

Jmaromano. - Jane - Jan 7

MollyB38 - Jan 8

Teka2011 - Jan 9

BrattyAsh - Jan 9

BigMike - Jan 9

Ducky07 - Jan 9

Ready2Smile - Jan 10

Ksierra319 - Jan 10

Lucky13 – Jan 10

Feelin-Lika-Cow - Jan 14

Kloveburd - Jan 14

Trailblazer57 - Jan 14' date=' Greenville, PA

TLP1212 - Jan 14

Mommywifeandfat - Jan 14

tzbandtobypass - Jan 14

lovealways - Jan 15, Long Island, NY

mrs.mda - Jan 15

mapannell – Jan 16

Libra_Lisa - Jan 18

Catgyrl68 - Jan 18

Teresa's turn - 18

blackcherrie25 - Jan 19

Wdwfreak - Jan 21

Jayla_Mom_of2 - Jan 21

Cookie - Jan 21

Dotie316 - Jan 21

Copmom - Jan 22

Vbgirl264 - Jan 22

Fiusha - Jan 22

Sissy - Jan 22n

nikarjc - Jan 22

Workingmotherofthree - Jan 23

Nienie - Jan 24

Dizzywzi - Jan 24

A Rose - Jan 25

Jessica9190 - Jan 25

Aimee - Jan 28

PianoMom1 - Jan 29

Shaleesun - Jan 29

MrsPitts11367 - Jan 30

tika - Jan 31

Trailblazer57 - Jan 31

Ms. Shawnie - Jan 31

Hunni_82 - Jan 31

[/quote']

Meeeee!!!

pfaneite - Jan 22 anxious but Happy!

Passed my swallow test and will get my first 30cc of Water later. First drink in 5 days! I should be going home today too :) Very excited. Good luck everyone. This forum and thread was such a huge support for me!! :)

I am so proud and excited of and for you. You did it. I knew you could. You have been there for all of us. Your an amazing person. Pray all the happiness and health that one is able to have. Best of luck, LOSER

I just started my Pre-op liquid diet today because my surgery is the 29th. I am so very excited yet somewhat scared and apprehensive. I think that I am more worried about the level of pain for the 48 hour period afterward. Can anyone share their experience about this?

Good luck to all of us "up comers". We can and will succeed! ????

Hey guys I had my surgery yesterday and everything went great! Today I'm walking and can tolerate the pain thanks to this little blue button lol and the funny thing is my back hurts worser than my tummy! Good luck to everyone and I wish you guys well...I'm keeping all you guys in my prayers!!

I just started my Pre-op liquid diet today because my surgery is the 29th. I am so very excited yet somewhat scared and apprehensive. I think that I am more worried about the level of pain for the 48 hour period afterward. Can anyone share their experience about this?

Good luck to all of us "up comers". We can and will succeed! dde09

Please don't psych yourself out like I did! My experience so far is pretty good...when I woke up from the anestisia(sp) I was in so much pain BUT as soon as the nurse gave me my meds it subsided...when I made it to my room I had a little button that I could press that would give me my pain meds but overall the pain is really not that bad I mean it's there and it's noticeable but honestly my back hurts more than my tummy....but you'll be okay!! Good luck!!

So proud of all of you, gets a lot better after surgery. But get used to the liquids for a while. Plus check your weight being on liquids you'll be losing weight as fast as Mathew Mconaughey for his new movie.

I wish that were true. I have been on this liquid diet for 4 days and have only lost 2lbs. WTF? I am starving. I have been super extra careful to only eat what they gave me and drink 64 oz of Fluid like I was instructed to do... UGH. I am soo frustrated and I am really worried. Has anyone ever done the Optifast liquid diet and not lost a lot of weight?

Good luck to all of us "up comers". We can and will succeed! dde09

The only pain I had was getting out of that darn hospital bed the first few times. They will most likely have you on a pain pump that will help you a lot. I basically slept surgery day away. When I went home I only had discomfort due to the gas in the me. So I didn't have to use any pain meds. I was in hospital for 3 days due to a Saturday surgery. Plus my Dr keeps at least 2 days after surgery. Pain wise after you get home, I would recommend something like a Spanx to hold tummy in cuz it help eases the pain ;-) My Spanx were heaven sent. Eased the pain A LOT.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

I wish that were true. I have been on this liquid diet for 4 days and have only lost 2lbs. WTF? I am starving. I have been super extra careful to only eat what they gave me and drink 64 oz of Fluid like I was instructed to do... UGH. I am soo frustrated and I am really worried. Has anyone ever done the Optifast liquid diet and not lost a lot of weight?

Every one loses a different pace. I lost very little on the liquid diet. So don't worry if others are losing a lot. It just means you have a stubborn body like me that wants to hold onto what it has. Sorry if this isn't any comfort.

Every one loses a different pace. I lost very little on the liquid diet. So don't worry if others are losing a lot. It just means you have a stubborn body like me that wants to hold onto what it has. Sorry if this isn't any comfort.

Actually that makes me feel a little better . I was worried that I was the only one. I have an extremely hard time losing weight. My body holds on to everything. I just thought I would lose a little more quickly on liquid diet. I am prepared that after my RNY that I will lose weight slow. But as long as I lose. But this liquid diet is rough. Thanks for the response. It helped me a lot. :)

Hey everybody! Sorry I couldn't post after surgery yesterday. I was in LA LA LAND! I'm with libra_lisa, my back hurts more than my tummy. I don't remember anything after arriving in the OR. Had some tummy spasms last night, but those have subsided. Probably wont be using the pain pump much today because it makes me so sleepy. Only had one small incidence of nausea, the first time I got up to pee, but nothing since. Burping more so than "tooting" LOL. No drainage from the wounds. I got up, combed my hair, brushed my teeth and now feel half human. Oh, and I've walked the whole LONG hallway twice around. Still having s bit if trouble with the spirometer, but am working on it. I think I'm healing very nicely. Our Bariatric director came in at 7:00 am to bring me a paper and see how I was doing.

The staff here has been absolutely amazing. None of the shots or IVs hurt (a large feat for this needle-phobe). I'm just so happy right now!

Has anyone had to have the Lovanox shot? and does it hurt? UGH> I am told it hurts like heck to to get that shot in your belly. Anybody have experience with it?

Has anyone had to have the Lovanox shot? and does it hurt? UGH> I am told it hurts like heck to to get that shot in your belly. Anybody have experience with it?

Has a bit of a zing to it!

Actually that makes me feel a little better . I was worried that I was the only one. I have an extremely hard time losing weight. My body holds on to everything. I just thought I would lose a little more quickly on liquid diet. I am prepared that after my RNY that I will lose weight slow. But as long as I lose. But this liquid diet is rough. Thanks for the response. It helped me a lot. :)

That is a great attitude. At first I got frustrated cuz I wasn't having much loss. Then gained Water weight cuz my body wasn't processing liquids as it should have, week 2. I had to up my liquid intake to 90oz and after a couple days I started losing again and haven't stopped. I only lose 1 lb every 2 days. I'm happy with that cuz it is just my stubborn body not wanting to let go. I am 5 weeks out of surgery and lost a total, since surgery day, 25 lbs. A week ago I hit the gym, walk the treadmill on random hills, increasing the speed by 1 or 2 each time I go there(darn near everyday hoping that would help w the loss. Im at 3.6 mph, walk at least an hour and most of the time 1hr 45mins hoping it helps w more loss. But then I remembered I'm building muscle, losing fat so needless to say my loss is still 1 lb every 2 days. Just remember if your not losing on the scale, you can be losing on your body measurements.