Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2012 Post Op Group

My mouth gets very dry too and yes tastes gross too. I'm thinking about trying the mouth wash designed for dry mouths. I forget the name but would recognize it when I see it.

Gen :-) 12/15/12

It's Biotene and I'm thinking about trying it too!!

He doesn't know! I don't want to get yelled at! Also I haven't seen him yet. I will this Thursday.

Just be careful Sammi. Listen to your body and get help if you need it.

Well I am failing! I had surgery 12-12-12 and am still not getting in Protein or liquids. I might eat a few bites of chicken or tuna and about 10 ounces of Water a day top. I work out and live my life and feel fine. I don't feel dehydrated or hungry. I am worried that over time this isn't going to work. But I am a almost a month and have not had a single complication. Is the worst yet to come?

You aren't failing!! You're just experiencing difficulties! Lol. I am too. Some days go by and I just don't get it all in. I have been making more of an effort because they say at 3-4 months out the lack of nutrition begins to show with Hair loss, etc. But when you see your doc tell him the problems you're having. I'm sure he's heard it all and there's got to be a way to help you! We are all here for you anyways! Let us know how your appt goes!! :)

Thanks. I will have to check there and see if it isn't too overpriced.

PSKKJM. DOS 12/31/12

Sam's club has Protein powders, but I am not sure if they have unflavored, I only buy flavored there. GNC sometimes has good deals if you check their website, they do buy one get one sometimes. It seems like they have a special every week. Walmart carries some protein powders, but again I haven't bought the unflavored, so not sure that they have it, I do know they have flavored though. I wish I could be more help, sorry.

well. i got admitted to the hospital tonight :( i have some part of my stomach n intestines that is narrowing which is making t hard for me to drink and eat :( may need surgery in the morning! im devastated ' date=' i just wanna go home[/quote']

Oh so sorry! Thoughts and prayers are with you. Please update us when u can.

The yucky mouth thing cones from ketosis. Your body is burning it's fat reserves which causes the gross mouth thing. It's temp.

Sammie I'm in the exact same situation. I sleep so much that it's hard to get enough of anything in. I just realized today that I'm starving myself! I have no desire to consume anything though. Looking forward to hearing what your dr says.

I'm so sorry to hear about the possibility of another surgery (sorry forgot your name!) I'll be praying for you!

Oh and any word on the wipes? What are they for??

The yucky mouth thing cones from ketosis. Your body is burning it's fat reserves which causes the gross mouth thing. It's temp.

Thanks for the info ;-) didn't know that. I just learned that how all of us complaining we were cold is a part of ketosis too. At the beginning of it, you might sleep too much or have difficulty sleeping. That is good to know cuz I got cold and had difficulty sleeping. Last night was first good night of sleep I've had since surgery. Also might have vivid dreams. Lol, research nut!!!

Definitely will try Biotene when I shop this weekend.

My friends are concern about the huge bruise on my belly. Did anyone else have this huge a bruise too?

My friends are concern about the huge bruise on my belly. Did anyone else have this huge a bruise too?

Only bruised around the incision points.

I did hippie. I think most of the big bruised area was from the heparin shots.

Thanks for the info ;-) didn't know that. I just learned that how all of us complaining we were cold is a part of ketosis too. At the beginning of it' date=' you might sleep too much or have difficulty sleeping. That is good to know cuz I got cold and had difficulty sleeping. Last night was first good night of sleep I've had since surgery. Also might have vivid dreams. Lol, research nut!!!

Definitely will try Biotene when I shop this weekend.

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

Very interesting you guys!! I was wondering cause I am FREEZING and my mouth tastes like sh#t!! Lol. Glad to have that answered!

Very interesting you guys!! I was wondering cause I am FREEZING and my mouth tastes like sh#t!! Lol. Glad to have that answered!

Ketosis is a state out body reaches when we are burning fat as stated earlier due to lack of carbs. It is very common in those on Atkins diet or us :-) I'm happy someone knew so I could look it up for more info. It also states that there's generally a gain in energy too. Ditto on the taste, yuck

My feet and hands are freezing. Indeed a plug in mattress pad would b awesome. My daughter needs one too. She had one for her twin bed but I bought her a king now. So she needs a new one too .

I'm abt to go crawl into my bed with the mattress pad turned up to HIGH. Can't wait. Warm at last.

Ketosis is a state out body reaches when we are burning fat as stated earlier due to lack of carbs. It is very common in those on Atkins diet or us :-) I'm happy someone knew so I could look it up for more info. It also states that there's generally a gain in energy too. Ditto on the taste' date=' yuck

Gen :-) 12/15/12[/quote']

I knew there was a since behind my breath smelling like terd burgers...lol...I'm not a sock wearer to sleep...but I've been wearing them because I can't get warm!!