Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May Bandsters~February Chat!

OU ~ Yes, we are looking in Edmond. Are there really tarantulas & scorpions in the area? Also, did you have a storm shelter? I guess the new homes are being built without them and some are adding the safe rooms. Ever been in a OK tornado? I hope I never experience it. :phanvan

I guess there are, but never saw any indoors. No storm shelter. Most of the houses in the cities don't have them. I know my parents who live in the Tulsa area recently added a safe room (more like a closet:)) I never directly experienced one or had property damage with one, but have seen the damage up close afterwards. The odds of you experienceing it are very slim. :)

Really? Now I'm getting creeped out. I wasn't sure if I was being told a BIG one about the OK creatures. I guess it's true. I will definitely have a problem with this. Can you do anything to keep them away.

BTW, I've seen your pics and your a skinny thing now. GREAT JOB!!

Really? Now I'm getting creeped out. I wasn't sure if I was being told a BIG one about the OK creatures. I guess it's true. I will definitely have a problem with this. Can you do anything to keep them away.

BTW, I've seen your pics and your a skinny thing now. GREAT JOB!!

Thanks. I wouldn't worry about the bugs. Like I said I never saw any indoors. I have never seen a Triantula but know there are some and the only scorpians I saw was when I was out in the country camping. Having your house sprayed for bugs periodically will do the trick. :)

3Loaves-I have an Aunt who lives in Edmond, and quite a few other family members who live in OKC...I'll ask them what areas they recommend! When I was a baby my Mom and I were in a tornado, it tore our house up but Mom was able to crawl out of a window once it passed and we were fine. Scary stuff! I'm sorry you've been struggling with food issues, it is a constant battle. I just went for a fill and I think it will help me kick into high gear. :) I'm glad you are going for a fill, I know it will help. Hang in there!

Marz88-You and your family have been in my prayers. How is everyone doing? Your precious nephew? Your brother-in-law?

3LOAVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad your back. You don't know how many times I think about you and hope things are well for you.

You know we will practically be neighbors if you move to OK. I live just north of Dallas.

My band journey has not been as smooth as I had hoped but I think it is looking better. I have had another dental set back this week. I was on the verge of getting my partial plate to complete all my work when I had to have a root canal done. Now that tooth and the next one to it are very sore and getting loose. I can wiggle them with my fingers. So I go back to the dentist Monday and I think they will probably be pulled.

Lucky me I will be down to five teeth on the bottom. I just have to laugh about it though. They will eventually all fall out or stabilize enough for me to get a plate.

I am waiting next week for my elliptical machine to be delivered. I am very excited about getting it and can't wait to hop on and get started. I hope that will kick start my weight loss.

I went to my surgeon today and boy did I get a spanking!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well when you only have one tooth to chew on it is hard to eat by the bandster rules. He thinks I am not getting enough Protein. DUH I could have told him that.

So onward and upward. You know I just feel it in my bones that I am on the verge of getting things straightened out for the first time in a long time.

I think my "business" will go well once I get everything into place. I am not an artistically inclined person so I have to study and practice very hard to get the look I want. I am trying to specialize in table top birdbaths and things along those lines.

I am going to make some pictures for my website I hope this next week and will post it for folks to look at.

Let me know how the potential move goes.

Love ya.

Myra

Myra ~ We are definitely going to hook up in the future. I expect this job move process to take several mos. Maybe we could think about planning a time in May or June. Anyone else want to join us? I can't believe I'm going to be living with tarantulas & scorpions. :)

So your getting an elliptical machine for your home. Smart move. Dr. Phil swears by them. I tried one at the gym this fall and it hurt my left knee. Never had problems with my knees b4. It only hurts on the elliptical machine and once in a great while when climbing steps.

You are so on the verge of crossing a milestone. Hang in there my friend. You inspire me in so many ways. I love your spirit. Teeth are over rated anyway. At least you won't need any more root canals. I would rather give birth than have a root canal. I told my dentist that too. :rolleyes

marz ~ I finally got a chance to read some old threads and want to say I am so very sadden to read about your terrible loss. I followed your link and your sister is absolutely beautiful and those little girls are so very precious. It's easy to say trust the Lord and it's another thing to actually live it. I will lift your family in prayer especially Jonathan & Scott. My heart is heavy for all of you. I can only hope the knowledge of others praying for you will help you find some comfort. God bless all of you.

LindaV ~ What's happening on your job situation? Maybe I missed an updated post. I can really relate to your situation. We are moving to OK and I still have not let myself feel the emotional impact of this yet. Right now it's all logistics and being thankful to God for a real paycheck instead of an unemployment check. Our prayer during this time has been for the Lord to clearly show us where we need to be. I can say that we've seen doors close & doors open. It's not exactly what I want, but what's more important is to be a healthy strong family unit. Be strong and ask Him for guidance. You cannot go wrong. Are you still struggling with the head hunger? That's been a biggie for me. I now understand when I'm doing it, but it "feels" good. Right now I'm taking one small victory at a time. This morning I had my first Protein shake in weeks. You can do this too. Your not alone my friend!

Hey Maysters!

Marci - your pics are great! You look terrific!

Kim - my fill isi good. Tight but not so tight that I am miserable. I am eating mushies right now with no problem. I've only lost a .5 lb but that's better than what I have been losing.

Marz - I am glad to hear your nephew is doing better. Let us know how it goes when you visit him.

3Loaves - Good to see you back. I wasn't very active on the boards when you were posting so I look forward to getting to know you better.

Missy - I missed my V-day goal too. You are doing a great job with the exercise.

Drews - Can't wait to see the Derby Girl pics.

I'm hoping to get down to 175.5 this week as that will take me down to an 80 lb loss. I've been back on track for the most part with this new fill. We are going to dinner tonight with friends. I know I won't be able to eat very much so I am hoping I don't sabotage my efforts this week. Well I better get going. My son is ready to play!

3Loaves - Welcome back! We've missed you! Mychevygirl (DeAnn) was staying with me a few weeks ago and we were up late one night trying to see if we could find you on OH or myspace but we had no luck. It's good to hear from you.

Justduckie & Lapbandit - Congratulations on making Onderland! Marci, how are you feeling?

I can't believe how long it's been since I've checked in here. I had to read through about 4 pages worth of posts to get caught up. I don't think we are moving to Chicago. We love Idaho and are planning on doing whatever it takes to remain here!

I had labs drawn for the first time since May and found out that I have low Protein levels and Iron levels. The Iron doesn't really concern me because I can take supplements but the Protein levels have me a little baffled. I eat between 90 and 120 g of protein a day as it is and I don't think I can fit much more in. Apparently I am spilling protein in my urine. I see my dietician next week and hopefully we can figure something out.

On a more postive note, I did make my Valentine's goal which was 210. I am now sitting at 208.6 and creeping ever so slowy toward Onderland.

I'm glad to see you all are doing well.

Linda ~ You girls are too funny....looking for 3Loves. We don't do other sites. LBT is the only one for us. Thanks for looking though. It kind of gives you that warm fuzzy feeling, ya know?

Glad to hear your staying put. Like I mentioned on the prayer thread, the Lord always puts you at the perfect place at the perfect time.

About the protein.....I've always wondered if different people burn protein in different ways. I've read on LBT where people comment they are taking in plenty of Protein and couldn't possibly be low, but I think it can depend on how you exercise and the way your individual body processes it. Sounds clear as mud doesn't it. Hope you get the gist of what I'm saying. Do you exercise a lot?

BTW, do you still pee b4 weighing yourself? :heh:

Keep us posted!

Finally! I've broken the 50's pleateau! 149.5 whoo hoooooo! Isn't it amazing how 1/2 pound can make you feel on cloud nine? I've been riding the 50's yoyo for almost three months!

Have a losin' good day!!!

What did the doc say about the Protein levels? :phanvan

Could there be a physical reason for your throwing too much protein? It could be that your body is getting enough protein in (which seems likely) but not able to process it properly? I'm having the same problem but with calcium...and will be finding out what all the tests mean in a couple of weeks. Please follow up on this so we don't have to worry! :)