Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Weeks And Only 20 Pounds

Am four weeks out of my gastric bypass. I was 250 and now I'm 227. I'm in the third stage but even with my shakes I'm not getting in more than 500 calories a day. Is something wrong with me? Why does it seem like everyone else has lost way more than me at 4 weeks?

i'm 2 months out day of surgery 261 today 227. i feel the same way! it's coming off, but slowly. :huh: yes it does get aggrivating!

Am four weeks out of my gastric bypass. I was 250 and now I'm 227. I'm in the third stage but even with my shakes I'm not getting in more than 500 calories a day. Is something wrong with me? Why does it seem like everyone else has lost way more than me at 4 weeks?

My surgeon said to expect 15 pounds the first month and then 10 pounds each month after that. I know all surgeons are different. Bit Renee this is a tool not magic. It's a process that we have Togo through. Don't be so hard on your self. 20 pounds is amazing. Really think about that and it's 20 you will never see again. Take it one day at a time. Chin up.

only 500 cal a day and your body is in starvation mode. Up the Protein, exercise and get your Water in. Most of all have patience. Like Jenna said this is not magic. Your body is gonna hold onto the fat as long as it can. Have Patience.

Yes agree. If you were really big you lose more. We all hit a stall at some point. Then pick up again.

Don't worry I'm not far from your loss of weight. Wednesday I will be 7 wks out. I've dealt with Constipation issues but I'm trying not to compare myself and focus on me.

SD: 10/10/12, Converted from Lapband to RNY, HW (before band) 263, HW (RNY) 230, Preop 219, after surgery 223, current 201

My surgeon said to expect 15 pounds the first month and then 10 pounds each month after that. I know all surgeons are different. Bit Renee this is a tool not magic. It's a process that we have Togo through. Don't be so hard on your self. 20 pounds is amazing. Really think about that and it's 20 you will never see again. Take it one day at a time. Chin up.

Hey Jenna thanks for that post about the 10 pounds a month, that just puts it all in perspective :)

SD: 10/10/12, Converted from Lapband to RNY, HW (before band) 263, HW (RNY) 230, Preop 219, after surgery 223, current 201

I feel your pain! I have my 1 month follow-up on Dec 4th and i am going to ask the surgeon to give me numbers. I am 2.5weeks out and down 13lbs. I think when i heard how fast the weight "fell off" i expected more too. Hang in there!

Sounds like you are doing well for 4 weeks, averaging 5 pounds a week. You are not as large as some others, so that may be why you are not losing as fast when comparing with them. I find myself comparing a lot too, but everyone is so different, different genes, metabolism, weight/height, excerise, so be happy you are losing. Cheer up! Put a smile on your thinner face and kiss those 20 pounds goodbye!

Excellent Feedback! I am 5.5 weeks our and have lost approx. 15 lbs. I revised from lap band to RNY on 11-13-12. Lost almost 10 pounds in 2 weeks and then crawled the next 2 weeks. I know it is hard to not compare yourself to others but everyone is correct when they say we are all different.

My pre-op wt. was: 208. I am only 20 lbs. away from my doctors goal now. I guess people are right about losing more wt. (and faster) if you have more to lose.

Just keep logging and staying on track. It will pay off in the end. I'm sure you have noticed several inches gone right?

As for me...I feel very happy with the fact that my glucose level is normal and that I am no longer on any meds.

:D

You are fine. I'm at four and 1/2 weeks and 21 pounds. :-)

You're doing great! Think about the last time you were able to lose that much weight in 4 weeks. It's virtually impossible. And you're gonna keep losing, and losing and losing! This is the start of something great! Have patience and you won't believe how wonderful you are going to feel and look :-)